MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Any cool ideas?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any cool ideas?
Hey all!

Weeell... two years on this board and this is my first time posting.. Smile What to tell you? In a nutshell, I went about on this world blind for almost 3 years now, I believe. Meaning I got rid of my glasses and haven't put them on since. I now have dioptry around -2.50 on both eyes (I'm nearsighted). Thing is, when I was in high school I found ways to get by without glasses, it took a lot of effort, but it was worth it. I got trough high school without losing much. Now, the stakes are higher. . I'm 20 and with 1. October I started attending freshmen year at my university and I feel kind of lost. I moved to a new city, which I can manage, but there's a high probability I won't make it to second grade, because I won't wear my glasses. Without the glasses, I can't see on the board from the first row. There's also this thing, where I'm almost certain I won't put on my glasses again. Now, does anyone have a magic key to solve all this? Big Grin Tongue
Have you been doing anything actively to let go of your eye straining habit? If so, what? If we don't know what you are doing, it's hard to give advice. In my opinion, it is better to be daily using Bates techniques and occasionally throwing on a reduced pair lenses to see the blackboard(sit in the front row so it isn't always necessary) than just going around without your glasses and not fully challenging your blurry vision. At -2.5 the discarding of ones glasses alone will not ensure restored vision. Of course, I don't know if that advice pertains to you. Tongue Big Grin
Hi T,

Personally speaking, if you can go without them go without them, if not, then wear them. I think it's alright to wear them when absolutely necessary especially if it will save you any future anxiety.
Hello -- I think your best alternative is pinhole glasses. Because pinhole glasses are not lenses, they enable vision correction without the eyestrain caused by all lens glasses. Pinhole glasses work for both the farsighted and near-sighted, clearing blurry vision in all but the most extreme (high-diopter correction) cases. No prescription is required. You can obtain pinhole glasses from the Bates Store on this site or through Amazon.
This is quite a predicament. I don't really see myself wearing glasses or contacts again even though I probably should, because of school and such. Still, I can't help it. Tongue Indeed... Crazy ??? ;D

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now