MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Hi im new! ^^

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi im new! ^^
Hey wuts up everyone!  I've started reading on vision improvement for a few weeks and most of the posts in this forum the last 2 days...

For an introduction of myself and my background....im a 18 years old (turned 18 2 weeks ago! Tongue) high school grade 12 student living in canada...

I've started this bates thing like 2.5 months ago and it might be surprising how desperate i am because at that time i threw my glasses into my drawer and only worn them less than 10 times and less than a few minutes each time.  I started wearing glasses at like 3 or 4 years old and i think thats a bad thing right?  Also i love video games and i hope that doesn't screw it up more lol.

My prescription is L:5.00 R:4.50 last time i checked and ya its myopia.

im not sure what it is now but last time i tried my 4.25 / 4.75 glasses i could read the 4 feet line at 5 feet. so i guess im not 4.50 / 5.00 for sure lol.

I haven't been able to see a thing at school and i always look over to my friends notes haha and it pisses them off.  they also think im a dumbass thinking myopia could be reversed lol!  At one point i thought of quitting cuz i thought i saw worse on the chart but then the next day it became better so i continued >.<

About a month ago i got my first flash on the street when buying veggies and fruits with my mom...i was like "whoa" dats cool.  But intrestingly the image was clear but was 2 separate clear images side by side...some times its like that and i think its cuz my bad eye doesn't get the flash.  Actually my bad eye didn't get flashes i started noticing and worrried but i didn't really care cuz flases really excited me haha.

My problem is that i get many many flashes now....and flashes with my left eye starting a week ago...but they are never constant and range on a variety of clarityness.  The good thing is that i get them every 5 seconds and while my eyes are open for another 5 secs or so and then i get another one but clearer or worse.  They come so often sometimes i might not revert to the old blurry vision i always had.  All i did mainly was palming for 2 months lol.  And like others said someone is turning the clarity knob in my brain but its turning every second every blink in unpredicted levels lol.  It might be a good thing because i can't even control it anymore some times i palm and get no flash sometimes i blink and get a perfect one.  Having that said...this might be a common problem but the baseline hasn't changed i noticed Sad.  I've read long/short swings will help this problem greatly and imma try it after writing this Tongue

I will add more later and i wanna question because im not using glasses doing anything virtually includuing the comp and homework...does that worsen my vision?  Although i noticed when i was first using the comp my nose was almost touching the monitor (rofl) but not im at like 20 cms away.  Actually something forgot to mention...i gained 4 lines with my good eye and 1 line (could see the biggest letter) with my left eye 1 week after i totally discarded my glasses because after i read the home improvement chapter it said "glasses should be discarded in order for a cure to be desired" lol so ya im pretty crazy i think but should i wear my glasses when doing activities like these?  And yea it pretty much hurts my eyes to look in the glasses now and i suspect i will get lesser flashes and slow my progress if i do...

This is my first time writing about my vision improvement journey...lol and i hope everyone can shed some light and gimme some thoughts or ideas TongueP

I also wish everyone well on their road to clarity and dont give up! 
Hi fidisolo, welcome to the forum.

You said several things that make me think you're really on the right track and hardly need any advice to be able to continue improving. Your flashes sound like the real deal - just keep being grateful for them, and your vision will be like that more and more often. Good job weaning away from the glasses. Everyone should try to do that. It keeps seeming to me that the people who choose to go without glasses completely have the most clear flashes and the best improvement over time.

Video games are fine. Just be careful you stay relaxed when you play them. For example, I play Counter-Strike, and if I tense up and start feeling anxious about possible mistakes, my vision slips. As long as I stay calm, confident, and keep aiming for the head instead of freaking out and spraying bullets, my vision stays sharp and I play very well.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Ya i loved counterstrike too...but i think i should quit games altogether for now because i doubt i can not strain and play cs at 20 cm from the monitor lol!  I know I do seem and I do tell myself im progressing rapidly but when my vision reverts back to the same baseline since a while i've taken my glasses off, i do feel like its going nowhere although i know my eyes are in the progress of learning to see in a correct and relaxed way.

Do you wear glasses when you play cs?  If you dont whats your approx prescrip lol.

Also, I know this might be a question many people have asked...but for people like me that worn glasses for 15 years and others as well....when our vision is cured,  do we jump from the blurry state to a almost 20/20 state by "holding" our flashes permanently?  Or does our baseline vision keep improving?

Should i keep a bright light on when i use the comp and do homework? Or keep it as dim as possible lol.  There's still a long way to go for me thats all i know Tongue.  And i would like to have my vision to see the blackboard and stuff at the front row by september or else i will have to use my glasses because i'll need to see stuff in university lol!
One thing im worried about is...when i get clear flashes...i get sometimes double vision but it is consisted of 2 CLEAR images side by side lol instead of the original image sharpen at its original spot.  And my flashes are sometimes distorted...like when i look at a word "panasonic" the "pana" is clear and the "sonic" is blurry.  Double vision can be side by side or up and down lol.  Sometimes letters start flying all over the place whereever they want lol.
Double vision flashes are okay too. You're shaking things up, and things can be weird because, as I see it, the conscious and unconscious parts of you aren't used to working together well. What I mean is people's vision reverts to normal for at least brief periods when they're not conscious of it, and when they do work together it might be awkwardly at first.

One thing that has happened to me many times is suddenly falling into a relaxed way of using my eyes and feeling sort of blind for a moment until realizing I saw clearly. The way I would explain it is there can be such a strong association between unnecessary effort and the mental process of seeing that you don't always "see" the visual stimuli unless there's strain there that you think is what tells you you're seeing something.

No, I don't wear glasses at all. Initially when playing CS without them I couldn't see well, but I made do. But looking back, I'd have to say that if playing makes you feel tense, like you're constantly staring in a flight-or-fight mode expecting to be pounced on, you'd be better off doing something else, as that nervousness about the act of seeing, and particularly the flight or ffight mode, is exactly the kind of thing that prolongs myopia.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Ya thats pretty true...but i think there's a gap between not seeing pretty well (you can see most of the things and enemy CT's or Ts rite?) and me: not seeing much at all...like i would probably see a guy going across the screen which is some oval object lol)  I really doubt that its possible to play CS a few inches from the screen with -4.5 and to not strain.  But maybe im wrong as one can read few inches from a book without straining...
Also, Dave, would you mind telling me a bit about your own experiences and your achievements?  I always feel inspired when i read successful stories and become more determined for some reason that I am not spending enough time...although i was unsure if it even worked in the first place...it is confirmed when i looked back into my glasses and seeing better than 20/20 when i couldn't even see the TV well at a far distance with it before.
See here. Someone else just asked about me recently.
http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.ph...,82.0.html

Yes, it would be hard to play it a few inches from the screen. But good observation about doing so with a book without straining. Worth thinking about.

Dave
Site Administrator

20/30 is pretty wicked Tongue what did you start off with the first time you started a bates exercise and how long ago was that?  I know prescriptions are inaccurate as you describe them but im also interested Tongue
Mid-2001 I stopped wearing my contacts. I was idly trying other things until that point, leaning towards Bates and then really getting into it when I read his book and magazines. I guess palming would hae to be one of the first things I tried, and the swing. I did both really badly. I could see what the problem was, so I totally bought the whole idea, but it took me a long time to get the hang of anything at all with any consistent, even minimal, benefit. I was seeing about 10/100 (20/200) on the chart when I started. I had been wearing glasses since I was 5, on and off, contacts through a couple periods, steadily through college until the last year when I threw them out.

It may be a pain in the ass to not see the board at school, but I got through it, so I don't take any whining from other people who can't see it. Smile

Dave
Site Administrator

It must have been tough getting through all those ups and downs but its got to be worth it.  I feel so sorry when i walk past this elementary school to my high school everyday and see these young children with glasses.  It would be much easier to prevent than to undo myopia.  How did you manage your homework and the understandings of the work at school then? -_- because im noticing laziness coming to me at school because i cant see and cant see the board as well.  My marks are also steadily dropping Tongue
I also have a question about the long swing.....i know when i am supposed to imagine things going in the opposite direction when i sway left and right....I also read roberts insight into long swings about this motionblurr and our eyes are loose and dont lock up to look at anything...

Ok so when our vision is improved by the long swing...do we get it right after?  We aren't looking at anything when swinging so the good vision (flashes) come right after when we stop the swing?

Also any tips on how to not stare at the ends of the swing?
Sometimes I could see well enough, but when I didn't, when there's a will there's a way. I've always been able to learn best on my own anyway - the classroom pace was almost always too fast or too slow for me, which is probably true for a lot of people.

People with hearing problems have it much worse, I think.

Dave

fidisolo Wrote:It must have been tough getting through all those ups and downs but its got to be worth it.  I feel so sorry when i walk past this elementary school to my high school everyday and see these young children with glasses.  It would be much easier to prevent than to undo myopia.  How did you manage your homework and the understandings of the work at school then? -_- because im noticing laziness coming to me at school because i cant see and cant see the board as well.  My marks are also steadily dropping Tongue
Site Administrator

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now