MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Bought Reduced Glasses Prescription - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Bought Reduced Glasses Prescription - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Bought Reduced Glasses Prescription (/showthread.php?tid=1935)

Bought Reduced Glasses Prescription - Aquila - 10-07-2011

Recently I bought reduced glasses prescription (didn't receive it yet), cause I need them very much during some parts of the day..
So I chose -1.5 diopter for each eye instead of of full correction of -2.0 diopter, and got full astigmatism correction (-0.5 in each eye), so now I see 20/27 in each eye instead of 20/17..

Btw from my last check my eyes prescription improved from -2.75 in left eye to -2.0 and -2.5 to -2.0 in the right one, and stigmatism became a bit better in left eye and a bit worse in right eye (now I have -0.5 in both of them).

So anyway my question is- is the full astigmatism correction will give me headaches and eyestrain? And did I reduce enough diopter in each eye so i wont get any headaches ?? please tell me if you think I made any mistakes in this prescription or not.

Re: Bought Reduced Glasses Prescription - Nancy - 10-07-2011

Aquila, I'm guessing no one has answered you because they aren't eye doctors and don't want to prescribe a glasses prescription over the internet, and I feel the same way. My behavioral optometrist removes astigmatism correction for most new patients if it's less than 2, which yours is. Also, you can give yourself a headache with no glasses at all by straining, although a too-strong prescription will also be likely to give you one. You've got to work with an eye doctor for these answers, or trust your own informed judgment.