MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
WOW!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOW!!!
I almost always experience extreme floaters.

Just now I told myself that floaters are imaginary and that you don't really see them. Then they completely disappeared!!! :o

Haha they just came back again though. >Sad

looooooooool I need to practice more Big Grin
When you think about it, floaters are always there, but you only see them if you want to see them. The same thing goes for the veins in your eyes. The veins are always obstructing your vision but since they move with your eye (obviously cuz they're attached to your eye) you don't notice them at all! :o
The same thing about scotoma (afterimage after looking at a bright light source). The same thing about any illusion of imperfect eyesight. One can be trained to produce any illusion just by thinking about it in a certain way.
:o Oh, I knew that was true! Big Grin

I just needed to be reminded, thanks! Big Grin

Also isn't the same thing true of refractive errors like nearsightedness?
Yes, to some degree.

People think about refractive errors as pure optical effects, but in fact, big part of them is due to imagination out of control, i.e. illusions of imperfect sight.

One example is polyopia - when you see a dozen of semi-sharp contours of an object, continuously changing their number and position. You can't produce that with a camera out of focus. The mix-in of the sharp contours means that the eye delivers the correctly focused image, from time to time, but the mind messes it up due to the strain.
Oleg K. Wrote:One example is polyopia - when you see a dozen of semi-sharp contours of an object, continuously changing their number and position. You can't produce that with a camera out of focus. The mix-in of the sharp contours means that the eye delivers the correctly focused image, from time to time, but the mind messes it up due to the strain.

WHOA!!! A few days ago when i felt the most scared in my entire life (I was lying in bed) I would keep looking over at the clock and it eventually looked exactly as you described! And i know it wasn't strabismus because there were soooooo many double images, and plus i was only loooking at it with one eye (the other was covered by the pillow in a way). The illusion went away later. Is polyopia related to astigmatism?

I have identified my strain. Now...what would you suggest I do to cure of it the quickest say possible?

Thanks!
Another thought. When seeing, the mind acts both as sender of control impulses to the eye muscles, and as receiver of visual signals. There are many kinds of strain, and in particular those strains that disturb the sending of control impulses cause the eyes to go out of focus, and those that affect receiving, cause misinterpretations and illusions.
No, you haven't identified your strain. All these talks about "causes of strain" are just idle musing. They are of no practical importance.

To really identity your strain(s), you need to learn to produce them at will, then you will consciously avoid them, and get cured.
Ohhhhh that's right. I'm not there yet. Big Grin

I meant to say "I am much more aware of my strain than I was a few days ago." Wink
This is what i've been trying to do.

When i find myself straining i become aware of it and then i make fun of myself by mocking what i do and even laugh if necessary. so in other words i'm straining consciously in order to prevent my subconscious strain to take over yet again.

Does this sound good? ???

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now