MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Videogame Audiosurf - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Videogame Audiosurf - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Videogame Audiosurf (/showthread.php?tid=1610)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Videogame Audiosurf - hammer - 10-08-2010

But the 3D soapbubble was relaxing at least to imagine in my mind ! ;D

Re: Videogame Audiosurf - Mzero - 10-08-2010

videogames get rid of the suppressed anger. let's play gta.

Re: Videogame Audiosurf - johnwayne - 10-08-2010

Thanks for the suggestion Hammer. I tried the game and it was extremely relaxing for my eyes. I purchased it straight after the demo ran out, which is rare for me because I rarely if ever buy video games. I even tried that Metallica remix you suggested and I have to admit it did work pretty well in the game.

If you or anyone else interested, here's some more good music for AudioSurf:

http://www.elwoodproductions.com/music.html

I felt 'Stompin Little Scouts' worked particularly well, probably because of the strong backbeat.

Cheers, JW

Re: Videogame Audiosurf - hammer - 10-09-2010

Thanx johnwayne, I like that music. Smile
Here's some other music (Roger Shah & Signum - Healesville Sanctuary (Roger Shah Mix)):
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/user/AudiosurfFan84#p/u/5/-Fp-AHQLBQU">http://www.youtube.com/user/AudiosurfFa ... Fp-AHQLBQU</a><!-- m -->
Nice art in that kanal. :Smile

Re: Videogame Audiosurf - hammer - 10-11-2010

Mzero Wrote:videogames get rid of the suppressed anger. let's play gta.

Might be a good tips, but at least when it comes to me I think that if I play too much computer games for a long time it will cause my eyes to become tired and that ends up with strain in my eyes instead, because I already sit in front of the computer all day long at work. Instead I will enjoy nature/art as much as I can, for instance walk in a green park or garden and feel the 3D depth when looking at trees and so on.
However I noticed that my eyes cleared up a bit after playing Metallica and Audiosurf, because it feels like the core of relaxation and at least I will try to follow that direction. However you can actually succeed in to cause strain to your eyes also in Audiosurf, and thus you need to play music that is relaxing to you (maybe for instance Enya- Carribean blue). I won't play Audiosurf often, just maybe 10 minutes per day or something to improve the shifting according to Bates, your eyes moves quicker and thus this will lead to more relaxed eyes in the long run. Also when I think about the music later on my eyes becomes more naturally relaxed when I walk in for instance the green park.
So, I will not play GTA, instead I will use the anger to perform the central fixation better.
I don't think I actually have problem with anger, instead it is the stress that cause anger, so my tips to you is to learn how to reduce your stress (stress down) instead, it is quite easy to reduce the stress and thus some of the anger is nothing to worry about anylonger.

Re: Videogame Audiosurf - Mzero - 10-11-2010

GTA is just my favorite. Other people's favorite might be chess or solitaire.

What I found out is, that how you say you can use your anger for central fixation. Is that when your angry you look in anger, when you're afraid , you look in fear or uncertainty.

What I am saying is, you can't expect yourself to see in Relaxation all day, your emotions can trade of and build the perfect mix (i call it dough). And the end result might be a good grounded state of might.

Re: Videogame Audiosurf - hammer - 10-11-2010

Mzero Wrote:GTA is just my favorite. Other people's favorite might be chess or solitaire.

What I found out is, that how you say you can use your anger for central fixation. Is that when your angry you look in anger, when you're afraid , you look in fear or uncertainty.

What I am saying is, you can't expect yourself to see in Relaxation all day, your emotions can trade of and build the perfect mix (i call it dough). And the end result might be a good grounded state of might.

No, I think you are puzzled, because you wanna always be so kind and you wanna perform things such that people gets happy, but in your heart you know that you are causing "them" just illusory short happiness, because you cannot be brave enough and tell the honest truth to "them", because you so much want to be popular, that honest truth should make "them" more happy in the long run, and thus then you should have been happier if you showed them "tough love", instead of you being so happy for the thankfulness they show for their illusory happiness, and thus you are afraid and uncertain, because you know in your heart that you haven't been really honest to actually make people happy in the long run. Thus you get relieved when you play GTA and get rid of your anger. I will instead let my attitude rock with a little bit of anger such that I show people tough love, because I want to cause kindness to people, not only in the shortrun, but also in the longrun, thus it will be a good grounded state forever without any fluctuations, at least I hope so ;D , thus I will be relieved without having to play GTA. But, I understand you, of course GTA must be fun to play and "might" be relaxing to you anyway Smile , but I don't have the time to play it, unfortunately. :-\

By the way, Nightwish version of "The Phantom Of Opera" was relaxing to my eyes:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKrWgRn78y0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKrWgRn78y0</a><!-- m -->

Re: Videogame Audiosurf - Mzero - 10-11-2010

well then you can show us the long lasting way to relaxed seeing.

i just thought you would like when i answered your thread.

Re: Videogame Audiosurf - hammer - 10-12-2010

Mzero Wrote:well then you can show us the long lasting way to relaxed seeing.

i just thought you would like when i answered your thread.

Thanks Mzero for your answer, I really appreciated to get your view on this subject.
I thought it was an interesting question though that arise when you think about it,
that is why I answered your post in that way I did, sorry didn't mean you to take it personally.
I just cannot go on exercising Bates without understanding these things,
because it would be a waste of time for me if I do things wrong and I don't have time to waste to do things wrong and get worse sight just due to the reason that I have exercised in a wrong way.
So, from your reaction I can draw the conclusion that I got unpopular in this case because I told you maybe the truth in some way that you don't want to hear.
If I should have lied to you just to make you feel happy in the short run, then it would cause uncertainty to me. If I get this unpopular reaction then it causes me to be really afraid of telling someone else the truth, that actually should have needed to hear the truth. Thus I need a little of anger to be brave to someone else next time. If I should be wrong then there probably would be lots of people that criticise me, and I would hear enough of that, gone sick and tired of it probably, it is ok, there would be discussions then, and probably something creative would turn out hopefully. If I should just have the right to remain silent, then no creativity would be created, that I sure can tell you, thus devastating.
It was just to show you an example, sorry, didn't mind you to take it personally, just showing the common problem that maybe you are dealing with also. There is lots of people that have to deal with this common problem in the daily life, the dad for instance, the schoolteacher that must tell the students to do their homework, leaders of countries that wants to be popular and controls the country in a wrong way, military that has to defend there rights and gets attacked, and so on and so on and so on.
So just do what relax you, GTA for you, it is as simple as that maybe. Smile
Or, take some action and do something positive for the world, that would relieve your mind. :-\
Oh, I shouldn't have written the last sentence, just had to, sorrry. Wink

Re: Videogame Audiosurf - hammer - 10-12-2010

Hej,
This evening I did some exercises.
I watched some audiosurf videos, relaxed alot and I noticed that my eyes became quicker and much more alert due to the shifting and fixation.
Then I just listened to "Knocking On Heavens Door" (without Audiosurf) while exercising relaxed shifting, and I noticed that my eyes really liked to shift to that music, it's great music for Bates.
I got a clearflash of almost perfect vision during these two videos that I watched (remark that just 1 month ago I started out with -3D/-5D):
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-I-p5F-D2E&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-I-p5F- ... re=related</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpSC8VZfw1I&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpSC8VZf ... re=related</a><!-- m -->