MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Dreams and hopes crushed.. - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Dreams and hopes crushed.. - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Dreams and hopes crushed.. (/showthread.php?tid=1748)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Dreams and hopes crushed.. - jdiaz - 03-09-2011

[/quote]
You're not my - and probably not anyone's - 'friend'. You are the enemy. Promoting a drug to cure a functional (non-organic) problem makes you a witch or a warlock.
If the cause of nearsightedness is an eyeball that is too long, then it would be impossible to experience a flash of clear vision, and even more impossible to reverse the malady using the Bates Methods or anything like them.
So, which is it? Are all of on this website lying or kidding ourselves, or are we telling the truth?[/quote]

No need to be hostile. Anyway, I was talking to the OP in my last paragraph, not you. The only "drug" I promoted was a naturally produced drug. Lets just say you would not get very far without naturally occurring drugs. The cause of nearsighted IS an eyeball that is too long, which is why eyeglasses work. They focus light farther backinto the eye, where the retina is. If we had learned to see "incorrectly" eyeglasses would not help. It is simple concept. Also, it IS possible to reverse nearsighted through the process of emmetropization, but this ability is lost around age eight. For a problem that affects somewhere around one billion people, you have a very unproportionally sized community. Every statement I have made is backed by scientific evidence, while yours are illogical and not supported by evidence.

Sidenote: I have researched both sides extensively, and even though I wish the Bates method worked, my opinion is that it does not.

Re: Dreams and hopes crushed.. - JMartinC4 - 03-10-2011

@jdiaz:
Quote:So, which is it? Are all of on this website lying or kidding ourselves, or are we telling the truth?
So your answer then is that all of us are mistaken. Thanks, but you are a hypnotized disparager of truth-seekers, simply repeating the mistaken, misguided, obfuscated and ignorant magical science of eyesight that has dominated for the past 200 years. Time for you to leave then and not come back, please. The Bates Methods work well with less hypnotized people, but over the past 100 years millions of people have been self-hypnotized to varying degrees from the first hour of their birth into believing that blurry vision is acceptable. It is not. The eyeball is like a balloon - it can be bulged in front creating nearsightedness.
By the way, I think what you have disclosed proves that you are a Troll. This is a website dedicated to the Bates Methods. You have accepted the conventional magical unscientific methods of lenses and drugs to cure a functional problem. Please go away forever. Next time try doing your own thinking, some original research, some honest observations, and stop thinking you're superior to other humans. You're not.

Re: Dreams and hopes crushed.. - Ares - 03-10-2011

JMartinC4 Wrote:
jdiaz Wrote:That is a false statement. Contrary to your belief, it is the back part of the eye that grows. I am not sure where you get your data and statistics from, but I hope it is not from a certain doctor who lacked the medical technology to accurately diagram an individuals eye. It is not that dopamine "may" inhibit eye growth, it DOES inhibit eyegrowth. There is a drug that has been effectice at retarding myopia known as atropine. Unfortunately it is a cocktail drug that has some serious side effects from long term use. Guess what chemical in atropine inhibits myopia? You guessed right, dopamine.
Listen my friend, I know it's hard discerning correct information from incorrect information, especially on the internet. I applaud you for taking your health into your own hands. You can do any excerise you want, but just make sure you try what I said. With your eye sight right now you will have very little trouble with retinal detachments, eye floaters, and many other eye diseases, but the chances of these problems increase exponentially at -2 or -3 diopters.
You're not my - and probably not anyone's - 'friend'. You are the enemy. Promoting a drug to cure a functional (non-organic) problem makes you a witch or a warlock.
If the cause of nearsightedness is an eyeball that is too long, then it would be impossible to experience a flash of clear vision, and even more impossible to reverse the malady using the Bates Methods or anything like them.
So, which is it? Are all of on this website lying or kidding ourselves, or are we telling the truth?

What eye growth has to do with refractive errors anyway?
If we speak about mutations, this is another story, but these cases are extremely rare.
Eye growth has stopped in many of the people we have here. Yes, we have people 50 or 60 years old. Have they been cured? No.
Myopia is nothing more than mental illness. Something in brain gone wrong and accommodation can't be produced.
And is as easy to be cured, as to see stereoscopic images or produce double vision at will.

They only drugs that might help are sedative and muscle relaxant pills. But from the tests i made (i have lots of these pill boxes that doctors prescribed over the years) they won't work. You may fall asleep, but you cannot relax to the point of seeing perfect black. Cocaine eye drops are said to produce more "blackness" but i can't test that because is illegal.

The point is, no drugs will help you. Its like Depression or Schizophrenia, there are not drugs to cure you you from these mental illnesses. They are incurable by science and the only way to be cured is with a good and honest psychologist, or a Bates' Teacher, or cure yourself alone.

Martin, bring the stake, we have a witch here!

Re: Dreams and hopes crushed.. - jdiaz - 03-10-2011

I am very dissapointed at the sites hostility and lack of understanding of an opposing view. Opposition is a healthy, whether it is dealing with government or science.

The last two responses were comprimised of insults and lacked any real information, so I will not address them as they are not worth my time. Want to prove the Bates method works? Get scientific evidence, and make compelling arguments, both of which this forum is lacking in. OR find someone with a decently elongated eyeball with good eyesight.

It seems to me that you have not researched both sides, or you would be able to make more substantial claims. I would enjoy it very much to be proven wrong.

Re: Dreams and hopes crushed.. - JMartinC4 - 03-10-2011

jdiaz Wrote:I am very dissapointed at the sites hostility and lack of understanding of an opposing view. Opposition is a healthy, whether it is dealing with government or science.
The last two responses were comprimised of insults and lacked any real information, so I will not address them as they are not worth my time. Want to prove the Bates method works? Get scientific evidence, and make compelling arguments, both of which this forum is lacking in. OR find someone with a decently elongated eyeball with good eyesight.
It seems to me that you have not researched both sides, or you would be able to make more substantial claims. I would enjoy it very much to be proven wrong.
Ha, ha, ha,!! Look at the Witchy Warlock trying to lure us into his trap! His dark little beady-eyed body all hunched over, rubbing his little claw hands together in anticipatory glee! BOO! This site has been running continuously for over six years - your faux question-traps have already been addressed numerous times. GO AWAY BEFORE A HOUSE FALLS ON YOU!!!
;D

Re: Dreams and hopes crushed.. - David - 03-10-2011

jdiaz, the "Critics & Skeptics" forum is the appropriate place for this. Arguments from people who have no intention of implementing any form of the Bates method don't need to be mixed in with discussions with people who are trying to get help doing it. It takes any thread off track and is counter productive to the purpose of this forum.

Re: Dreams and hopes crushed.. - Ares - 03-10-2011

jdiaz Wrote:I am very dissapointed at the sites hostility and lack of understanding of an opposing view. Opposition is a healthy, whether it is dealing with government or science.

Scientific Evidence...
Scientific Evidence that will be tested by "Orthodox" scientists, maybe also in "Orthodox" laboratories, and they will be examined again and again until a failure has been produced, and the facts have explained and so the current "Orthodox" will remain untouched. And who is gonna gain from that? A multi billion Dollar industry... Do we have a conflict of interest here? (Bates Method is Free.)

We are not scientists on this forum, nor we ever stated to be "clever" enough for "compelling arguments". We have do need for them. Anyone can try it his self and see.

The last two posts had a significant amount of humor. We are not gonna burn witches at the stake. ??? (Maybe we will burn heretics!)

Yes, we are not only hostile, but very hostile. That's because there is whole damn forum in here called "Critics & Skeptics", so people like you can post their stuff there and then we will speak as civilized persons we are, and present our arguments, and you instead posted on the forums you shouldn't post, showing disrespect, and that attitude is pure Trolling.

And the way this thread now goes is the result of this Trolling.

Re: Dreams and hopes crushed.. - Andrea Major - 03-11-2011

Eyeglasses/contacts/Lasik can work because the "Incorrect use of eyes" is only a correct statement at the far point in the case of simple myopia, where the patient is too nervous to see. I agree that the sunlight can do great for Tory, but also we need to understand that what the eye doctor has measured may not be accurate. Optometrists do not understand how the eye works and therefore are incompetent at measuring vision. The only conclusion we can draw is that Tory was straining and staring very much during her last checkup and only by the time the dr has arrived at the said diopter, was she able to relax enough to read the chart perfectly.

Tory, please, do not purchase your new glasses or put them on. If you just rest your eyes more often then you think you need to, I am sure you will be able to go about your life with your old prescription or none at all.

Jdiaz,

you say that you have researched the subject, but it seems to me you are relying too much on what regular people say regarding the Bates method vs. medical studies. If you actually read the original work of Dr. Bates (and may take a few tries to grasp), you will see that he wasn't wrong as he only states facts and stays away from theories. A lot of people do not understand what he has said and also state the wrong things after adding their own theories.

I just watched Meir Schneider's video - thanks Nancy! - and I have to say Bates was right when he said people don't have to understand the method in order to recover. Meir makes some mistakes also in his statements, but overall his interview is very inspiring!

How about you do your own research? Have you tried palming for half an hour or longer? And?

Wink

Andrea