MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Girlfriend's sight gets worser.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girlfriend's sight gets worser.
Hi, I'm back again, my vision has stabilized around 20/70. But that's because I'm not really putting everything in it :-[. Its my own fault, but I know I can do it.
But I'm ok, my girlfriend's eyesight got worse, -0.50 in left and -0.75 in right. I said: Oh, let me help you, maybe I can cure you.  But she just said she was getting glasses and now she has her pair of glasses. (Oh, I hate them so much!) She doesn't listen to me if I start talking about curing her, she always takes another topic to talk about. I really love her, I can't look at her worsening her eyesight, but she doesn't listen to me and doesn't believe me I think.
I can't handle it! :-[
Dear Timmy Boy,

Subject: You can never help a person -- until that person
decides to help him/her self.

I encounter this many times.  Just let her go.

Just clear your Snellen back to normal and keep
it there.

Maybe AFTER you get there -- she might listen.

Otis
Is vision clearing important to her? 
I know many people who are content wearing glasses and they don't really care for natural vision improvement.  Or does she want to improve and just skeptical?

Paul
Hi there,

I very much empathize with your grevious position here. You are correct in your thinking and concerns, that once the glasses are worn then the cure becomes increasingly difficult, in ratio to the length of time they are worn. However of course by no means would this mean that she will become incurable; only that there is more hard work (in the majority of cases) to be done when she does decide to cure her eyes.

But also I would agree with the other poster here, you should first cure your own eyesight, and then perhaps she will become a little less hostile to the method, and will try and see for herself what miracles it will work for her. Or, it may be that she will be interested if you read to your girlfriend a few stories from the book 'Stories from the Clinic', I think she will enjoy them very much and will find herself increasingly motivated the more stories you read. Eventually she will give in to the Light Side of the Force!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.central-fixation.com/stories.htm">http://www.central-fixation.com/stories.htm</a><!-- m -->

So of course you should think of various ways to motivate her into this, without ever becoming forceful or she will resent you. It may well be a very sensitive topic, and that is why she does not take to it very kindly and wishes to change the subject each time it is brought into conversation. It would be advisable may be to wait a while, do not mention the topic of 'Bates method' for a while, and to stop speaking of it while she considers things. Maybe she is thinking about it, but does not want to reveal any interest in it to you at this moment. So give it a rest. Or it could be so, that she is just getting her head around the fact that she will have to wear eyeglasses for the rest of her life. This is a daunting thing for everyone, remember. I know the first time I was told I would have to wear glasses, I was very shocked and appauled at it. I very much disliked the glasses. So just give her some time, a little period of adjustments and comprehension.

Another pathway, although I would not really advice very much this, is; you could always just scare her a tiny bit here and there. I mean tell her all the horrors of glasses, how they will destroy her eyes, and things of this type. Okay just joking!

At the very least, you could persuade her just not to wear the glasses for a while, or to not wear them at all for a while and just read the snellen chart every day for one week and see what happens. I will bet that her eyesight will be very much improved, if she is to read the snellen each day, once with each eye. This will only take a few seconds and there is no good reason for her not to oblige. When, by the end of the week, she has seen the very nice improvements, then she will be very much convinced I think.

In the end it is for her to decide and not you to coerce her in a bad manner.

And you never know here, maybe she is seriously thinking it over in her mind. Or when she goes home she does some research about it on the internet, see things over for herself. She might even find this forum, lol. Your efforts may not be in such vain attempt as you believe they are being.

The very very best of luck to you,

Kaze
You know, one of the main rules I've come to live by has become: Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

It's from a strange source, but still very profound advice. Here's how it applies. If your gf ever complains about tired eyes or not being able to see, then you can lay it on her, because she has no room to complain if she isn't going to do anything about it. If, however, she doesn't complain, and she isn't interested, then you need to decide whether it's worth it to you to subject yourself to her without voicing fault.

David
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Thanks for the replys!
@Otis: I think you're right here, I don't want to force her to anything, but it's hard for me to see how she's making the biggest mistake in her life.

@Paul: I think she ins't really interested in this, so I can't help her. Her parents both have glasses so she just follows them with her eyes closed.

@Kazekage: Thanks for understanding me, but I'm affraid I'll have to let her do. I still love her with or without glasses (that would be idiot to drop her for that), but it's just because I love her that I want to help her.

@Dave: Yeah, you're right, but the first thing to do is clear my own vision, although my lack of discipline has cost me many precious time Sad.

She sais she only needs her glasses to read the blackbord at school and  for the smallest subtitles on tv. But she has -0.50 in her best eye and I can read 20/70 with both eyes (don't know how much diopters that are, anyone??), that means she has better vision than I, but I'm able to read the blackbord at school and she isn't :-\.

I've read the original book twice and understand the principles, but I need to practice the habits consciously all the time and that's where it goes wrong. after a couple of minutes I just forget and a minute later I catch myself staring. So forgetting about my eyes ins't a good option because then I forget the correct habits. I'm trying something new now, I don't know where I read it, but I draw something on my hand and each time i see it, it remembers me of the good habits. It works pretty wel Smile
I'm reading the magazines now, the only way for me is reading about the subject, so it's easier to think about it.

Sorry for the long post,
Grtz.
Hi,

Quote:I'm reading the magazines

Nice! That's the best way to go, trust me.

You will learn a lot from the magazines if you keep reading them.

I understand about you not dropping her because she wears glasses LOL, of course I was never trying to imply anything like that. Just that you will be able to persuade her in a few different ways.
or you could tell her that glasses will slowly evolve into a monster an eat her.  It worked on my little sister  Big Grin Not anymore though, she is a bit bigger now.

Paul
Dear Timmy,

Subject: Some suggestions.

Re:  Snellen to "prescription" conversion.  (Not perfect -- but
an estimate).

Quote:She says she only needs her glasses to read the blackboard at school and  for the smallest subtitles on tv.

But she has -0.50 in her best eye and

Otis> The majority-opinion ODs believe in making your
vision very, very sharp.  Thus your girl might have 20/25
if she read a Snellen.  The -1/2 diopter is almost
a "nothing" prescription -- but is always impressive.
At least suggest that:

1. She NOT wear the -1/2 except for driving a car and

2.  Read the Snellen and find out exactly what it is.

3.  Then she can decide what she might wish to do
about it -- with no arm-twisting from you.

Quote:I can read 20/70 with both eyes (don't know how much diopters that are, anyone??),

Otis> Depending on the OD, that could be from -1.5 to -2.5 diopters.
Your girl's vision is far sharper than yours.  So if you
demonstrate to yourself that you clear to 20/40 or better,
that would be very impressive to you -- and maybe
your girl friend.

Quote:that means she has better vision than I, but I'm able to read the blackboard at school and she isn't .

Otis> I think your girl is impressed by that minus.  (It is
superficial -- but it "works".  Have her read the Snellen.
I would bet that she passes the DMV line of
20/40, and perhaps 20/30 or 20/25.

Otis
Thanks again!

I'm letting it rest for a while. I've never seen her with glasses yet, so she only uses them at school I think. She said she dind't like her new look with glasses, but even then she never mentioned natural vision improvement. She's only sixteen yeras old so she doesn't drive a car, I'm almost 16, so she' only a few months older than me.

First I'll have to clear my own vision, I'm almost constantly moving my eyes, but after a while they get tired and my teachers don't really like it when I palm during their classes Tongue. Is it normal my eyes get tired easier after consciously moving my eyes for an hour or so. But after 5minutes of palming they feel relaxed again and I'm on it for one more hour. Is this a good way or do I move them in a wrong way? The most difficult for me is central fixation, the best way to solve it I could think of was just moving my eyes a little bit, not more than an inch, is this good or is there a better way?

In school my neck muscles tighten and I get headaches after a while :-\. My chemics teacher (wears glasses her own) wants us to look at her and not through the window, which is a strain on my neck. Maybe I can try to move my neck just the little bit?

Maybe you've noticed I'm letting my girlfriend do untill I've cleared my own vision. This year I'm at the front of most classes, so I don't have to use hard blinks. They are the biggest trap there is for your vision!!! I used to do it in emergencies, but after a while I was consciously relying on them, that stopped my improvement immediatly.

Grtz.
timmyboy Wrote:She sais she only needs her glasses to read the blackbord at school and  for the smallest subtitles on tv. But she has -0.50 in her best eye and I can read 20/70 with both eyes (don't know how much diopters that are, anyone??), that means she has better vision than I, but I'm able to read the blackbord at school and she isn't :-\.

Hey Timmy,
My prescription was like that (around -0.5); in high school, it might have been worse... even from the front row of desks, I couldn't read the blackboard or overhead 8-S - yet in grade 7 (before I was told I should get glasses [by my English teacher - I sat in the back 8-S]), I had less trouble seeing from the front... but outside of school, at home, with sports, I was ok.
I wonder =D.... do you like school/reading/note-taking better than she does? [- - board work-wise, anyway]

...it's been 3-4 years since I first came across this site, and I still have trouble with the methods 8-S even though I know they work =D - It can be ?intimidating?, I think, like - when you see something that you hope, you think, might work - yet, perhaps you're afraid that you'll end up disappointed, and run back to what's familiar/what you're used to/what you've been taught - and general society would tell you that that is the way to go and think you're ridiculous for wanting to try something different [no idea if that makes complete sense 8-S, but it's not the easiest thing to keep up practicing or whatever, when you've got none, or negative support]

**It's just not very practical or convenient either to go to school and not be able to take proper notes because one can't see the board 8-S

~~Louise
Hi, Never mind about this topic.
Yesterday, she broke up with me :'(, so I don't care about her vision anymore. For my part she gets -20 in both eyes, but I won't help her anymore. The good thing is that I'm less stressed since I don't care about her vision anymore. I'm still working on my own vision, which is the only counting thing at the moment. Why she broke up? I don't know, "her feelings for me just disappeared". But anyway, thanks for the help.
Grtz.
Hey Timmy,

Sorry to hear about the two of you splitting up. Try to devote your time and effort to curing your own eyes now instead. I wish you all the best of luck.

Groetjes van een andere Belg op dit forum (*),
Rust

(*)Greetings from another Belgian on this forum

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now