MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Palming Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palming Help
Can I palm and just sit there and think of nothing or do I have to rememeber or visualize memorys that I can rememeber perfectly? I find myselve making an effort to remember or visualize something while palming and it hasnt helped me at all.Can I just palm and think of nothing and be able to relax as a result of that?
I'd say whatever is the most relaxing. The point of palming is to relax, so just do whatever relaxes you most.
Quote:I'd say whatever is the most relaxing. The point of palming is to relax, so just do whatever relaxes you most.
I'd agree with Bryan. I didn't have any benefits from palming until I just relaxed and watched my mind supply images. Occasionally,
I'll see if a black dot will surface for me, but mostly I'm still learning to relax and be receptive.
so basically I sit there, palm and relax and let the images automatically come to me?
Onamission,
Well, I'm just saying what seems to be working for me. Yes, I just sit there, relax(for me following my breath helps) and try to mentally encourage any image that seems to arise. All the while, remaining completely hands off and nonjudgmental about what I see. You will see things if you just wait and get very relaxed. I don't even put palms to face often because it still is distracting to me. I do require complete darkness, though.
Perhaps, if you focus more on feeling than image, it could be helpful as well.
Trust yourself. I can see by your original question that you know you have to back off from trying to remember something. ~Have fun.
onamission Wrote:Can I palm and just sit there and think of nothing or do I have to rememeber or visualize memorys that I can rememeber perfectly? I find myselve making an effort to remember or visualize something while palming and it hasnt helped me at all.Can I just palm and think of nothing and be able to relax as a result of that?
it is hard to think of nothing...if you see no images while you are palming, or no perfect black, then you are staring. emily bates wrote about people who stare with their eyes closed.

to combat this, let yourself relax to a great degree by following your breath (drop any intention you may have of bringing up specific images) and just let yourself see things moving with the eyes closed. maybe a tree swaying in the wind, or the road moving endlessly, or anything that has some constant motion to it. whatever calms and relaxes YOU is the key.

if you have high myopia it will be difficult for you to bring up the black circle, so don't even go that route until you can shift & swing other images in your mind first.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download