MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Trigger Point for tension in muscles around the eyes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trigger Point for tension in muscles around the eyes
Bates often said that tension of the eye muscles contributes to poor eyesight, especially for those who have worn glasses for years. Skeletal muscle are contractile fibers that are anchored to the bone by tendons. So if you have pain in the muscles around the eye, this is probably refered pain that has its source in a trigger point somewhere else.

To understand the picture below:
Shaded in areas = areas experiencing pain(refered pain)
Dots = probable trigger point
[Image: 50triggerpointaw8.gif]

Source: Davies, Clair. The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook. (New Harbinger Publications, 2001/First printing) p. 50.

Larger resolution image: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/7098/50triggerpointwc7.gif">http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/7098 ... intwc7.gif</a><!-- m -->

To find the trigger points that are causing tightness and tension in the muscles around the eye:
1) With your index finger probe with gentle but firm pressure the muscle fiber pictured
2) When you are using gentle but firm pressure a simple touch should not hurt
3) If it does hurt a bit, probably this is a likely trigger point creating pain somewhere else
4) When you identify a trigger point, increase the pressure till the pain hurts on a scale from 1 to 10, about 7
5) After a few seconds the pain should gradually lessen till it is not present
6) Without losing the position of the index finger re-apply pressure again until the pain goes back to 7

Repeat this process a few times for relief.

I tried this trigger therapy recently on myself when I felt intense pain and tensions in the muscles surrounding my eyes. I gave me some temporary relief and relaxation, but I opted to go to sleep early. I hope I explained this well, if anyone has any questions just ask.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now