MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Is this right and how to get started?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this right and how to get started?
Hey I am a 15 year old male who got started in eye exercises and bates method like about half a year ago. I have read on the internet and found some "programs" and books for eye exercises and on the bates method. Like I have bought, Relearning to See and The Complete Magazine of William H. Bates and they have made me more interested. I have started to do the habits shifting/swinging and blinking but cannot make a habit of it.(started like few weeks ago to make it a habit)

Well one day while I was talking to school, my left eye saw like a bright white color on my eye for like less than half a second o.0.
I have thought about this and thought is this a flash or not o.0.

I am wearning contact lenses and is trying to reduce my time wearing them. I am trying to wear them only for like 8-10 hours as I am in school and my eyes are like very terible of myopia around -3- -5 o.0(Didn't see doctor in a long time), so I only wear 1 contact on my right.

So my questions you can answer in this order are:

1. Can 1 eye be improved while the other is not or less?(For Wearning a contact lens on my right eye only to improve my left)

2. How can you describe a flash the most simpliest form, do you see white when you do?

3. Is this how to get started?
-Try to shift and blink when you're consious and try to make it a habit to do it until it is.
-Palm about 5-7 times a day for 5 minutes each.(Sort of instructions in the Complete Magazine)
-Read Snellen Chart everyday on each eye for half a minute.(Says can improve vision by looking at it o.0 and it was test card in the book)
-Sun once a day or when you can.
-Don't lie as it makes your vision worse.

Any other tips will be thanked =)

----Jason
theres a 10-10-10 rule, which is when u are doing close up work or using computer u look away every 10 mins, look at something in the distance at least 10m, for 10 seconds.

What do u mean by "Dont lie it makes ur vision worse?"
Bates showed that when people lie there is an error of refraction that occurs.
I would recommend you to get :

Relearnging to See

and

Better Eyesight The Complete Magazines Of William H. Bates

they are both written by Tom Quackenbush.(I know last name sounds sorta funny o.0 but he is a great Bates teacher/author)

Relearning to See is like a more of a sciency type of book.

Better Eysight is more like instructional and mostly success stories of how people have improved from nearsightedness, farsightendness, astigmastism, and more like those eye diseases like catratcs and stuff.(better and more ways to improve visio than Relearning to See, but if you want mostly the main things for improving only and want to learn lots of the eye and back talk to your eye doctor then I'd recommend that.)

Any more suggestions/help from anybody else o.0?

------Jason

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now