MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
6 months later,nothing has changed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 months later,nothing has changed
It was 6 months ago,that i have knowledge about Bates Method. Since then i have started exercises that i found in internet,many from this forum and later i bought 2 books. One of them was from Leo Angart. I read it and learned the concept of visual therapy. Also i began attending Pilates to correct my body and went to a neuropsychologist to gain self-esteem.
Today i went to my optician to observe the evolution of my eyes. The exam saw no change,even 0,01 hasn't changed...i simple don't get it.
One fact maintain, i do believe in bates method. But after this disillusionment,i don't what else i can do. I'm reading now the Bates book and also found one book in my language. Maybe then i found the key of my problem,i don't know...maybe i will go to hypnotist to help me...i don't know. What i really know now is that i have to put my glasses on and continue with my life.

Good luck to all,
Daniel.
Hi DaniFixe,

Please see the new Topic under the Bates Method: "Why Optometrist test won't reveal progress". Please let me know if that makes sense and please stay glasses free and continue on... ;-)
Best wishes:
Andrea
In Leo's Book he show another formula, 1 / far point you see clear in cm X 100 = your diopter. But mine hasn't changed. Like i said,i'm gonna read the bates book and try to find what i'm doing wrong.
DaniFixe, don't get fixated on the visual acuity measurement as your only sign of progress. Do you get fewer headaches? Can you function better and more confidently without your glasses? Are your eyes more relaxed when you wake up than they used to be? All these are signs of progress too. Visual acuity improvements can take a while to stabilize, so if you're getting more or clearer flashes, that's progress too.
Yes Nancy,i feel my eyes and mind more relaxed. And now i don't feel stress at front of computer. But my first objective was to leave the glasses to work on computer,and at the moment didn't make it...my disappointment is that.
Even Bates said "Remember your successes, forget your failures". Partial success is still success: celebrate yourself! I see you focusing on what's NOT working (even the title of this thread). This mindset could be standing in your way.
It's a good point of view...
I believe that you are trying and you are trying too hard and that's why you "failed" so far.
Also, do you have faith? Do you believe that you can see? Do you want to see?

I believe you pushed it too far and tried so hard and also you demand to see results. Brain is not working that way.
Someone might have a whole division under his orders, and someone else might is able to control a riot himself, but none of them can just order their brains to do something.
Nature is not working that way.
You are correct,i have pushed hard to myself i demanded to my mind to see well. I'm getting to the final chapter of Bates Book and understand that i have just to relax,i do not force nothing. It is curious how easy is to make me a pessimist and to stress and how difficult it is to relax and smile or it is my subconscious who has power over me? Something to find out.
The more i read,the most i understand the way to see perfect. My myopia did'nt improve so far,but i start to feel my posture and mind more relaxed. I think what is missing now is to feel all day long like this. Without effort and without stress.
I'm very motivated for this summer. I believe! Smile
DaniFixe Wrote:The more i read,the most i understand the way to see perfect. My myopia did'nt improve so far,but i start to feel my posture and mind more relaxed. I think what is missing now is to feel all day long like this. Without effort and without stress. I'm very motivated for this summer. I believe! Smile
Have you had a clear vision event? Or a flash of clear vision?
No...only fluctuations between better and worse vision. But nothing real better or a clear flash.
A clearer flash counts, to me.
DaniFixe Wrote:No...only fluctuations between better and worse vision. But nothing real better or a clear flash.
Try this:
Palm for a few minutes. But when you uncover, instead of looking straight ahead, rotate your head to the left or right and see if it's clearer.
If your visual system is misaligned, then seeing clearly straight ahead is going to be near impossible at first.
The visual alignment is probably correlated with unbalanced eye dominance.

Work to rebalance your eye dominance/leadership by practicing a 360 degree long swing - shifting your mental attention to the left eye when swinging/turning left and then shifting your attention to the right eye when swinging/turning right. After ten reps, reverse it and let the right eye lead while swinging/turning left and then let the left eye lead while swinging/turning right. After ten of those, do ten more while maintaining equal attention to both eyes.

Check your eye dominance versus degree of nearsightedness. According to a wikipedia article on ocular dominance, if both eyes are nearsighted but there is considerable difference between the two eyes (let's say a diopter or maybe 25%) then your worse eye should be dominant when looking straight ahead.
If that's not the case, then you are a rarity - like me - and may benefit more from following the path I discovered.
I'm must say, i felt more relaxed in mind and body but no improvement on vision. I'm starting to think on you said JMartinC4,i'm starting believe there's something of disorder in my mind which reflects on my eyes. I think is beacuse of this that i'm always spaced out and see double images. My mind is distorted.
Let's work on that.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now