MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Keep falling asleep during Palming...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep falling asleep during Palming...
I just did it today again! I get home from a day at school and decide to Palm my worries away.
Maybe its posture, I'm not very upright, but at first I'm always energetic.

First off, falling asleep due to palming seems like it could help a little; almost like a relax while you sleep method. Does this actually work?

Also: I think I'd rather just not fall asleep. Obviously If I fell asleep I must be doing something right? Its almost too relaxing, do I fix this with simply better posture?

(English is suffering from a confused brain) Sad
A couple past threads on it -

http://www.iblindness.org/community/view...leep#p5097

http://www.iblindness.org/community/view...sleep#p421

Try doing it for not such a long time, and more often.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
I give my gratitude. I never realized how many experience this problem.

Today I was able to stay awake simply imagining moving objects, and opening my eyes on occasions. (I call it chain palming, when its one session after another in succession.)
I used to have the same problem with palming a while back. I eventually stopped palming for a while and focused more on sunning, swinging and shifting.

Whenever I had clear flashes, I noticed that my relaxation was nothing like the sleepy states I found myself in while palming. I realised that the kind of relaxation we are looking for is relaxed mental focus. I don't know how else to describe it. Alertness? I started palming again but this time imagining scenes from my past where I was enjoying myself, carefree and energetic. Drowsiness never once crept in.

You can feel the difference. For the first time after palming I experienced a clear flash.

But you will eventually get drowsy if you palmfor too long so stop when you notice it and move onto something else. I find that long swinging straight after works for me.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now