MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Swinging and centralization

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swinging and centralization
I practice the sway (short swing) and long swing twice a day. I notice the oppositional movement, but if I smoothly move my eyes, it looks impossible to centralize well, because if I try to centralize, I lock on to one point too much, and I'm not moving my eyes smoothly anymore :-\. Where to look at (and centralize) while practising the swing?? Maybe y centralization is still too slow to constantly move and centralize well.? I would love to hear about your toughts on my problem.

Merry Christmas everyone Wink.
Timmyboy
Timmyboy,

That's okay, just keep the movement going. It's too much to try to take on seeing with central fixation while doing the long swing. You might fall into doing so, but it's too much to actively think about at once.

When you're not practicing the long swing, your movement doesn't need to be smooth. In fact it shouldn't be. In fact you shouldn't be thinking about how smooth you're able to make your eye movements at all. Focus instead of seeing things moving, and continually think of the idea that you can only see best where you're looking. Locking onto something takes time, and if you continually regard  another detail when you look at something, you avoid locking.

On that note, even while doing the long swing your movements shouldn't necessarily be very smooth, just as long as you keep moving. The point of it is to change your world into something that moves naturally in the flow of life, including your perceptions and yourself, so that you can't get stuck the rut of a stare.

I don't like the word "centralize" a whole lot, because as a verb it suggests that it's a task that you can actively do. So like many people I prefer the term central fixation, which is a state instead of an action. The secret (or not so secret) to seeing best where you're looking is to keep changing where you're looking. Otherwise you're like that musician who only plays one note because he thinks he's found the perfect note, and ends up making no music at all.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Dave,

Thanks for the response, I think you're right about that moving smoothly isn't necessary. Thomas Quackenbush also tells to shift (sketch) you're eyes and not let them flow. I meant central fixation, but it's longer to write ;D. In the beginning central fixation was very difficult, for I needed more than a second to really focus on one point, so it seemed like I was staring. Now it's going better, although I haven't got much improvement. Only after palming and when I wake up, then I see better, but not for long. First it was ten seconds, now it's about thirty second, so I think that's a good sign. I read the Snellen many times a day, every time I pass it. I read it from about  10feet. I'm able to read the 20/50 line without effort with both eyes. The 20/40 line is a blur, but when I've palmed or when I'm relaxed I can read it. So my vision is 20/100to20/80, for I read it from ten feet. (I haven't got more place to read it from 20feet.)

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now