MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
eagleguy's thousand questions - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
eagleguy's thousand questions - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: eagleguy's thousand questions (/showthread.php?tid=1986)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Re: Can anyone help me to show me a variety of methods pleas - Nancy - 12-23-2011

Get creative --put pillows under your elbows so you are comfortable.

Re: Can anyone help me to show me a variety of methods pleas - eagleguy - 12-24-2011

I don't have pillows except 1 I use for sleeping. And you didn't answer my first question of the above question. My first question is I palm and think of the blackest period I can in my mind, is that the correct way of palming? I hate when people just answers part of my question then I have to reply more and more.

Re: Curing myopia with the Snellen test card - eagleguy - 12-24-2011

Is there such thing of reading the Snellen test card too much? I read my Snellen test card to improve my sight and this method is more satisfying than palming. Because palming and thinking of the blackest period you can is something like boring... but reading the Snellen test card, I can do that all day.

Re: What are pinhole glasses? - eagleguy - 12-24-2011

I actually do know what pinhole glasses are. But people said William Horatio Bates created them and people have also said that when you wear them it improves your vision. After reading the book Perfect Sight Without Glasses, Bates have never said 1 word about pinhole glasses. So where the heck did all these people get it from? Are these pinhole glasses a rumor? Are they really created by William H. Bates? Do these pinhole glasses really improve your vision including myopia? Should I buy them? Have ya'll try them? How do they improve your sight?

Re: What are pinhole glasses? - eagleguy - 12-24-2011

Actually pinhole glasses are stupid. I've just read the inventor is unknown and they also can cause double vision. I'm not going to buy that piece of cheap trash.

Re: Palming - FIAT2LUX - 12-24-2011

Well, find what works for you. I found initially closing my eyes to be more beneficial than palming, I've also found sunning helpful etc. So, just figure out what works for you, and you aren't necessarily going to be seeing clear flashes all the time unless you are extremely successful in what you are doing.

Re: Curing myopia with the Snellen test card - FIAT2LUX - 12-24-2011

As long as it works. I don't know if you've read, but Dr. Bates cured or helped several classrooms by using the Snellen. Remember, FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU AND DO IT!

Re: Can anyone help me to show me a variety of methods pleas - SpaceOne - 12-24-2011

Sorry for jumping in. As far as I remember there was some suggestion in Bates book how to visualize perfect blackness when palming. He suggested to visualize black things which you use daily, like black shoes, black shirt etc. It could be also black laptop or black sterring wheel in your car. When you starting to loose a thouhgt on certain thing you must shift your mind to another and so on. After couple of minutes you get a sense of deep blackness in your eyes.
Another good method for palming, which i found on this forum, is to visualize a black universe or black hole in milky way from Earth point of view. You just close your eyes and imagine to look into deep space, far far away into darkness.

Re: What are pinhole glasses? - SpaceOne - 12-24-2011

I am actually using them for a couple of weeks. I noticed that, when watching TV your eyes are constantly working and trying to get a clear focus.

Re: What are pinhole glasses? - danilz - 12-24-2011

Look here http : // forum . eyesvisions . com / index . php ? topic = 1361 . 0

Re: Curing myopia with the Snellen test card - eagleguy - 12-24-2011

I've did read about that. Bates used the Snellen and made the kids read them and after that they felt relaxed and had a permanent cure on their myopia but this method sounds silly... how can that be possible? It's just like reading a book.

Re: Palming - eagleguy - 12-25-2011

Guys I've been doing palming everyday and I'm not seeing any results. Just in case you guys think I'm doing it wrong; I palm and think of the blackest period I can in my head. That's pretty much how Bates have said to do in his book. Why isn't my vision improving? I have myopia by the way. I don't see any difference. Not even the slightest. I have been spending my free time and did palming for a total of 1 hour and 30 minutes a day.

Re: Can anyone help me to show me a variety of methods pleas - eagleguy - 12-25-2011

Guys I don't see any bright 20/20 flashes after I palm for like 10 minutes and then I palm some more.

Re: What is photographic type reduction? - eagleguy - 12-25-2011

How small though? What if I read the smallest in the world as I can, is that good for improving my vision?

Re: What is photographic type reduction? - FIAT2LUX - 12-25-2011

eagleguy Wrote:How small though? What if I read the smallest in the world as I can, is that good for improving my vision?

Font 1mm or less in height (in my experience) is helpful. As Dr. Bates said, font this small cannot be read unless the eye is sufficiently relaxed. Same goes for reading at night, or looking at things around the sun. Again, it is the principle of relaxation. If you strain while trying to read it, it will not help, regardless of the font size. Did that help?