MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Criticism about Bates

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Criticism about Bates
Like everyone knows, there's always a lot of criticism about Bates and I'm getting a little frustrated because of this. Why do we always have to deliver "evidence" that this works?? Even if I talk about it to my friends they say: "Hmm, don't think it's possible to improve eyesight...". And when I say: "And what about me then?", they say: "Yes, can be, but still I think that just by doing Bates' method you can't improve eyesight, why are there so many people wearing glasses then?" etc.. Now I have enough of this, people are just robots who believe everything you say to them. Another example: On Youtube, a women called happy hag posts videos about Bates' method (can see for yourself, videos explain the exercises pretty good, I think) and when you read the comments most people are trying to counter Bates with their "scientific evidence".
This was my story, I think I'm not the only one with this "problem".
Greets, Timmy
Dear Timmy,

I asked questions about Bates when I was very young.

So much "trash" was dumped on me about these PREVENTIVE
questions -- that I gave up -- at that time. ???

I strong suggest that anyone interested in PREVENTION read
his own Snellen -- and see what he can do to clear it -- by
YOUR chosen method. (There are basically two preventive
methods that I am aware of.)

In and event, Bates is about self-empowerment. You
have no choice but to figure out how to do it
under YOUR CONTROL.

I only hope you are not "too deep" into it. Bates
is most effective if you Snellen is not below 20/70. Smile

Just my second-opinion,

Otis
My Snellen is around 20/70, 20/80 at the moment. After the exams, I was around 20/100, 20/120, but in the Christmas Holidays I relaxed naturally and got back to my 20/70. I still hope to clear it further and I must commit I'm not very dedicated to it, I don't swing a lot, I do palm often and I always have a reminder to think about shifting and blinking etc.. This works good I think Smile
Yes, criticism is to be expected for anything outside the mainstream.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
I have just begun the Bates Method myself and have also come across criticism. I personally think it's almost impossible to convince people through a discussion that natural methods of health improvement work (including vision, which I was previously unaware!), and it's best to just lead by example. What works best for me is to only discuss things like the Bates Method with people who are supportive and open minded because it can be emotionally and physically draining and discouraging to convince close-minded people. Best to maintain your enthusiasm for improving your eyesight and once your eyes have improved the evidence of your success and those of others speaks for itself!

See my vision blog at: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://sassisailor.wordpress.com/">http://sassisailor.wordpress.com/</a><!-- m -->
sassisailor Wrote:I have just begun the Bates Method myself and have also come across criticism. I personally think it's almost impossible to convince people through a discussion that natural methods of health improvement work (including vision, which I was previously unaware!), and it's best to just lead by example. What works best for me is to only discuss things like the Bates Method with people who are supportive and open minded because it can be emotionally and physically draining and discouraging to convince close-minded people. Best to maintain your enthusiasm for improving your eyesight and once your eyes have improved the evidence of your success and those of others speaks for itself!

See my vision blog at: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://sassisailor.wordpress.com/">http://sassisailor.wordpress.com/</a><!-- m -->

Indeed, reading your blog, it seems that you've been showing considerable signs of improvement early on. No doubt this helps you to confirm your belief in the Bates method.
Dear Urban,

Subject: My criticism of the majority-opinion OD "trashing" Bates, and
everyone who does not "agree".

I support the second-opinion that under good circumstances it is possible
to clear your Snellen from 20/70 to normal (not necessarily restricted
to "Batres")

To encourage a review I posted remarks on sci.med.vision. For
doing that, one majority-opinion OD called me a liar.

If your OD is so full of himself -- in his arrogance -- and calls all
Bates people "liars" then yes we do have a profound problem.

But that "attitude" forces you to think for yourself -- and keep an open mind.

Since I can NEVER trust a person who calls me a "liar" I can no longer
"trust" such people.

This is why I advocate that (with reasonable care) you clear your Snellen
yourself.

So you can look to imagination-blindness to help you with this issue.

If David will allow it -- I will post the remarks of the arrogant OD jerk,
calling Bates people liars.

Best,

Otis

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now