MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
why does it feel like my eyes are straing when i do sunning?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why does it feel like my eyes are straing when i do sunning?
hey guys, today was my firssecond day of sunning and after about 10 mins i relised that my eyes where feeling very discomfort as if they were straining, is that strain being relised or im straining my eyes which is the whole point of this exxercise and that is why i have to palm directly afterwards? please tell me if you notice discomfort while palming below Smile, thanks in advance..
More than likely the strain you feel is the chronic strain that you have had for a while and have not noticed. Try not to focus on the strain and instead imagine something nice. If you can relax yourself enough, you will find that the strain is replaced by a nice, warm feeling. Palming in between palming stints has also been said to be useful for some people, so if that helps you, go for it.
How do you exactly do your sunning exercise? 10 minutes sounds a bit too long to me. I mean I usually tell people to not be afraid of the sun, but there are some specific rules. For example, the head must always be moving, so the sun is swinging from side to side and the pupils should be protected for the most part, so that the heat doesn't have a chance to accumulate and cause damage. I don't actually know if we can get damage from the sun, some think that this whole UV damage from the sun is overblown for the benefit of sunscreen and sunglasses manufacturers. I don't know, I do sun my eyes with closed eyelids, head moving and if my eyes are open, I won't look directly at it for more than a fraction of a second. Also only for 100 swings at a time or so.
What Pikachu says is true though, it is impossible to look at the sun or any bright light while straining without considerable pain. So if you have been straining your eyes all day or all night, whatever the case may be, you will find that out as soon as you begin the sunning exercise.
When I started the BAtes method, was summer time and I had to drive home from work with the setting sun in my eyes. It was very important to me to rest my eyes before I began my drive and get used to the sun by swinging it with closed eyes. By the end of the summer, I was a pro at driving with the sun in my eyes, when other drivers got blinded, I could function totally fine without sunglasses. ;D
By sunning you would mean looking at Sun eyes closed. I look at the Sun eyes open, & not once have I sustained permanent damage. I just looked at the Sun right this moment of writing & I'm still typing with scotomata in the center field of my vision which disappeared just after 4 seconds.

Quote:it is impossible to look at the sun or any bright light while straining without considerable pain

Not really true.
Looking at the Sun invokes the protection mechanism in the eyes/mind - scotomata. Pain is not necessarily significant (or even noticeable, if at all).

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now