MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Weaning myself from glasses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weaning myself from glasses
Would I still see improvements if I wean myself from glasses..? I did the VFL program from playtesting 3 of the exercises and I saw a small improvement in one day however it has disappeared from the times I've worn my glasses at work, driving, and for the comp...I can subside at work because all I'm doing is bagging groceries however I require them for driving only. If I just use my glasses for driving only and use pinholes for ccomp work and maybe no glasses or a reduced rx for work, would I see improvements..?

BTW, I've had a few clear flashes the biggest one happpening 2 years ago...
Advantage Wrote:Would I still see improvements if I wean myself from glasses..? I did the VFL program from playtesting 3 of the exercises and I saw a small improvement in one day however it has disappeared from the times I've worn my glasses at work, driving, and for the comp...I can subside at work because all I'm doing is bagging groceries however I require them for driving only. If I just use my glasses for driving only and use pinholes for ccomp work and maybe no glasses or a reduced rx for work, would I see improvements..?

BTW, I've had a few clear flashes the biggest one happpening 2 years ago...

Although I would say it's probably best to not wear your glasses, you shouldn't be too discouraged if your improvements "disappear". That would happen even if you weren't wearing your glasses. Patience is what probably makes the difference between those who succeed and those who give up!

If I were you, I would probably just use glasses as emergency-only (driving, for instance), and then go without them all other times - including the computer. When I first started I was about 4 or 5 inches from the monitor! Of course, that depends on your prescription.

Although everyone is different, one thing that seems to be valuable is to really accept your everyday vision as blurry. Although you intellectually know that your vision is blurry, since you experience the world as clear while wearing glasses its harder to fully understand how you really see. When I started the Bates' method I stopped wearing my contacts altogether. Even after a month or more of not wearing them I could still feel that I was somehow "waiting" to put them on.
What about computer usage..? I don't want to sit soo close to the screen that it becomes unbearable...
I think it depends on whether you can feel relaxed when you do that...maybe it might be the same as reading a book up close...

I've quit my glasses and accepted this is a blurry world...so what? I can still hear and feel and its not like im handicapped like a person that lost thier leg because im in the same situation as millions of others.
Advantage Wrote:What about computer usage..? I don't want to sit soo close to the screen that it becomes unbearable...

I would say just try it out for a couple of days if possible, see how it is. When I first started I was close enough to the screen that I had to turn my head to see other parts of the screen. This probably helped prevent staring actually. I also have an LCD screen so it's not as unhealthy as being close to a CRT monitor.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now