MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Question about long swing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about long swing
Hello,
I have a question about the long swing. should you let your eyes shift between objects in the surrounding room?

method 1. If i do the long-swing slowly, my eyes inevitably fix on many things in the room resulting in a rapid shift. I.e. my eyes rapidy change focus between objects in the room. They seem to get tired if I do it a bit faster though.

method 2: When I do the long swing quickly,there is a point at which the eyes don't seem to have time to shift between objects in the room, and they seem to remain fixed in one spot, the room gets blurrier, but then I begin to see the opposite motion of the room that everyone is talking about. I guess that advantage of this method is that your eyes learn to "let go" of the surroundings, relax, and let the image flow by them. But at the same time, the surroundings appear blurry and my eyes feel fixed (staring?)

I thought method 2 was the correct one, and I found that the more I do method 2, the easier I can produce the "swinging" motion during slower long swings ("swinging" motion: the point at which my eyes don't try to focus on the objects in the room, and simply let everything flow past them). Now I am thinking maybe method 1 is correct, and I've been hurting my eyes all along.

Which method is correct? I've been trying to find the answer for a while.

Thanks!
M
the point of the long swing is to break the habit of staring but not fixating on anything, so the second method is correct. Another more important point of the long swing is the produce relaxation and in consequence produces improved vision. So if your not having any clear flashes or improved vision the long swing is not producing relaxation and you are straining. Bates said not to pay attention to the apparent movement or the objects when doing the long swing. Remember the shifting and swinging chapter, bates said the eyes and mind do not swing the letter,they swing on there own accord. Making things swing or move in the opposite direction of the eyes is making an effort and is counterproductive.The oppositional movements of things is an indication of relaxation not a means towards it. Hope this helps

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download