MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
my eyes cross when palming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my eyes cross when palming
i always feel my eye balls are cross-eyed while my upper eye lids relaxed, which is when i close and blink them, but im not cross-eyed because its normal when my eyes are open. so when i palm, my eyes cross each other and unpleasant feeliing persist just like when i try to sleep.
so often its hard for me to believe i could do something that i never could do with the enormous desire and tries of decades just by covering my eyes with hands..
any tip with palming for my case?

palming that i know is to relax with eyes covered with hands with little access of light
and, except covering the eye, this is what we all try to do for our entire lifes with naping and sleeping because everyone wants to be relaxed on bed.
how are palming and taking a nap differnt?
Do you relax and think pleasant thoughts while palming?
If you worry, think negative thoughts; the mind, eyes will strain.
Are your elbows supported on a pillow so the arms, neck, head are tension free?
Read the examples for palming in Stories from the Clinic at www.central-fixation.com
You can type in word search - palming... to locate specific stories.
There are some mispelled words in this copy but if you need to know a word you can ask on this forum or email me.
There is one story that tells how a girl became more tense when palming, palming did not work for her.
The long and short swing (rock/sway, shifting, seeing oppositional movement) did work and her vision became clear.
http://www.cleareyesight.info has a chapter (23) on palming and a color chart for relaxing into alpha, theta, delta brain wave states.
Most people benefit from palming when done correct but if you dont like it, there are many other ways to obtain relaxation of mind, body and eyes.
Palming relaxes the eye muscles.
Maybe your eyes turn in because only some muscles are relaxing at first.
With practice, all muscles will relax.
Sounds like the recti muscles on the inner side of the eyes (nose side) may be tense, pulling the eyes inward as the other muscles relax.
These may be the last muscles to completely relax as Bates method is continued, then the eyes wont turn crossed when palming and the vision will be clear.
When I palm my eyes move around as I think nothing or think positive thoughts, let the mind drift, imagine clear images of pleasant objects, scenes.
Sometimes as my eyes begin to relax, they move up and back and forth, down...
It feels good, i can feel tension releasing in my eyes and forehead.
Relaxation travels into my neck, shoulders.
Without effort my mind automatically moves away from the everyday world and begins thinking wonderful thoughts, ansewers to problems i have been working on for days, weeks suddenly come to mind.
David said palming is a form of meditation.
Meditation activates the full power of the brain, sprit.
A famous scientist, Emerson? Einstine? took cat naps. When he awoke, the solution to a formula, project came to his mind.
If vision is clearer/clear when you open your eyes, palming is occuring correct, returning the eyes, visual system to normal function.
Same here. Or more specifically when I close my eyes and relax in general. Also sometimes when I space out 'Myope-style', I start staring crosseyedly into nothingness. I noticed that this phenomenon is lessened degree during periods when I do not use glasses at all.

Clarknight covers most of the ideas I thought of myself. Although I wonder if one could have the similar experience with strained superior oblique muscles.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download