MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Words of Wisdom from 20/20 - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Words of Wisdom from 20/20 - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Words of Wisdom from 20/20 (/showthread.php?tid=1731)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Words of Wisdom from 20/20 - Mzero - 05-21-2011

I was at a concert with a friend. I asked him "How to you look at the band". He said "I just look". I said "Yeah, but how?". He said "I just look".

Hm... ok.

Re: Words of Wisdom from 20/20 - seetheleaves - 07-31-2011

Today 20/20 told me he has 'clear flashes' too. He said he has always noticed them (long before I began the Bates Method). For him it's as though he has been smacked on the back of the head - a kind of jolt - and then he sees 'far more clearly, profoundly, and with less (effort is the wrong word)...energy spent on seeing.' I asked him if he knows what induces these clear flashes - he doesn't know yet but he's going to pay attention and let me know if he comes to any conclusion. In the meantime I find it exciting to know that even beyond so-called 'perfect vision' there is still more awaiting us...

Re: Words of Wisdom from 20/20 - Nancy - 07-31-2011

I had a conversation with Esther van der Werf (Visions of Joy) shortly before she moved from the northeast to CA several years ago. Her vision was already 20/20, or sometimes a little better, but she was still continuing to practice as a dedicated Bates teacher. It must have been winter, because I remember her telling me she was walking home at dusk in the falling snow, scanning the scenery, and she had a strong clear flash of what must have been 20/10. She told me it had lasted for hours, and it sounded like she was still in awe, humbled and grateful for this unexpected gift. This was a week or so afterward, and she said she was starting to be able to induce this level of vision sometimes. I believe now she has 20/10 or 20/15 vision most of the time, so yes, it is possible. I look forward to the day when *I* can report what 20/20 (or better!) vision feels like.