MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Eyestrain and tension in the body

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eyestrain and tension in the body
He everybody,
my intention to learn the Bates Method is not PRIMARLY to get clear vision back, but to get back relaxation and a host of "psychosomatic" symptoms.

I suffer from various diffuse pains and discomforts for over 7 years now, which vary in intensity.
Everything started when I was 14 years old. I woke up one day and noticed for the first time, that I could saw man floaters in my eyes and more disturbingly, I developed what is called Visual Snow, a constant flickering over my vision, like a bad tv screen. This never left me till today. I have it 24/7, but I got used to it.

From then on I dicided to weat glasses and contacts constantly, because, I thought, maybe the visual snow developed, because I had light mysopia from like the age of 12.

Over my teen years I started to get other symptoms all over my body, which are all related to constant muscle tension:
stiff, constricted muscles in the neck, back and pelvis.
constricted breathing
sexual problems like painful orgasm and erection problems
problems with digestion
TMJ (tooth pressing at night), tight jaw muscles
muscle tensions in the legs and arms
pain and pressure around eyes, dry eyes, red eyes...
always tired
hard to concentrate
mild depression

Just an all over sense that something is wrong.

After years of my own research in different realms of body therapy, emotional healing, meditation etc. I found that relaxation was the way to relieve my smptoms, but something holded me back, like a blockage which ihhibited full relaxation and letting go.

I found that when I go for a long walk without contacts and glasses and really was concious of what I saw, looking in the distance often, looking all around me, seemed to really relax me on a deep level. Also during long swings I noticed a intense pain and tension around my eyes.
So know I think that tension around my eyes which could have developed through:
a) bad habbits, because unfortunatly I spend VERY long hours every day in front of the computer playing online games when I was around 12-18, much Tv and stuff like that.
b) because of repressed emotions, trauma, stress which manifested in tension around my eyes.

I read in an old yoga book, that tension in the eyes leads to tension in the whole body.

So, my question is, do you think, that eyes strain could be the reason for various, even very disabeling symptoms all over the body, maybe induced through the nervous system, because the system feels threatend or in danger, because of the unnatural tense and disabled eyes?

If yes, what would you say is the most effectiv way to release this strain?

I thought about regular holidays in the mountains or other natural areas where you can see very far, for 2 weeks without glasses and just enjoying the panorama and landscape and giving the eyes the chance to heal from (computer)trauma.

Because even now I notice, after some days without computer or tv and much longswings and walks, I notice how the eye strain and symptoms return after some time in front of the computer, even when I try, there seems to be no way to releax my eyes in front of the computer... Sad

My feeling is, that the best way to gain vision and relaxation back, would be to spend like a year in nature or whatever lifestyle where you are outside in nature, looking in the distance for the biggest part of the day.
But I ordered the book of Bates himself and "Relearning to see" and will try to ingrain the principles of natural vision in my daily life and philosophy.

But what I am really intrested in is, do you know from people how suffered from pains or discomforts other than eyes-disease, which could be linked to eyestrain and tension?

What is the "trick" to not induce more strain while working on the computer or reading a book?

Is it better to watch TV/cinema with glasses if you see everything very blurry otherwise?

I didn't wore my contacts and glasses for over 2 month now and if I put em on now, I feel such a sharp pain and discomfort and tension in my eyes, that i get sick in the stomach!

Allthough I noticed, how I see objects outside often VERY clear now, when I am just walking around and looking in the distance!

Yours
Alphalifestyle

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download