MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Sore and aching eyes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sore and aching eyes
Hi,

I have been practicing Bates for a short while now, and about 2 weeks ago, I had the dubious task of attending the funeral of a friend’s daughter.
This was a rather brutal event as you can imagine, and I found not surprisingly that my vision was on an all time low.

Even since that event I don't seem to be able to relax my eyes in the way I could before hand, having said that my vision in the last week or so doesn't seem to be any the worse for wear; that is for a few exceptions, I seen to be suffering from sore eyes, and aching eyeballs as well.

The odd thing is that my eyes aren’t red at all like they were when I was wearing glasses, is this something that others have experiences?

Mike
Hi

First of all sorry you went through such an upsetting experience.

I'm pretty new to the Bates Method (I've been doing it for less than two weeks) but I thought my experience might help anyway.

I discovered the Bates Method while searching online for eye pain / eye strain. I use a computer all day at work and I had been getting quite bad pain in my left eye. At the same time my eye was red and a bit puffy.

So I started not wearing my glasses at all times except when driving and using a computer. Within a couple of days my eye pain had gone, as had the redness and puffiness, and since then I have had only two times of eye pain- not as strong as before, but each time has been when I have felt stressed and upset at work, and the pain is always starts when my glasses are on).

When I get the pain I do some palming (I can't get any black to visualise yet), but just covering my eyes for about two minutes usually eases things at least a little bit.

Have you tried this? I also try to relax the muscles in my face.

Despite the short time I've been doing this I strongly believe that removing my glasses for all but the essential tasks in my life has improved my eyes already- not necessarily vision wise yet, but certainly in the health of them.
Hi,

Yes, I'm exactly the same, I used to have red eyes all the time, and that only stopped when I took off my glasses.
and I in just about the same position as you with the palming, i've been doing this now for a few months and still I can't visualise black.

I have found it easier to use sun treatment, and swinging, I'm sure the palming thing will come, I too use it for say 2 minutes though to try to relax the eyes, and it does help a lot.

Mike

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now