MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Eyecharts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eyecharts
Hi everyone!
I am trying to find out how to make eyecharts with Microsoft word (or other software.)
I want to post them free on http://cleareyesight.info.
For now I am making letters the best size as is possible and letting readers print and copy/adjust to correct size.
As otis said previously; copy; enlarge/reduce whole chart to make 20/20 line correct and all other letters will be correct size.
This is good but I want to eliminate this work so the reader can just print a chart correct size, no copying...

Where do i find on the menu bar...in Word, how to make a specific letter size in for each line of the snellen chart?
I want the size to list in inches, Example; 20/20 line letter - 3/8 inch high, 20/200 line letter - 3 1/2 inch high.
I can only find a menu that lists letter sizes in number form; 1,2,3,4,5,6 ect...
Only idea I have is to type, print at 100% a letter, then measure it and repeat this for one letter on each line on the chart as needed til the letters come out the correct size.
Dear Clark,

Neet idea.

But the charts here are very accurate.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.i-see.org/eyecharts.html">http://www.i-see.org/eyecharts.html</a><!-- m -->

I have passed the "projected" chart in the ophthamologist's office, at 20/20,
and these charts work fine.

However, it would be nice if you could create some charts for i-blindness.

The letters must be "block", that is that the size of the "black" must have the same "width"
of the light. That was the standard that Snellen used.

If you could, then post the results and we can down-load them a check.

Best,

Otis
There's a chart for this at the bottom of this page: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.i-see.org/eyecharts.html">http://www.i-see.org/eyecharts.html</a><!-- m --> Smile
Thanks.
I will check it out.
I have some charts I found on line and some home made ones in Word and Adobe for free download.
Am tracing over a original Snellen chart in digital image, then put in word, then to Adobe and will upload, also keeping them on the web page for direct click/save the picture so it can be resized.
You can post them here if you want and provide suggestions for improvement.
Also making a E pothooks, illerate chart in word.
I assume the letter size is same as the Snellen Chart?
Measuring the letters at 100% on computer screen is almost accurate.
A Picture chart showning different Bates activities would be fun - picture of a person sunning, shifting symbol, central fixation symbol, picture person doing long swing, using the memory, imagination while palming, deep relaxation...
Otis
I have a Snellen almost done, needs more digital imaging, refinement of pixels on edges of letters.
I will post it now so you can check it but I dont know how to post pictures on this site.
I scanned a old original snellen and blackened it in with microsoft digital image.
I takes 3 landscape pages to print the chart.
I wonder if enlarging the pictures to print this correct will dull the blackness, sharpness.
If it does i will have to just place them in Adobe.

Clark
Dear Clark,

Subject: Snellen Verfication.

The letters should be "crisp" black and white.

I also suggest simple checking for size. Thus the
person should measure the 20/60 letters. They
must be 1 inch high, and the distance must be 20 feet exactly.

I also suggest that you use a 75 to 100 watt bulb to illuminate
the chart -- to duplicate office conditions.

A poorly lit chart will not give you an accurate measurement.

Best,

Otis
Thank you.
How do I post them as picture on here?

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now