MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
6 months later,nothing has changed - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
6 months later,nothing has changed - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: 6 months later,nothing has changed (/showthread.php?tid=1585)

Pages: 1 2

Re: 6 months later,nothing has changed - JMartinC4 - 05-23-2011

DaniFixe Wrote:I'm must say, i felt more relaxed in mind and body but no improvement on vision. I'm starting to think on you said JMartinC4,i'm starting believe there's something of disorder in my mind which reflects on my eyes. I think is beacuse of this that i'm always spaced out and see double images. My mind is distorted.
Let's work on that.
Your mind is not distorted. It is certainly clear enough to post on this website - and making a lot of sense in English (rather than say Portuguese?).
Think "mis-aligned" instead of distorted.
You need to work on getting all the big components of vision pointed in the same direction, at the same time, at the same distance.
Mind. Right Eye. Left Eye. Head. Body.
Then a slight shifting of face/eyes may direct/focus some light from the object or area you're actually pointed at onto the foveas - and a flash of clear eyesight will occur.
And it's probably not going to be a 'straight ahead' alignment at first! Since each component is probably pointed at a slightly different direction and into a slightly different distance, seeing clearly straight ahead is probably near impossible.
I believe the feeling of 'relaxation' comes simultaneously with the realignment, and people confuse the experience thinking "Oh - if I get the relaxation first, then the clear vision (from the realignment) will come!". I'm not so sure.

Re: 6 months later,nothing has changed - FredtheBelgian - 06-30-2011

What a surprise Smile

Re: 6 months later,nothing has changed - DaniFixe - 02-09-2012

It's been 2 years since i heard for the first time the name of William Bates. About my vision nothing, nothing has change,but i steal walking in the direction of my dream of getting free of glasses. Let's see what happens this year.

Re: 6 months later,nothing has changed - DaniFixe - 07-20-2012

...and it's happening now! I have been dedicating more on the practice and less to the theory. And the facts speaks for itself.

I have doing 2 exercises with good results:

1) I choose one letter and do the swing from side to side,then i palm and imagine the same. I start about 30 cm from the letter and every minute i get away,reaching the 2 meters seeing the same letter almost perfect at times.

2) I choose one letter and then i close the eyes and imagine that i paint her blacker,always moving from point to point. Then i open the eyes and go down on the chart. I do this at 1,30 meters, and i can reach the 20/20 line. Not bad for someone who has -3 Diopters.

Although i did not get permanent improvement yet,but the fact is that i'm in the right direction. I think now is a matter of time to see definitive improvement.