MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
About 'Clear Flashes' - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
About 'Clear Flashes' - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: About 'Clear Flashes' (/showthread.php?tid=1509)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: About 'Clear Flashes' - blauw - 07-25-2010

2xtreme2fit Wrote:
blauw Wrote:What is considered low myopia?
Side Note: Your goal of 20/40,20/30 is disappointing. Subliminally, it is almost harmful - its best to keep your goals 40/20, being satisfied won't help.

Good point!

I will reassess my goals!

blauw

Connection between Vision & the Mind - 2xtreme2fit - 07-26-2010

Understanding the Connection

Memory, Imagination, Vision - the trio work in close alliance, sharing a very electro-organic bond. The bond usually works in two formations :

(1) Loose formation -> This formation is the more common that the tight formation. In this case, both Memory & Imagination are degraded to a tolerable extent if the vision is impaired. When vision is lowered to a great extent especially at an advanced age, memory becomes unreliable and imagination is nearly lost.
Improvement is initially gained easily but becomes difficult after vision has significantly improved since it is easy to lose vision than to re-gain it. Consistency in refreshing memories & utilization of imagination is a MUST.

(2) Tight formation -> A tight formation can be either easy to cure or extremely hard. It depends on the difficulty of impressing upon the person the idea of Central Fixation.
If memory & imagination are insignificantly impaired, it is easy to cure vision defects. Mild dedication is required for an effective cure.
In cases where memory & imagination seem to be impaired greatly, it becomes hard to convince the person of avoiding bad vision habits.
In addition to complete dedication, longer time duration is required to cure vision completely.

* This excerpt is taken from The mind of Mine: Vol. 7 Revised Edition with permission from 2xtreme2fit Publications Ltd.

Eliminating Double Vision - 2xtreme2fit - 07-30-2010

Double images can be eliminated from the vision as soon as it can be eliminated from the mind. Imagining the following sequence helped me :-
-> Reference any small part of an object seen with double images
-> Imagine the object with the double image (closed eyes) precisely as it is seen
-> Imagine the double image & the actual object to collide violently with each other exactly in the center of your field of vision
-> Imagine the collision to create one single perfectly clear detailed object you referenced & immediately open your eyes
-> If done correctly which is likely in 1 out of 3 times initially, double vision is eliminated temporarily & slowly becomes permanent

* The faster this can be imagined, the more are the chances of obtaining completely clear double-image-free vision
** The whole sequence should be imagined like an animated movie - in highly fluid motion along with extreme details.

My Personal Horn of Dilemma - 2xtreme2fit - 09-26-2010

I've been studying at the University for the past 2 months & I noticed something very intriguing while I was attending classes.
I usually sit at the 2nd row but this one time, I was late & I had to sit & the very back (7th or 8th row). Now, half way through the class I realize I'm having double the amount of clear "flashes" than I ever had sitting at the 2nd row. Sure it is encouraging but at the same time, it is confusing for me because I wish to sit at the front for the sake of going easy on my eyes while studying but instead I get abnormally more clear 'Clear Flashes' at the very back.

I want to know if anyone on this forum has recently had an experience similar to mine & what followed after that.

My Personal Horn of Dilemma - 2xtreme2fit - 09-26-2010

I've been studying at the University for the past 2 months & I noticed something very intriguing while I was attending classes.
I usually sit at the 2nd row but this one time, I was late & I had to sit & the very back (7th or 8th row). Now, half way through the class I realize I'm having double the amount of clear "flashes" than I ever had sitting at the 2nd row. Sure it is encouraging but at the same time, it is confusing for me because I wish to sit at the front for the sake of going easy on my eyes while studying but instead I get abnormally more clear 'Clear Flashes' at the very back.

I want to know if anyone on this forum has recently had an experience similar to mine & what followed after that.

Re: About 'Clear Flashes' - Nancy - 09-26-2010

A guess: by sitting close, you're making it too easy on your eyes. You're not "looking for details" as much (see that excellent thread Dave started), so your vision isn't improving. Sitting farther back, you need to look for details in order to see them, so you get flashes which show your vision is alive and dynamic, and getting better. Good for you for keeping the healthy looking habit, and not straining when you sit in the back, which a lot of people would be doing.

Re: About 'Clear Flashes' - JWLBOYCE - 09-28-2010

I keep getting clear flashes just on the odd time - I get loads however after just opening my eyes, for lets say a second or two. Is this classed as a true clear patch? I have noticed after my re-start that I have been able to get a short clear flash by doing this. I always thought it was definitely just a tear on my lens, but I always felt like there wasn't one there. Is this a good sign that I can effectively produce a clear patch like this - it happens sometimes when I blink as well, and I will notice an improvement for not even half a second, but it still is one.

Are these good signs?
Thanks

James

Re: About 'Clear Flashes' - JMartinC4 - 09-28-2010

JWLBOYCE Wrote:I keep getting clear flashes just on the odd time - I get loads however after just opening my eyes, for lets say a second or two. Is this classed as a true clear patch? I have noticed after my re-start that I have been able to get a short clear flash by doing this. I always thought it was definitely just a tear on my lens, but I always felt like there wasn't one there. Is this a good sign that I can effectively produce a clear patch like this - it happens sometimes when I blink as well, and I will notice an improvement for not even half a second, but it still is one. Are these good signs? Thanks James
Any non-lens assisted non-surgical clear flash is a true clear flash - stop doubting it. The tear film has three known layers, at least one of which is necessary for clear vision. Nearpoint fixated vision is at least partially a result of a disturbed uncontrolled tear film. One unrecognized result of practiciing the Bates Method is increasing control over your tear film. You are learning to blink correctly.

Re: About 'Clear Flashes' - 2xtreme2fit - 09-29-2010

JWLBOYCE Wrote:I keep getting clear flashes just on the odd time - I get loads however after just opening my eyes, for lets say a second or two. Is this classed as a true clear patch? I have noticed after my re-start that I have been able to get a short clear flash by doing this. I always thought it was definitely just a tear on my lens, but I always felt like there wasn't one there. Is this a good sign that I can effectively produce a clear patch like this - it happens sometimes when I blink as well, and I will notice an improvement for not even half a second, but it still is one.

Same here, the only difference is that I now have longer durations of clear vision just after blinking - soon shall you.
And as JMartinC4 says, STOP DOUBTiNG iT.

Re: About 'Clear Flashes' - JMartinC4 - 09-29-2010

Maybe now all we need to do is to train our eyes to start looking in the same direction, into the same distance, at the same time, and then get our mind to join them in trying to follow the light.
When we get all three of those unified, and figure out how to maintain control over our cornea-smoothing focusing tear films, and start blinking correctly so that our eyelids aren't always partially closed and squeezing on the fronts of our eyes producing just enough of a bulge to create nearpoint fixation, maybe then we will join the ranks of the clear-sighted!?
Maybe remember this: My eyesight only brings to my mind the illumination of the outside world - the actual things that exist out there remain ultimately hidden. We can't see the Snellen chart - we can only perceive the light reflected from it. We can't see the trees - only the light they are reflecting. I am not my eyesight. I am more than that.
Our other senses can bring to our mind other qualities of the things that exist in the outside world, but again, their ultimate nature is not completely perceptible. So by touching them and maybe tasting them and listening to them we can learn more about them, but again those are merely reflections that our minds perceive.
BUT - for animated beings, if we can connect with visual systems of others, we can perhaps achieve a new kind of communication with them. The light of our being interacting with the light of their being.
U kan du eet!!!
Smile O0 :o :Smile :-\ 8) Smile

Re: About 'Clear Flashes' - JWLBOYCE - 09-30-2010

2xtreme2fit Wrote:
JWLBOYCE Wrote:I keep getting clear flashes just on the odd time - I get loads however after just opening my eyes, for lets say a second or two. Is this classed as a true clear patch? I have noticed after my re-start that I have been able to get a short clear flash by doing this. I always thought it was definitely just a tear on my lens, but I always felt like there wasn't one there. Is this a good sign that I can effectively produce a clear patch like this - it happens sometimes when I blink as well, and I will notice an improvement for not even half a second, but it still is one.

Same here, the only difference is that I now have longer durations of clear vision just after blinking - soon shall you.
And as JMartinC4 says, STOP DOUBTiNG iT.

Yay - I just spent about 5 seconds sunning in the car, and had the most amazing clear flash ever - the only way I can describe it is WOW Smile

Re: About 'Clear Flashes' - JMartinC4 - 09-30-2010

JMartinC4 Wrote:Maybe now all we need to do is to train our eyes to start looking in the same direction, into the same distance, at the same time, and then get our mind to join them in trying to follow the light.
When we get all three of those unified, and figure out how to maintain control over our cornea-smoothing focusing tear films, and start blinking correctly so that our eyelids aren't always partially closed and squeezing on the fronts of our eyes producing just enough of a bulge to create nearpoint fixation, maybe then we will join the ranks of the clear-sighted!?
Maybe remember this: My eyesight only brings to my mind the illumination of the outside world - the actual things that exist out there remain ultimately hidden. We can't see the Snellen chart - we can only perceive the light reflected from it. We can't see the trees - only the light they are reflecting. I am not my eyesight. I am more than that.
Our other senses can bring to our mind other qualities of the things that exist in the outside world, but again, their ultimate nature is not completely perceptible. So by touching them and maybe tasting them and listening to them we can learn more about them, but again those are merely reflections that our minds perceive.
BUT - for animated beings, if we can connect with visual systems of others, we can perhaps achieve a new kind of communication with them. The light of our being interacting with the light of their being.
This morning I got frustrated with my eyes for refusing to see clearly into the distance when they know it is blurry and they know it doesn't have to be. So I forcefully said to myself out loud (I was in my car), "Open! Open up, eyes! You know that it doesn't have to be blurry! I know you know! Open up and stay open! Stay open!" and I stretched my eyebrows/lids as far open as possible and held them like that. And I blink, blink, blinked. And I breathed. And my eyes started to listen to me.
O0 :o Smile 8)

Re: About 'Clear Flashes' - hammer - 09-30-2010

JMartinC4 Wrote:
JMartinC4 Wrote:Maybe now all we need to do is to train our eyes to start looking in the same direction, into the same distance, at the same time, and then get our mind to join them in trying to follow the light.
This morning I got frustrated with my eyes for refusing to see clearly into the distance when they know it is blurry and they know it doesn't have to be. So I forcefully said to myself out loud (I was in my car), "Open! Open up, eyes! You know that it doesn't have to be blurry! I know you know! Open up and stay open! Stay open!" and I stretched my eyebrows/lids as far open as possible and held them like that. And I blink, blink, blinked. And I breathed. And my eyes started to listen to me.
O0 :o Smile 8)

JM, at least I think I am an expert on Bates method, but I haven't really understod how this mind comes in as you say and that is one reason for why I am here on this forum.
The mind controls the focus of awareness onto different things:
1. the memory of the brain, i.e. remember, recall, learn and so on, i.e. imagination to.
2. the space out there, being aware of all dimensions, i.e. move your mind from your head out to anyplace in space instantly.
3. the eyes and vision.
Now, I believe the mind shall focus it awareness on 1 and 2 and everything is fine.
What you did was maybe to focus your awareness on 3, and I think this item 3 is the reason why the mind gets in the way.

I mean the memory-vision-universe is connected via mind, but the intention was only to connect the memory with universe, so there is a middle vision state there in which the mind can get trapped and all sorts of things can then happen to your eyes (for instance you get some blurry vision).

What I think you did was to focus on your eyes (item 3), now then you told your mind (focused your awareness) on item 2 instead.

This means that what you should do is totally forget about your eyes and instead focus your awareness on connecting your memory with universe (i.e just focius on 1 and 2, not 3). So what you do is simply to let your mind bypass the feeling of your eyes (i.e. 3) and instead focus on the awareness of space (i.e. 2).
Thus when you don't feel your eyes then the mind is relaxed, do you think this is a test that one can use actually to get clear flashes ?
Thus the only thing you should know about is your memory of things that have happened and so on and to be lucky for positive things via these memories, and then look upon the universe and space as if things are happen now out there and you thus must take part of being present in what happens out there now. Because if you don't take part in what happens out there now then you will miss things and events that happen. But when it comes to the memory in the brain you don't have to be present that much and aware of the memory in brain in the present, because you can always recall what you have learnt some time later on at a time that is more comfortable.

You seem to be wise, what do you think about this :-\ , I actually just write what is logic to me.
Smile

Re: About 'Clear Flashes' - JMartinC4 - 10-01-2010

hammer Wrote:JM, ...I haven't really understod how this mind comes in as you say and that is one reason I am here on this forum. The mind controls the focus of awareness onto different things: 1. the memory of the brain, i.e. remember, recall, learn and so on, i.e. imagination to. 2. the space out there, being aware of all dimensions, ... 3. the eyes and vision. Now, I believe the mind shall focus awareness on 1 and 2 and everything is fine. What you did was maybe to focus your awareness on 3, and I think this item 3 is the reason why the mind gets in the way. I mean the memory-vision-universe is connected via mind, but the intention was only to connect the memory with universe, so there is a middle vision state there in which the mind can get trapped and all sorts of things can then happen to your eyes (for instance you get some blurry vision). What I think you did was to focus on your eyes (item 3), now then you told your mind (focused your awareness) on item 2 instead. This means that what you should do is totally forget about your eyes and instead focus your awareness on connecting your memory with universe (i.e just focius on 1 and 2, not 3). ... simply to let your mind bypass the feeling of your eyes (i.e. 3) and instead focus on the awareness of space (i.e. 2). ...Thus the only thing you should know about is your memory of things that have happened and so on and to be lucky for positive things via these memories, and then look upon the universe and space as if things are happen now out there and you thus must take part of being present in what happens out there now....what do you think about this :-\ , ...
Hammer, nice thinking, but no - my distance eyesight was always blurry even as a child when I had no 'awareness' of my eyes/visual system. I did not know that my distance eyesight was blurry - I thought everyone saw that way. When I got my first pair of glasses at 11, I was astonished and delighted. It was not like many of the current generations of people who remember having clear distance eyesight and then lost it.
Contrary to popular misconception, normal babies are born with normal eyesight, or may be slightly farsighted.
What purpose does 'getting blurry vision' serve for the mind? In my case I believe it was an infantile defense mechanism against a scary outside world, wherein, since I had no ability to fight or flight, I reverted to a fetal curl freeze and acceptance of a soothing blur and an illusion of safely hiding from the scary mean world.
BTW - I saw in another post that your right eye has much worse vision than the left - Question: are you left-handed?

Re: About 'Clear Flashes' - hammer - 10-01-2010

JMartinC4 Wrote:
hammer Wrote:JM, ...I haven't really understod how this mind comes in as you say and that is one reason I am here on this forum. The mind controls the focus of awareness onto different things: 1. the memory of the brain, i.e. remember, recall, learn and so on, i.e. imagination to. 2. the space out there, being aware of all dimensions, ... 3. the eyes and vision. Now, I believe the mind shall focus awareness on 1 and 2 and everything is fine. What you did was maybe to focus your awareness on 3, and I think this item 3 is the reason why the mind gets in the way. I mean the memory-vision-universe is connected via mind, but the intention was only to connect the memory with universe, so there is a middle vision state there in which the mind can get trapped and all sorts of things can then happen to your eyes (for instance you get some blurry vision). What I think you did was to focus on your eyes (item 3), now then you told your mind (focused your awareness) on item 2 instead. This means that what you should do is totally forget about your eyes and instead focus your awareness on connecting your memory with universe (i.e just focius on 1 and 2, not 3). ... simply to let your mind bypass the feeling of your eyes (i.e. 3) and instead focus on the awareness of space (i.e. 2). ...Thus the only thing you should know about is your memory of things that have happened and so on and to be lucky for positive things via these memories, and then look upon the universe and space as if things are happen now out there and you thus must take part of being present in what happens out there now....what do you think about this :-\ , ...
Hammer, nice thinking, but no - my distance eyesight was always blurry even as a child when I had no 'awareness' of my eyes/visual system. I did not know that my distance eyesight was blurry - I thought everyone saw that way. When I got my first pair of glasses at 11, I was astonished and delighted. It was not like many of the current generations of people who remember having clear distance eyesight and then lost it.
Contrary to popular misconception, normal babies are born with normal eyesight, or may be slightly farsighted.
What purpose does 'getting blurry vision' serve for the mind? In my case I believe it was an infantile defense mechanism against a scary outside world, wherein, since I had no ability to fight or flight, I reverted to a fetal curl freeze and acceptance of a soothing blur and an illusion of safely hiding from the scary mean world.
BTW - I saw in another post that your right eye has much worse vision than the left - Question: are you left-handed?

JM, I'm right-handed, why ? Today I got both an aha-experience and a hallelulja-moment. Smile I realized today that my mind is blocked to create all the three dimensions, and it is because my right eye is not naturally synchronized to my left eye. After having watched these 3D-pictures I afterwards got several long clear flashes. I had remarkably improved sight today, all day long, as if my mind had got some kick forward. Isn't this the problem for you as well ? I mean your mind didn't even had a chance to learn how to create the three dimensions in your head, since you always have seen blurry. Don't forget that your mind creates the three dimensions of space, it is the awareness of this 3D world that your mind creates. So I think some kind of exercise when it comes to increasing the awareness of 3D is beneficial for your eyes.