MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Sun-Gazing Experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sun-Gazing Experience
The day before yesterday, the first time in my life I was able to look at the sun without discomfort for an indefinite length of time, with no afterimages at all, my eyesight profoundly improved immediately during and after sun treatment, and great flashes of improved vision during the same day.

Previously, I was only able to look at the sun without discomfort for a few seconds, then the wave of sleepiness and discomfort returned and I had to look away or close my eyes. This time it was different. By using the burning glass, doing long swing with my eyes up to the sky and getting accustomed to the sky near the sun, in about 10-15 minutes I became able to look at the sun, anywhere at the sky near the sun, and anywhere on earth and then back onto the sun, without losing the comfort and without any afterimages or color changes. I blinked at the normal rate. I even saw the edges of the sun sharp for few moments, although as a rule I see sun in blur. (so, obviously my sun gazing is still not perfect and I still have room to develop). The sun was swinging slowly and I was able to easily remember the swinging black period.

Because I was a bit bewildered with the fact that I no longer have to fight discomfort, I didn't know what to do next Smile and decided this time to take a longer session of sun gazing than I normally do. The same day I had unusually sharp flashes of improved vision whenever I looked to the window. The next day the weather was overcast and I had a bad relapse, one like I haven't had for a long time already. I couldn't look even at the clouds without discomfort, and nothing seemed to give me relief. It is however known that relapses often take place the next day after sun gazing, but after they go, the eyesight improves further. Now it's the third day and the relapse is gone, and my vision feels like somewhere on the edge of a flash all the time. I am very intrigued with the power of more lengthy sun treatment, when I am comfortable with it, and look forward to try it again. To be honest, previously I was afraid to try it because of my first bad experience of sun treatment, when I did it wrong and developed a scotoma that lasted for two months.
Thanks for the inspirational post Oleg. I started sunning my self after reading your posts about it.
I am reluctant ot advise people to sun with the eyes open.
So many warnings about the ozone layer being depleted allowing in unbalanced light, too much uv on some areas of the planet.
I sun with the eyes closed but also sneak in some open eye sunning.
The open eye sunnning, looking at the sun with eyes open keeps my vision clearer than 20/20 level.
Also improves health, mood, energy, sleep.
Any opinions on the ozone layer and sunlight causing eye problems stated by some scientists?
Are the warnings all developed by the optical industry in a atttempt to sell sunglasses, tinted lenses (which lead to vision impairment) and to hide the fact that sunlight improves vision and eye health?
Or; can it be dangerous to get too much sunlight looking directly into the sun with eyes open?
Good nutrition is also needed.
clarknight, your nonsense talk keeps revealing that you have NOT cured yourself, and you don't have perfect sight. Please don't lie to us and don't confuse other practitioners. What nutrition? What ozone? If you really practiced Bates method even a single whit, you would never say that.

Everyone with perfect sight can look at the sun without discomfort for an indefinite length of time, with actual benefit to the eyes. And in reverse, anyone who can look at the sun without discomfort for an indefinite length of time, has perfect sight.

It should not be recommended for people with imperfect sight to begin looking directly at the sun, because it may cause great temporary discomfort, but people can always start with the burning glass, which is safe. The burning glass may be even more efficient than direct sun gazing, so it should be recommended to everyone.

Dr. Bates was aware of the UV rays and he still reported that no harm is caused by it. By overexposure, the external surface of the eye and the eyelid skin can get burnt, like a usual sun burn. But it's OK, everyone learns from childhood how to keep his skin from sun burns. Sun treatment can hardly be an overexposure though, because it's not about hours, but only minutes.
I tried sungazing for a day or two but found it too much to handle. So I gaze the bright sky in the neighbourhood of the sun and this felt better. I have started closed eye gazing of the sun for 3 minutes everyday. Unfortunately the rainy season is around the corner and I may not be able to do sunning regularly for the next few months.

For those who cant gaze at the sun in the beginning, can they gaze at a bright lamp to begin with and slowly move on to sun gazing as vision starts to improve? Is sun the most important factor or is the brightness of the source sufficient?
Dear Ram,

What exactly was "too much to handle"?

It's OK that you can't look at the sun right now. This is how it should be, because you have only just discarded your glasses. Only people with perfect sight can look at the sun without discomfort for any length of time.

What you CAN do is to use the burning glass. I wrote about the burning glass on my blog: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://krupnov.blogspot.com/2007/09/how-to-use-burning-glass-on-yourself.html">http://krupnov.blogspot.com/2007/09/how ... rself.html</a><!-- m -->
Have you tried it? It will blow you away!

It is also OK to look at the sky first. It is BTW an important check-point that when you become able to look directly at the sun that you can also look at the sky anywhere around the sun without discomfort. If you only can look at the sun and not at the sky near the sun, it means you are not relaxed, but strained and have developed a scotoma that simply lowers your vision in the central field and fools you into thinking you can look at the sun.

Bright lamps can quite replace the sun when the sky is overcast. The best are the metal-halide gas discharge lamps. I wrote about such lamps in detail on my blog: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://krupnov.blogspot.com/2008/02/my-indoor-sun.html">http://krupnov.blogspot.com/2008/02/my-indoor-sun.html</a><!-- m -->

If you drop sun treatment at all, I am afraid you will just waste all these months of the rainy season. Read my own experience on this: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://krupnov.blogspot.com/2007/08/7-tips-for-sungazing-learned-in-hard.html">http://krupnov.blogspot.com/2007/08/7-t ... -hard.html</a><!-- m -->
Oleg K. Wrote:What exactly was "too much to handle"?

The eyes automatically close after a few secs and I cant open them. If I use force, they start tearing uncontrollably.
Please explain the burning glass?
I have read Dr. Bates articles explaining a glass for shining sunlight onto certain parts of the eye.
Is this the same device.
Where can i buy one with directions.
Are there any precautions when using?
Oleg.k,

On your blog you have written that -

"What you should see is a bright white field with a network of darker blood vessels. This is the projection of sclera's blood vessels on the retina. As you move the glass, the vessels will move too. In the center of that field you will see a spot of slightly different color and texture. This spot doesn't move so I think this is the macula lutea (the central yellow spot on the retina).
"

We know that usually our nearpoint is between 5cm-25cm depending on the eye. Anyting nearer than this cannot be seen distinctly with the eye, and if the object is far too close to the eye ( like 1 cm) it is completely invisible. How can we explain the fact that that eye can see the inside of itself which is awfully near to the retina (blood vessels etc) ? Is it due to the large anount of light that falls inside the eye that lights up the entire eye and all its internal structures? Even then how are we able to see things that are at a distance of less than 1 cm from the retina film?
[Deleted post -- accidentally posted something in this thread instead of another one]
I still sun-gaze. Not over do it, not under do it.

It keeps the eyesight clear and improves my health, mood. Need it after inside all day working on computer.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download