MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Re: Bates Method on Youtube

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Bates Method on Youtube
Hiya guys,

just wanted to let you know about a Video on Youtube posted by Greg Marsh, it's an introduction about the Bates Method:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4BDvF1K85w">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4BDvF1K85w</a><!-- m -->

Take care,
Anne
Anne, the cherryredcutie,

Thanks for posting this link.

Interesting, my computer volume was muted when I clicked on this link. I found myself watching how much his eyes moved. Then when he put on his thick old glasses, his eyes "froze."

It brought home for me the way nothing else has how little those of us with severe myopia move our eyes. Mine are just beginning to lose their stiffness and move around a bit more naturally. It feels good! Have others of you felt this change?

Anne, the silverlady
I had never heard about Bates Method until I saw the Marsh video in a mercola.com newsletter. The Marsh presentation was intriguing but I was skeptical about shelling out the “just� $149 as advertised. Mr. Marsh claims to have already sold 2000 copies at $379, i.e., he has already made $758,000 re-packaging the Bates Method.

I can understand how someone would want to earn a living as a Bates Method teacher. On the other hand, Mr. Marsh is making himself a millionaire by marketing the scientific achievement and life’s work of Dr. Bates, who cured the vision of thousands of patients whom he treated for FREE, while knee-jerk crediting Dr. Bates only in passing.  And, Marsh's ad says that his “Bates Method approach is interwoven with his own holistic-centered background.� He does offer Dr. Bates’ book already in the public-domain on the internet as a “bonus� if you are willing to spend $149.

I google-searched “Bates� and found iblindness.org and central-fixation.com. I already had everything I need -- my own eyes -- to practice straight-up original unadulterated Bates Method for free. And iblindness.org comes with the “bonus� of a supportive community that includes people who inform and assist everyone with the same generosity of spirit that was the hallmark of Dr. Bates’ own practice.

As Otis would say, “just one (wo)man’s opinion�. In this case, Catherine’s.
I wish they had more videos than that. Hopefully you don't have to be like him after curing bad eyesight with his type of blinking and eye behavior...  :-\
Mzero Wrote:I wish they had more videos than that. Hopefully you don't have to be like him after curing bad eyesight with his type of blinking and eye behavior...  :-\

I kind of agree, I think he blinks a little too much.  Tongue
Have you seen this video?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=TZC1g8hG9p4">http://youtube.com/watch?v=TZC1g8hG9p4</a><!-- m -->

Totally hilarious and weird! I don't have a clue what that language is, though.

Big Grin
Kazekage Wrote:Have you seen this video?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=TZC1g8hG9p4">http://youtube.com/watch?v=TZC1g8hG9p4</a><!-- m -->

Totally hilarious and weird! I don't have a clue what that language is, though.

Big Grin

WHOA LOL was cool! Big Grin I heard them say "Dr. Bates." I don't know what the language is either...but it's good to know that the Bates method is widely known!
Also Kaze, what did you think of Greg Marsh's eye habits? I didn't think they were too awkward, but I think he blinked a little more than some people with normal vision. But still, I've seen people with normal vision blink a lot while talking.
cherryredcutie Wrote:Hiya guys,

just wanted to let you know about a Video on Youtube posted by Greg Marsh, it's an introduction about the Bates Method:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4BDvF1K85w">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4BDvF1K85w</a><!-- m -->

Take care,
Anne

That guy looks stoned!  He blinks to f*@kin much and he looks kind of like a goldfish.
Blinking the right way is not an easy thing if youre not doing it right to start with. It has to be quick and easy.

What this guy is doing is making it slowly and creepy since it might seem difficult to obtain a slowly yet relaxed type of blinking.

I'm still waiting on a thread or method of the month/week on that topic. I think there is a lot to do wrong.
Yo,

I would not make fun of Greg Marsh, who recovered his vision, if I were you. I watched his video again, and I do not think he “blinks too much,� but rather that he blinks as a person with normal eyesight. Just because there’s a cultural  prejudice against blinking is not going to stop me from relearning how to blink naturally because I want to recover my normal vision, too.

In his short, choppily cut video ad, Mr. Marsh make more references to Dr. Bates than he does in his webpage advertisement. However, I think he does not explain the Bates theory of vision very well. I would have to buy his CDs, which I am not buying, and be better qualified than Mr. Marsh, which I am not, before I would attempt to critique his presentation of  Bates Method.

Mr. Marsh’s ad and video has probably turned on to Bates Method a lot of people like me who don’t buy his product. I never would have searched for and found freely available and authentic Bates Method resources if I had not happened to stumble on Greg Marsh’s ad and video. I just think he charges too much for his CDs. To attack him because “blinks too much� is just a stupid thing to say about the man. Maybe you should ask Santa Claus for the set of Marsh CDs for Christmas.

By the way, the other linked video in this topic is Hungarian.

Cheers, Catherine
He didn't seem to blink too much to me, his eyes do seem to bulge, though.  I wonder if that is because he has his eyes relaxed and open wide.  When we strain, we squint.  In one exercise  I read to improve vision, you look at newspaper print, cut out and glued onto a black square.  You move the print away from you until it gets blurry, close your eyes, relax them, then open them wide.  You should be able to progressively move the paper further and further away.  When you can read at arms lenght, put on reading glasses.  Once you get to the strongest strength of reading glasses and can read it at arms lenght, you should have 1=20/20.  I haven't actually tried it, takes too much time. At least 15-20 minutes three times a day.  I prefer going for a walk and relaxing my eyes that way.
One trend I have noticed of those who attend this board, we all like to go for a walk and tend to practice whole-body relaxation.  Interesting.
more on Bates, Palming and Swinging:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i8L91_UxBI">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i8L91_UxBI</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD_IxmMIPhE">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD_IxmMIPhE</a><!-- m -->
Ha, I was quite horrified in fact when I first watched those videos. They are an absolute joke performed by a tired and depressed looking woman who knows essentially nothing of rest, relaxation and of comfort, or of the rest methods. The way she swings is just wrong in every way imaginable. I doubt even that she has attained much benefit, from the way she uses her eyes. Bates said we should remember rest, relaxation and comfort incessantly all day long until one is cured! How can a person expect to make progress in the stiff and uncomfortable way this woman behaves.

Look at the way she stares and fixates without natural shifting, it's quite jerky the way she does it. And the real irony here is that she has great black edemas underneath her eyes - this is a very telling sign that she hasn't learnt to rest or to see effortlessly.

What's more crazy is that she does these strange exercises, I think they are called 'clock rotation'. These is just downright plain stupidity; what is this woman doing and wasting her time with; I am made nauseous when I came across that part in the recording.

No doubt this woman is able to talk plenty of the Bates method; describe what it's about for a very long time and blather on about it, but it seems to me she has not yet taken in a single word of what Bates was actually talking about. If I were to be very harsh I can only describe her as a pitiful failure of failures.

These videos is beneficial to those who watch it; not because we can follow in her tracks but because we can learn to not do what she is doing! Big Grin Actually it made me start to strain just LOOKING at that old woman's face constantly staring and with effort. Imperfect sight is contagious; and watching this video has made me understand more of why this statement is so. We imitate the actions and behaviour of those around us, whether knowingly or unknowingly.

By the way, the first posted video performed by the man who tells us about the Bates system which he himself doesn't understand a strand of, now that one is also very wrong! The way he blinks is totally unnatural, and even slightly unnerving and scary to see. It looks like the guy was forcing his blinks, not the correct way at all. I have heard that this sort of blinking is really frequently found and associated with those who have undergone the destructive laser surgery treatment. Probably this man is one of such people; but now claims he is 'cured'!

We can learn much from their failure.

Kaze
lol, oh the swift tongue of Kaze.  Big Grin 

I see exactly what you mean, very observant.

Paul

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download