MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
My story of vision improvement and the floating specks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My story of vision improvement and the floating specks
Hi to all,
I am new here and I have been wearing glasses for about 12 years.
I started putting away my glasses about a week ago and since then my vision has improved from -2.5 D to about -1.75 D.  Big Grin

The actual fact is that I was trying to find a solution for my floater problem I came accross this site, and that was the beginning of my vision improvement program which I did not intend to do at first.
I am a road cyclist and I have noticed that maybe cycling is a real benefit to the eyes, one day after riding about 100 km I noticed a so many clear flashes and now I have them all the time when I look at the distant especially. Also to note that I read the signs and anything interesting on the road. I found that blinking was really effective, especially tight blinking.
But the annoying floaters seem to remain and bother me so much. Recently I have noticed that when I palm or look at a blank surface I see sparkling white dots which seems like boiling white particles beside my floaters.
This has made me very uncomfortable when looking at blank surfaces and I think that it makes me strain a lot. Sad
Has anyone got the simlilar problem of mine, which I think is much more bad than only myopia.?
Has anyone been able to cure themselves of theses annoying floaters or boiling things?
I think personally that Dr Bates is right about this to some extent, But I also think that when the number of the floating specks increases, the mind can't handle them anymore and they begin getting more visible.

And the last question: Has anyone been able to see perfect Black? If yes which of the relaxation techniques worked out mostly?

Thank you
elias Wrote:I am a road cyclist and I have noticed that maybe cycling is a real benefit to the eyes, one day after riding about 100 km I noticed a so many clear flashes and now I have them all the time when I look at the distant especially.

That's pretty interesting, and I've noticed the same thing occur when I've gone running. I like to stay fit, but I'm not much of a distance runner--I keep my running to sprints and get my cardiovascular exercise in other ways--but I went along with my marathon-running friend on some of his shorter practice runs earlier this spring. Something I noticed every time we ran was that the tail end of my sessions, especially the longer ones, were like prolonged clear flashes. This coincides with the experiences you have when you ride over 100km.

I wonder what causes this. Perhaps it's a combination of the constant forward motion at a pace much faster than walking and the way you pretty much get rid of all unnecessary thought as you force your body to move on. Your eyes need to see into the distance clearly and your instincts will be damned if they let your stubborn ocular behavior ruin that for them. Someone ought to do research on this subject  Smile.

As for floating specks, I used to get them all the time, and they lasted for a while after I stopped wearing glasses. The last prescription I had was definitely too strong for me, so maybe that had something to do with it.
I've had a floater that reappears sometimes. But it's far enough in my periphery that it's never been a problem, so I don't really pay attention to it. I've never heard of the sparkling white dots. But some things like that where people experience the same kind of thing they'll describe in a dozen different ways and not realize that they're all talking about the same thing. So maybe me or someone else reading this has had them temporarily and just doesn't recognize your description.

Seeing a perfect black with your eyes closed and covered just means no longer imagining what isn't there on the inside of your eyelids anyway. I take the approach of seeing "nothing at all," which Bates also described it as. I routinely do it while palming and glance at my exterior visual field (which is covered) and notice perfect blackness. When you visualize, it's in a completely different place. So really the idea is to not try to force the inside of your eyelids to be perfectly black, but visualize deeper in your mind, away from that concern, and your anxiety creating the illusion of blotchiness and static on the inside of your eyelids will no longer be there.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
HARD BLINKING!! me too.....please clarify this someone! lol....

If i dont blink hard...i get tensed up and hard blinking actually relaxes me and gives me flashes.  Strain or relaxation is this?  How to relax from hard blinking if it is a strain?
Hard blinking puts pressure on the eye that temporarily changes the optical properties, reshaping the cornea or something, but the eyes are resilient and bounce back in a few seconds.

It might feel good, like a massage to your eyes, but it's a bad habit to get into. It's a way of trying to beat your eyes into submission, which never works in the long term. The idea is to stop the pressure and tension that you're already applying to your eyes - they need less, not more.

It's like a farmer buying bad meat from a butcher, and beating the butcher for it, when the butcher got the bad meat from the sick cow that came from the farmer.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Well...i dont squeeze them hard that way.....but i sort of snap my eyes open every time i blink...and when i open my eyes slower, my vision is worsened.
Well Thank you all for your response.

I noticed yesterday that when I sprint continuously on the bicycle and add some swing to it, my eye really feel relaxed and vision improvement is noticable.
Most of the time I look at the distance and the distance gets sharper and sharper.

For the white sparkling dots, I see them when my eyes are closed and even when my eyes are open when looking at blank surfaces or to the sky.
I wonder if they'll go if I palm more, and the blackness comes to my field of vision, the sparkling dots would disappear. I actually can not see a uniform white surface as I cannot see a uniform black when I close my eyes. I even cannot see a uniform blue sky; Some bright boiling things appear which are annoying.

One thing to mention that when I relax and look at something at the distance my eyes begin itching and watery while they try to focus, and when I blink afterwards the distance seems to get more clear, and sometimes clear flashes happen too.

I have a friend of mine which the doctors prescribed him -1.5 diopter glasses but he refused to wear them. I told him you were very wise not to wear them, and he answered that the glasses did hurt his ears, that's why he did not wear them.
Well, one day he came to my room which I have hung an E Chart, he could read the 9/10 line from 7 meters, which I suppose his vision has improved alot naturally without knowing about Dr. Bates' methods.
Sometimes I feel bad about what an obeying child I was when the doctors prescribed me glasses, which I took their word seriously: "If you refuse wearing the glasses your vision will get poorer".

Now I prefer my blury vision over the glasses which are indeed a torture to the eye.
The hard blinking is actually a yoga exercise, and I prefer to do it sometimes.

Does anybody see the things which appear on the black field of vision while looking at a bright surface, or the bright sky for example?
Elias,

I even more strongly suspect now that you're experiencing the normal static (like TV static) that people with strained eyes often see. It's just that you're seeing it more strongly than many people. I of course can't diagnose you, but that's my bet. And as you've already taken note, they appear when your eyes are closed too, indicating that it has nothing to do with your vision, because in darkness your retina has no input, and anything you seem to see is only a product of your mind.

When you describe it as boiling, I think of boiling water and imagine that your vision looks like fairly large bubbles popping all over the place and steam rising out, just like boiling water, but I don't think that's the imagery you intended, is it?

Dave
Site Administrator

Thank you Dave,

I think that it is so. I see tiny blinking white dots, when my eyes are open or closed, I think that it is related to eye strain and I tend to solve the problem.
I sometimes wonder if it is an organic problem. I don't know really.
Any further advice is welcome, as I know you have extensive experience in this case.
And yes I forgot to tell,
Yes it really looks like TV static salt and pepper noise.
I sometimes feel that somehow my vision has got out of tune.
I think i understand what you are trying to say as i see some of them as well at the bright clouds or the white walls in my house...but they're not as serious as they're there when i have my eyes closed.
I want to add something to the floater problem, maybe it'll be some use to others who have the same problem. I tried to come to a conclusion based on my findings from various sources and facts on the Internet:
  • Floaters are actually floating jellylike substances inside the eye.

• They appear worse if one feels tired.
  • They become worse if one thinks about them and even tries to look at them or chase them around the room!
  • They are seen sometimes by most of the people.
  • They are usually worse in people who have other vision problems, which normally strain to see.
  • They are seen when one suffers from sinusitis, which causes even the mind to work improperly. Sinusitis sometimes even puts pressure to the eye. It is claimed that they decrease when one solves the sinusitis problem.
  • One sees them much less when learns to ignore them.
  • The floaters are not normally seen, as they exist in everyone's eye. They appear when one strains. It was claimed by Dr Bates, that various cases were cured.
  • There is a YAG Laser treatment for it, which causes the floaters to increase sometimes.
  • Kombucha is known to improve eyesight and decrease the number of floaters.
  • They seem more when one is under somekind of stress, like an examination for example.
  • When one sees them for the first time they increase gradually as one thinks of them and thinks of how bad and frustrating they are.
  • Some kinds of floaters are treated by using hyaluronic acid, which is reported to be successful. [/list:u]

Conclusions:
    Everyone has floaters in their eyes, but they simply don't see them, and their mind knows how to ignore them. Floaters definitely go away when one does not look at them or pay attention to them, no matter what the cause of it is. Maybe the mind relaxes, or they go out of one's field of vision, because of not looking at them. I am now quite sure that the worst  part of the floater problem is when one strains. Maybe a floater which is a bit big, and have appeared by the cause of some accident or so, bothers someone. This will cause the other floaters to get more visible, as one gets more frustrated. Getting depressed of floaters definitely increases them.
    I think that the most effective method for dealing with the floater problem is Dr Bates' method. The normal doctors say that one should ignore them, but don't tell us how to do that. Dr Bates does! I definitely think that if one cures his/her vision problems (all of them), they will gradually disappear. I normally notice them more when I am tired, or am under somekind of stress.
    And also I must add that sinusitis or any disease which causes one to get out of relaxation may cause the floaters to be seen. One should cure those problems too. Sinusitis may increase the number of floaters, but it also causes discomfort in the mind.
    I hope that this information comes to the floater sufferers' use, who are so many. I will update if I come up to anything new.

Take care,  Wink
Dear floater sufferers,

The cure of the floater is just retaining CENTRAL FIXATION as told by Bates.
When one sees best at the fovea, the floaters are never seen.

Everyone has eye floaters, but they never see it, they see it when they strain and lose their central fixation. Me for instance, I am able to make them fade out simply by central fixation.

Hope this helps those floater sufferers on the net which are searching for a problem already solved very easily, not by laser surgery but by relearning not to see them by using central fixation. I think that those floater sufferers are actually having real mental problems instead of only floaters. They test various drugs and food to solve a problem which is brought by a problem in the mind!?
just a quick thought about the clear flashes after long rides or long runs....

perhaps this is a side effect of the increased oxygen intake one experiences in anaerobic exercise?

just a thought... more oxygen, more circulation, more clarity....

eh... what do i know?

be well.
jiminos,.

perhaps.
It also goes for long walks... 
Most of the summer, I've spent indoors -where there's nearly always airconditioning or heating depending on the weather...
But as soon as I'm out of doors 'til I go/come back in, clear flashes come more easily, mostly unaided.

**The last couple times I took walks, I connected clear flashes to Pythagorean theorem [right angle triangle measurements...] - which also makes it more interesting [for me].

When it's sunny - sometimes even better...

jiminos Wrote:just a quick thought about the clear flashes after long rides or long runs....

perhaps this is a side effect of the increased oxygen intake one experiences in anaerobic exercise?

just a thought... more oxygen, more circulation, more clarity....

eh... what do i know?

be well.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now