MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
The Irony - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
The Irony - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Irony (/showthread.php?tid=1434)

Pages: 1 2

Re: The Irony - Summer - 03-31-2010

Ah, I see. And since central fixation could potentially 'cure' vision, this can be quite an aide to vision improvement?

Re: The Irony - JMartinC4 - 04-01-2010

I hesitate to say 'cure'. That implies that the kind of magical panoramic vision I get with glasses is what normal 20/20 vision should be like. I don't think so. It's curious - I was addicted to cigarettes for 9 years - a pack a day, more on the weekend - and it took me a full year of constant quitting to finally break that habit for good. But while serving on 2 weeks active military duty surrounded by smokers I realized that I could smoke if I wanted to, and still the habit/addiction was broken. I haven't smoked at all in 25 years now. Similary, lately, I have realized that occasionally putting on my glasses has no ill effects on the control and improvements I have achieved over my natural vision. Smile 8) :-\
Summer Wrote:Ah, I see. And since central fixation could potentially 'cure' vision, this can be quite an aide to vision improvement?

Re: The Irony - Summer - 04-20-2010

That is interesting. I've heard often that ex-smokers cannot stand the smell of smoke. I guess habits are hard wired, but once they are broken, your mind knows you broke it for a reason.

Re: The Irony - JMartinC4 - 04-20-2010

I probably benefitted from a low sense of smell. I had a concussion when I was about 11. And both my parents smoked cigarettes.
But more importantly, when I was born in 1954, within the first hour of my birth, I was taken from my mother (and father and older brother and sister) and a caustic drop of 1% silver nitrate solution was put into one of my eyes (I assume the left, which has always had worse vision), which caused me to squeeze my eyes shut, after which a second drop was forced into my second eye. (Perhaps they waited some few minutes tbefore attacking me again.) Then I was given back to my Mom and Dad who were told simply that 'newborns can't see very well'.
This practice was (and still is, although with less caustic antibiotics) legislatively mandated - the medical people would have been breaking the law if they hadn't put the drops into my eyes.
I only learned this information about two weeks ago. It has blown my mind. And resulted in increasingly better vision and control over clear flashes. See the links in my signature for more information.
We shall know the truth, and the truth shall set us free.
8) :o O0 Wink Smile
Summer Wrote:That is interesting. I've heard often that ex-smokers cannot stand the smell of smoke. I guess habits are hard wired, but once they are broken, your mind knows you broke it for a reason.

Re: The Irony - Mzero - 06-02-2010

I agree with the quote. Eye exercises don't work, eye habits do. ;D