MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Seeking Bates original magazines

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Bates original magazines
Please see my blog; clark night

I am searching for all of Dr Bates original Better Eyesight Magazines, stories from the clinic, books.
I want to scan and copy to adobe and put on my web site; cleareyesight.info for readers to view, download and print for free.
I see some web sites have bates magazines to read but are missing some months and contain some mispelling.
Others are charging $70.00 to 150.00 for all the magazines.
I think people should have the choice to buy a Bates book or print one themself for free.
If i can scan the originals i can be sure they are correct and complete.
Any help is appreciated.
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:mclearsight@aol.com">mclearsight@aol.com</a><!-- e -->
cleareyesight.info

I found one Bates book scan in Adobe original with diagrams at; <http://www.archive.org/details/cureofimperfects00bateuoft>
took only two minutes to download it.
Reading it on a new portable cd with viedo screen player.
Lighter to carry than a book.
You are definitely not the first to go hunting for Bates' original magazines.

Rishi Giovanni Gatti, an italian man who has a very passionate interest in the advocation of original Bates literature and its republication, was fortunate enough somewhere around the year 2003 or 2004 to locate and buy the entire original copy of the magazines, in some kind of auction of rare original-copies-of-books material I believe - and it wasn't half cheap according to him, I tell you that. I asked him about it and he said it costed 1000 dollars... although he could have been exaggurating... ??? but I wouldn't be surprised given the value of this stuff.

He then went on to reproduce a digitally remastered publication of the entire volumes splitting them into 2 separate books - each 1500 pages long! That's 3000 pages altogether! And guess what, I'm hoping to buy it in 2 weeks time! But it's not cheap either, he said 200 euros. I also managed to pursuade him to give me a free burning glass with it (along with original instructions from Dr.Bates) and he also provides a free photographically reduced edition of the entire print in a separate mini booklet, which is absolutely awesome. I can't wait... maybe I can bargain it down a bit, but he's a hard guy when it comes to 'negotiation'... you'll see what I mean if you ever talk to him Smile

FYI Rishi is also the seller of many other books relating to the Bates heritage including Perfect Sight Without Glasses, and its companion book Stories from the Clinic, and also he's even translated both books into his native language for the fellow Italians to be enlightened by Big Grin He also sells: 'Use Your Own Eyes' by William B. MacCracken, M. D. ALL of these books are their absolute unadulterated original print and not one tiny speck of content has been missed out. So if you want pristine versions of these books, Rishi is the best person to buy from IMO, because he always includes some bonus thing like fine print at the end of the book and the quality of the print is just the best you can get when it comes to reprints. His website is: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sistemabates.it">http://www.sistemabates.it</a><!-- m -->

Reading around Bates groups and other forums, I've heard about others living in New York or in the US who have tried many times searching for other original documents and publications in the archives of a vast network of libraries, but haven't had much success at all, strangely - all investigations seem to have been totally in vain. It's almost like a conspiracy, as if all these discoveries of the cure of imperfect sight by Dr.Bates in their original publication have been completely and deliberately effaced out, totally obliterated... hmm... who is behind this? The ophthalmological community who want to damn the world to a lifetime of suffering under eyeglasses? :o hehe just kidding.

Also, I believe David K once obtained a copy to scan them into his PDF version so he might know ;D

Of course the original 1920 book is now available in several places on the net, so why not just provide a link to these on your website? Stories from the Clinic and TCOISBTWG are both on the central-fixation.com site, as well as a few others. As you know however, it has a very incomplete collection of the magazines. Quackenbush has also made his own compilation of the magazines, but cut out many important parts such as light treatment details and stuck in dumb comments, so I would avoid his edited version. As far as I know the only full and commercialy available hard copy being sold right now that's of any real quality is Rishi's absolute version, scanned directly from original copies in their absolute original look and style. You can buy the PDF form, scanned version, from David's i-blindness store, but personally I think the quality is horrible and it's way too hard to read seriously. No offense David hehe. If money isn't a factor then without restrain I must say: contact Rishi and buy it now!
Another interesting thing is that some of the original copies of Bates articles/magazines are actually being sold occasionally here and there. I've seen one or two up for sale on the i-blindness store, at Ebay, and at abe-books, among other places. If you ever get the opportunity don't hesitate to get it if you can afford it, because this material is simply golden, I think. Just imagine that the print you hold in your hands was the same print held by the great Dr.Bates himself! (or at least, printed by him). ;D

Interestingly, Jason Sperry told me that he got a original copy of the magazines... and I'm JEALOUS!
And Oleg K. said on his blog that he had the original Bates book, which is damn cool. (So did Rishi, - as the tale goes, he once stumbled upon the original masterpiece, to his great delight, after reading many other misleading or unhelpful books of the modern teachers such as Corbett, Huxley etc., and soon after studying it he was cured from imperfect sight... which I think is what inspired him in the first place to make its publication widespread and to have such a bitter resentment towards 'modern teachers'. Which is quite justified in this respect, I feel).

BTW sorry for blabbering on so much, but I totally love talking and nattering when it comes to this 'original stuff', so to speak. Really interesting subject to me. For some reason it spikes my adrenaline up. I guess its the exciting historical side to the Bates lineage, just as an archeologist feels when he is searching for some lost treasure hidden deep in the heart of a desert or tomb... I do hope someday all the interested participants in this iblindness group can come together and scheme an investigation into all records of Bates and see what we can dig up; if anyone's up for it, that would be so interesting... maybe we can uncover never before published documents... I mean, I remember reading Emily talking about leaving production of the BEM to focus her time on writing 'new material' , yet mysteriously this new material was never seen... It's a total conspiracy...
thanks!!!
I will reply later after reading this.
Thanks again for the leads to finding Bates mags.
A librian i talked to this morning said to also check old microfilm, like they preserve old newspapers on film in each town, city, state library.
If i find the originals i will post them for free on my site and everyone can download, copy to their site, print, give free.
I like davids copies of original Bates Better eyesight Magazines and stories from the clinic form the Bates method store.
They may be old looking but we can be sure they are not edited, changed.
i will buy them.
Does he know there is a new technical device that will scan those documents and print them clear?
its supposed to be fast.
I saw it advertised at microsoft i think?

clark night

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now