MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Swinging before snellen chart

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swinging before snellen chart
Hello,

I am a -11.25 diopters myope and the question I have is - when I swing before the snellen chart, what is the technical reason that I see the letters clearly when I glance at them while swinging? Also I notice that letters seem huge - if I look directly at them, they appear pretty small.

Thanks,
- Gary.
No replies???
I have no idea. You'll have lots of strange unexpected, inexplicable stuff when you learn to start using your eyes correctly. A lot of what is noticed is illusions of the mind. Not to get caught up on. Try to focus on the feeling side of it and be impartial to the blur.
Hey. I don't know why you see the snellen clearer while swinging, but I do experience the same thing! So maybe we should just keep doing what works best for us.
I have to say, I read this post a little while ago and didn't find it made any difference, but have just run myself through the Snellen chart, and thought that I would try to do a little swinging at the same time, and yes! it does make things a little clearer, but I found that if you're doing quite a long swing as I was, you can see the letters clearer, but don't actually get the time to look right at it, you just have an overall appearance of the lettering being clearer.

I'll add this method into my future Snellen readings.

Mike
>> and yes! it does make things a little clearer, but I found that if you're doing quite a long swing as I was, you can see the letters clearer, but don't actually get the time to look right at it, you just have an overall appearance of the lettering being clearer.

Yes - if I look at the letters, they appear to small and distorted (given my high degree of myopia) - but if I just glance at those while swinging - they appear HUGE!!

- Gary.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now