MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Lots of clear flashes but...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of clear flashes but...
Hello,

I thought I'd ask a few questions. I've been trying to help myself with Bates for a long time (years), with some success. I have a lot of clear flashes- usually several day, most lasting 20-30 seconds. The rest of the time my vision is pretty poor, around -3.

I wanted to know how good this 'progress' is. Sadly, it is still seems quite a long way from having permanent clear vision.

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Chris.
Dear Chris,

When you say "clear flash" -- that could be anything.

In fact I know that quite a few people are "over-prescribed", i.e., they had
a "bad day", and were reading perhaps 20/100. Then some OD believes that
you should have 20/10 vision, and gives you a -3 diopter lens.

But, when you take them off, and use various preventive measures,
you can sometime find that a "clear flash" can come close to passing
the required DMV test of reading 3/4 inch letters at 20 feet.

I would suggest clicking here, and then on "Display" several
times. Then read at 20 feet if you can. If not, select 10 feet
and read at that distance.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html">http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html</a><!-- m -->

Let us know which line you can read 1/2 the letters on.

This will help you by being able to judge your progress -- and
it is fun to do.

Enjoy,

Otis
When you have a clear flash do you try to hold onto it by avoiding blinking and shifting?
If yes, this causes blur.
A flash of clear vision sometimes disappears when the eyes blink and shift to a new object or new part of a object, but; when shifting, central fixation, normal blinking are enabled, the clear flashes will return, last longer and become permanent.
Are you wearing eyeglasses at any time?
Diet, posture, neck, shoulder tension, stress level ??
When I have a clear flash I just leave it be- normally it lasts longest this way- most tend to be about 30 seconds or so. Blinking usually causes it to become blurry again.

I don't wear glasses much at all- occasionally I will wear them (-3) on a night out, when it's dark, or whilst driving.

Diet is pretty standard really. Typical British diet- pasta and sauce, that kind of thing!

Posture isn't great- I work on a laptop a lot- I get by without glasses but posture is not ideal. Stress is not too bad. Recently I have been practising meditation which has helped tremendously. On the mornings when I successfully complete my meditation, my vision is substantially clearer throughout the day. I tend to feel stressed out when I wake up, so this helps me sort my head out before the day begins (if I get time).

I work on the computer a lot (though no more than is necessary), and I see this as being a negative influence on my eyesight.
chrism Wrote:Hello,

I thought I'd ask a few questions. I've been trying to help myself with Bates for a long time (years), with some success. I have a lot of clear flashes- usually several day, most lasting 20-30 seconds. The rest of the time my vision is pretty poor, around -3.

I wanted to know how good this 'progress' is. Sadly, it is still seems quite a long way from having permanent clear vision.

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Chris.

Which methods do you use?

If you are trying out only conventional methods such as shifting and palming so far, then it is probably time for you to try the power techniques of Bates - memory and imagination. Unless you improve your visual memory it is impossible to hold on to the clear flashes permanently. I have been trying this with some success but at my current level of eyesight memory is not such a useful device and often brings only strain. At -3, it should be worth a try for you.

Dont ever think that your current vision is poor - that creates a psychological barrier. Please be hopeful. Be optimistic since you are experiencing clear flashes.
http://cleareyesight.info has more vision improvement descriptions.
Sometimes a clear flash makes you think about your eyes, vision.
Thinking about the eyes, clarity of vision can interefere with complete natural eye/brain function.
Let the flashes come and go, and stay with relaxation, easy shifting... without effort, let it come naturally.
Janet Goodrich says; "relax with the blur" dont worry about the clarity.
Hi,

Ram's suggestion to try different techniques is spot on. There are many suggestions on these forums (exercize descriptions) and on the cleareyesight pages. Just get createive and don't think o fthem as drills but as lessons. Make them fun! Otis's suggestion to read your visual accuity is a great one. I find that reading from a Snellen chart daily helps me in two ways: 1. I can immediately see my vision clear when Irelax, so I can find the best way for me to relax because I see it work immediately. In this way my eyesight improves when I look at the Snellen chart. 2. It's motivating to know that my eyes are always getting better.

if you want to get some more vegetables in your diet, get a pack of pre-cut stir fry veggies from tesco or sainsbury's - stir fry in some sauce and dinner is ready in 5 minutes, 15 if you want some rice or meat with it.

best wishes,
sorrisi

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now