MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Fine Print DIY

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fine Print DIY
For the last two weeks I've been looking around on the web and in local bookstores for a small
Quote:pocketable
book with lots of fine print. Other than miniature bibles available online in groups of maybe 20, I was having no luck. I wanted something very affordable to carry around with me.
Earlier today I dropped off a CD I was borrowing from the library and while I was there I became curious if they had any books with fine print. The librarian informed me that the only way to locate that would be to take books off the shelf and look. With little hope, I went to the religion section to see if they had a miniature bible (Don't even have much interest in it) and while I was there I remembered that the library has a photo copier.
This is what I did and recommend to others! Grab a book of interest (something with a passage you can stand rereading) with bold type (I prefer the old serifed types) and take it to a copy machine. Reduce some pages to 50% and some to 30%. Seven copies is 14 pages of fine print. The type should come out very dark and fairly clear. The clearer the better of course, it gives the eyes something very identifiable to clear with. Cut the excess paper away, staple the pages together and go sit yourself down in the sun. Experiment with different distances. Paradoxically the size of the print doesn't relate to how far you can hold it from your face and still read it. Really fine print is like a tonic to your eyes/mind!
I found, like magic, beautiful halos would pop out all around and between the lines of print. Occasionally, the print became so clear and dark I felt like I had entered another dimension! Big Grin

BTW, it cost me $1.05!
This is a really good idea, thanks. I bet the librarians were wondering what the hell you're upto? Tongue

And I agree that fine print is one of the best tonic / training there is for the eyes and mind. What perplexes me is why books are still continued to be printed in large fonts... wasting precious ink and paper and destroying your vision at the same time, it's mad!
Just want to underline that for novices of fine print reading, like me, having bright, direct sunlight on the print is incredibly beneficial.
Love to hear if anyone tries the do-it-yourself fine print.
I use this method - Just copy paste whatever I want to read in notepad - select all text - reduce the font size to somewhere around 3 points. And take a printout on a laser printer. Beautiful fine print material ready in seconds.
This will work only if you have a soft copy of the book/material Smile

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download