MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
eagleguy's thousand questions - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
eagleguy's thousand questions - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: eagleguy's thousand questions (/showthread.php?tid=1986)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Re: What is photographic type reduction? - eagleguy - 12-25-2011

How are you suppose to know if the font is size 1mm or not? I don't know my measurements.

Re: What is photographic type reduction? - FIAT2LUX - 12-25-2011

eagleguy Wrote:How are you suppose to know if the font is size 1mm or not? I don't know my measurements.

Get a ruler or a tape measure with metric units (for this it's just easier than using the imperial system), and somewhere you'll see either CM or MM (possibly lower case). Usually in the US they are double sided, inches on one side and metric on the other. So the side with metric units is what you'll want to use. The smallest marks on those is 1mm in width, you can then use that for measuring font height without having to check the technical font size.

Re: eagleguy's thousand questions - David - 12-26-2011

I merged all of eagleguy's new threads over the last few days into this thread. They were flooding the board.

Re: eagleguy's thousand questions - Nancy - 12-26-2011

David, thank you. If he can keep all his new posts in one thread now (and hopefully there won't be so many), that would be a big help. I was starting to want to avoid the forum completely.

Re: eagleguy's thousand questions - David - 12-27-2011

eagleguy is banned. I asked him several times, publicly and privately, to quit making new threads and just add to this one. He just wasn't getting it and already has resorted to creating multiple accounts to try to get by. I had to ban a whole IP range, so if anyone is getting a message that you're banned or whatever it says, let me know.

Basically I don't care to spend any time moderating and will only do the quickest, most draconian solution from now on.

Re: eagleguy's thousand questions - Nancy - 12-27-2011

Thanks again. Like with JMartinC4 I regret this is necessary but support it. I can't believe these people don't realize they're shooting themselves in the foot by alienating this great source of information and support. eagleguy also sent me a desperate private message a couple of days ago along the lines of "Answer my new post now!" which of course did not make me want to help him at all, so I just ignored it. I hope he finds the assistance with the Bates Method he's looking for.

Re: eagleguy's thousand questions - clarknight - 12-27-2011

Ha-Ha! If I tried answer all these my arm would break off. Read Dr. Bates Mags. It will help you.
Edit; Just read that he was banned; Got the impression he was really someone trying to cause problems on the Forum. Thomas Quackenbush used to tell us in his Natural Eyesight Improvement class; that often the AMA, Optical businesses... (people that try to destroy, hide the Bates Method from the public so they can continue selling eyeglasses, eye surgery, drugs) would sign up for his class masquerading as a student then try to disrupt the class, spy on him, find dishonest ways to stop him from teaching. I sometimes wonder if this is one reason he moved to Europe.

Re: eagleguy's thousand questions - David - 12-27-2011

As far as I can remember, the handful of people I have bent over backwards to accommodate, spending time giving them warnings... I think every one of them have ignored me and I've had to ban them. What's the point?

Re: eagleguy's thousand questions - arocarty - 12-27-2011

clarknight Wrote:Got the impression he was really someone trying to cause problems on the Forum.

That was my impression too - he was attempting a type of denial-of-service attack, to interrupt the site for legitimate users. Flood the forum w/ incessant posts to disrupt the usability for others.

Re: eagleguy's thousand questions - clarknight - 12-28-2011

I think a guy named 'Bates' had the same harassment problems when he was teaching.

Re: eagleguy's thousand questions - Pikachu - 01-06-2012

David Wrote:As far as I can remember, the handful of people I have bent over backwards to accommodate, spending time giving them warnings... I think every one of them have ignored me and I've had to ban them. What's the point?

Well, if just one person heeds the warning and later becomes a regularly contributing member, then it'd be worth it, wouldn't it? I think that at the very least, you should give one warning, maybe two. But of course, I can understand how annoying it must be to have to deal with these sorts of people.

Re: Dr. Bates gets expelled for curing myopia? - clarknight - 01-02-2013

Nancy Wrote:It's my understanding that Robert Lichtman is revising his Effortless Vision site, that it is not "dead" at all. Let's not spread rumors! The last I heard from him he was working on a book, so I'm looking forward to what he has to offer us when he re-emerges.

I agree with David that eagleguy is not a spammer -- there's too much Bates-specific content to his posts. But he's the classic greedy end-gainer Aldous Huxley wrote about in "The Art of Seeing", and while I very much want to help him get on track and improve his vision, I was losing patience trying to slow him down enough to help him. Talk about getting in your own way, or not seeing yourself as others see you! (And I hate to think how close to my own behavior over 10 years ago his is...)

Nancy, David... Robert is back! He was in College; Ph D
in Cognitive Psychology. He's going to use it with the Bates Method!

http://effortlessvision.com/xforum/index.php

Re: eagleguy's thousand questions - Deliverance - 01-02-2013

Yay! it's very nice to see that Robert L. is back!

Re: eagleguy's thousand questions - clarknight - 01-02-2013

Lets all invite him to chat!

Re: eagleguy's thousand questions - Nancy - 01-02-2013

Clark, this is old stuff except for your post -- Robert's main page still says the site is being reworked. Let's give him the time he needs. I'm eager to hear from him too. http://www.effortlessvision.com/