MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Reversing Eye Elongation? - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Reversing Eye Elongation? - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Reversing Eye Elongation? (/showthread.php?tid=2070)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Reversing Eye Elongation? - clarknight - 06-05-2012

continued from previous post;

The True Bates Method of Natural Eyesight Improvement brings clear vision and healthy eyes without use of eyeglasses. Bates Method students can use a series of weaker and weaker, reduced 20/40 eyeglass lenses, only if needed for driving, safety at work... until the vision reaches a safe level of clarity to permanently stop use of eyeglasses. Example; a person with unclear distant vision wearing a strong minus lens can a wear weaker and weaker 20/40 strength clarity minus eyeglass lenses as they practice Natural Eyesight Improvement and the vision improves, reverses back to clear through levels of clarity; this allows the eye muscles, visual system some relaxation and ability to reverse back to perfect clarity, complete relaxation. Eyeglasses are permanently discontinued.
Pilots and others required to have 20/20 vision cannot wear reduced 20/40 lenses when flying… but they can wear them with practice of the Bates Method to achieve 20/20 without glasses, then pass the eye exam, legal to fly.

When possible NO GLASSES is best way to go, fastest way to improve the vision.
Stay safe and healthy; Avoid eyeglasses. Let the eyes go natural, complete relaxation and see clearer than 20/20 with The Bates Method of Natural Eyesight Improvement. It's the original Natural Vision Course used successfully by the Military, Air Force Pilots in World War Two and present time.

The Bates method alone is enough and is safe, natural. Dr Bates books and his 132 Issues of ‘Better Eyesight Magazine’ containing the cures for myopia, presbyopia, astigmatism... is all a person needs to gain clear eyesight and healthy eyes. They are free on the internet and in the E-books.
Most people only need to stop wearing glasses and to learn basic shifting, central-fixation, natural eye movement and relaxation. When eyeglasses are removed, the eyes, eye muscles, brain return to normal function, apply Natural Eyesight Improvement automatically, on their own reversing, returning the eyesight to perfect clarity. Eyeglasses prevent this natural correction.

People, doctors selling unnatural eye treatments try to discredit Dr. Bates, hide his work. Most all Optometry, Ophthalmology books, articles, colleges, eye doctors will not state this truth because they are in the business of selling eyeglasses, eye surgery and drugs. Only Dr. Bates and a few honest old and modern natural eye doctors have stated the truth about the harm that all eyeglasses cause.

Eye surgery, treatments for eye injury, special conditions are necessary. Always check with your eye doctor and find a True Bates Method Ophthalmologist. They are hard to find, but do exist and are growing in number as natural health cures, the truth is available to the public.

Many eye conditions are caused by mal-nutrition, poor posture and stress, emotional, mental stress, strain. Eyeglasses maintain this, prevent a cure on all levels. People have re-gained clear vision by remembering and releasing painful memories, experiences, trauma from their childhood and other times. Natural Vision Improvement and stopping use of eyeglasses can uncover, release the negative emotions, stress. Do not worry about facing this. Encounter it and release the pain. Replace it with positive thoughts, emotions, ways of thinking about the experience. If you are in a destructive environment, find a way to gain your freedom, protect yourself from negative, abusive people. EFT and Deep relaxation, mind control training by Robert Monroe are of great benefit. Theses are described in the book.

Some family, friends, teachers will try to discourage your practice. This can be due to their being forced by the eye doctors to believe only the doctors advice, which is usually eyeglasses, surgery, drugs or due to them being afraid of a new method, not wanting to learn or being jealous of you being able to cure yourself; it is empowering and they may fear losing control over you, the family, circle of friends and the old way of life. Don’t be discouraged. You have millions of other successful Bates Method practitioners to communicate and grow with. Read the history books and research true history books that are not provided by the schools, colleges. Many scientists, doctors are shunned by society, their discoveries, theories, proven facts ignored, destroyed and hidden.
Years later usually after his, her death the scientist’s work is accepted and the world is benefited.

The Bates Method should be taught in schools, colleges for children and adults to prevent eye problems, preserve knowledge of the method for future generations.

Thanks for the suggestions from people on this forum and Yahoo Bates Method Groups.

Re: Reversing Eye Elongation? - clarknight - 06-05-2012

This Forum and effortless vision (when it was on-line, is it back?) seems to be the only true Bates Method Forums. Posting against the harm caused by the Plus Lens Method on other Groups, Forums is not allowed, they delete the posts.

Re: Reversing Eye Elongation? - lou_deg - 06-12-2012

It was mentioned earlier in this thread about the Myopter and I checked the website out. It costs something like $250, and the lenses are extra. Give me a break. I can see why the person posting tried to make his own. I'm skeptical of using pinhole glasses though (behind the +2D lenses) to try to make vision improvement. I use the pinholes when I want to avoid wearing glasses so that my vision doesn't get worse. But I don't use it to improve my vision. So using the pinhole together with +2D lenses seems a little risky to me. I think the Myopter idea makes more sense by using the +3Diopter rule (weakening distance prescription by +3D for close work at 1/3 meter). Of course, a myope with a -7D prescription told me she can get by reading at normal distance (30cm) without use of any glasses at all so the +3Diopter rule may not apply generally. In any case, the Myopter seems to be no better than just using weakened lenses to me but >100x more expensive. -Lou

Re: Reversing Eye Elongation? - wilmanelson76 - 11-09-2012

I really feel sorry for the children who are forced, these young little ones are saddled crutches which only harms their vision further. I definitely agree that The Bates Method should be taught in schools, colleges for children and adults to prevent eye problems.

Thanks,
Wilma

Re: Reversing Eye Elongation? - Daniel - 10-16-2013

I just contacted a behavioral optometrist near me. He said that yes, myopia can be naturally reversed to an extent, and he has helped people do it. However, he said that once the eyeball has elongated, there is no going back. He believes that high myopia can usually be prevented, but not reversed by more than about 2.00 diopters, and even that is not very likely for someone with longstanding high myopia.

I'm a bit confused here. Why would it be this way? Myopia is at first not caused by an elongated eyeball, but later it is? He's probably busy, so I don't want to take up any more of his time with questions. I'm not necessarily accepting what he said as true.

Re: Reversing Eye Elongation? - lfernand - 10-16-2013

Daniel Wrote:I just contacted a behavioral optometrist near me. He said that yes, myopia can be naturally reversed to an extent, and he has helped people do it. However, he said that once the eyeball has elongated, there is no going back. He believes that high myopia can usually be prevented, but not reversed by more than about 2.00 diopters, and even that is not very likely for someone with longstanding high myopia.

I'm a bit confused here. Why would it be this way? Myopia is at first not caused by an elongated eyeball, but later it is? He's probably busy, so I don't want to take up any more of his time with questions. I'm not necessarily accepting what he said as true.

Optometrists and ophtamologists in general believe theres no myopia regression. This optometrist believes in a small reduction.

THe fact is, we dont have a valid scientific study showing myopia regression in humans, for this reason we obviously dont have a mechanism, so the optometrist speaks about his personal experience. There are people who rely on the tissue stretch to explain why the regression would not occur or would not go further.

On the internet you can find a few credible sources (no money gain involved), reporting improvements greater than 2 diopters. But I never saw above 4.

Re: Reversing Eye Elongation? - Daniel - 10-16-2013

lfernand Wrote:On the internet you can find a few credible sources (no money gain involved), reporting improvements greater than 2 diopters. But I never saw above 4.
"Money gain" is a very overused argument, and I don't think we should count it against anyone's reported improvement. A better question is whether there is documentation, i.e. optometrists' records from before and after to substantiate the improvement.

Re: Reversing Eye Elongation? - lfernand - 10-17-2013

Daniel Wrote:
lfernand Wrote:On the internet you can find a few credible sources (no money gain involved), reporting improvements greater than 2 diopters. But I never saw above 4.
"Money gain" is a very overused argument, and I don't think we should count it against anyone's reported improvement. A better question is whether there is documentation, i.e. optometrists' records from before and after to substantiate the improvement.

I thinks myopia reversal is a controversial subject, not yet proved by mainstream science.

If a unknown person knocks in your house and wants you to borrow him a hundred dollars, you will not give him the money. Thats because it is how it works, credibility is not something you get because you say so. Its much more complex than that.

There is a lot of quackery, bad people using this to make money, nobody can deny that. To me, a humble internet researcher, makes a lot difference if the person preaching the reversal is making money in the field or not. It does not mean they are lying, it just mean I cannot know for sure. Prescriptions can be faked, can be bought, the world is dirty and full of frauds.

Are there any case reports on myopia reversal on PubMed from these behavioral optometrists?

Re: Reversing Eye Elongation? - NickGrouwen - 10-27-2013

clarknight, could you refer me to some studies or papers or research or medical expert stating that reading glasses > "cataracts, other eye damage", etc
?

Look at all these doctors saying that reading glasses are just fine:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.healthtap.com/topics/is-it-safe-to-wear-reading-glasses-even-if-you-have-perfect-vision">https://www.healthtap.com/topics/is-it- ... ect-vision</a><!-- m -->

Not that I completely trust them of course, I believe that wearing glasses is never a good thing (unless used properly like in plus lens therapy, by focusing at the blur point), and I'm NOT trying to offend you, but if I had to pick an unsupported forum post with some anecdotal evidence saying that reading glasses cause cataracts vs countless of comments from actual doctors saying that reading glasses are (somewhat) harmless, I'm gonna have to go with the doctors.

Re: Reversing Eye Elongation? - clarknight - 10-27-2013

Search posts on here about Plus Lens, reading glasses and Otis brown. I placed all links to pages where he admitted he developed cataract 2 x, astigmatism, has eyeglass prescript in his eyes, lasik on cornea. He has used plus lens for years. Still won't admit it caused these problems.

You can search on Sci med, other groups where people, mothers, kids have reported that reading glasses quickly impaired the vision. Many eye doctors are on there. They have a hard time trying to keep the plus lens people off there, to prevent them from advising this harmful method to children, adults, pilots.

Many of my students that have come to me with cataract have used reading glasses. Many seniors are ok, no cataract until after a few years addicted to reading glasses.

Otis and David De Angeles remove all posts on their forums by people that state they have been injured by the plus lens method.

I don't get into reposting all the evidence I have placed before. If you look you'll find it. Too many Plus lens guys want to fight me. They want to get everyone wearing the glasses. Its harming children, everyone. I saved all evidence, old posts in PDF's.

Another thing people contacting me with strong reading glasses get is various kinds of retina blood vessel leakage, bleeding, partial blindness... Of course all eyeglasses, plus and minus, astigmatism, bifocal cause these problems.

There are about 3 people that have been posting on here since Otis was banned. When one gets pushed off by members trying to protect people from being harmed by these guys, a new one joins the group. I suspect these plus lens people are Otis or his partners using different a name.

I warn people avoid the Plus lens method and all eyeglasses.
Use the Bates method and become free, independent. Think of your life in a few years.

Eye doctors side with Otis and De Angelis because the glasses lead to addiction to glasses ad eventually eye surgery; its all about the $.
Doctors are not going to do a research on any type of glasses to prove they are harmful.

The plus lens therapy will cause addiction to glasses. It freezes the lens, circulation in the eye is lowered, hydration to the lens is lowered, nutrients are blocked. These things lead to cataract, retina... damage.

I see, I have done some digging around and I do indeed never see this mentioned by proponents of plus lens therapy. Thanks clarknight! I have recently (earlier today) come to doubt the safety in wearing reading glasses and I guess I just better not take the risk. I have also opened a topic this afternoon regarding my success with plus lenses and print pushing. What is your opinion on print pushing (like ho_from_vietnam did)? As I mention in my topic "I quit.", I state that the Bates Method has not produced ANY results whatsoever, not even clear flashes. However. after just a few days of print pushing (sitting as far away from my PC screen as I can, seeing slight blur, waiting for my eyes to focus, and then reading like that) I am having clear flashes literally every 10 minutes or so. It is AMAZING what print pushing is doing for me. I also use a patch on my weaker left eye (and my friend has borrowed a sleeping mask from his mom and cut out a hole on the left side) and do print pushing like that, and am already noticing that my left eye is finally catching up to my stronger right eye. Would you as a natural vision improvement teacher recommend print pushing? Thanks!

Re: Reversing Eye Elongation? - Nancy - 10-27-2013

I don't think any glasses are good for your vision. As someone with a myopic pattern, I tried weak plus glasses briefly and hated them because they made things even more blurry for me. My prescription may have been too strong for me to benefit from them, to be honest -- all I needed to do was move farther away from the target.

We need to make a distinction between people who wear reading glasses for reading, correctively, and those who use them hoping to correct their myopia. I believe Otis is in this latter class -- as a strong myope, he got cataract surgery with a minus prescription included to "correct" his myopia, and now uses plus lenses regularly as a therapeutic aid to maintain his post-surgical level of vision. I'm glad it's working for him. What I don't like is his ranting about how plus lenses are the "cure" for everyone with myopia, which I believe is why he was banned from this site.

This is not the same situation as folks who wear plus glasses for reading, which like the minus ones for myopia, will often get stronger and stronger over time. You want to do without glasses as much as you can, and when you do wear them, keep it brief.

My behavioral optometrist used to give patients "opposite glasses", plus ones for myopes and minus ones for far-sighted folks, to wear for a short time every day to break up their existing pattern of looking. I don't know if he still does this, but it seems to me to be in the same category as the plus lens therapy method for myopes, a device to be used temporarily on your way to healing. I don't share Clark's strong opinion that plus lenses are damaging -- I don't have enough experience with them to make that call. Just be careful you're looking at the situation clearly: plus lenses for therapy purposes for myopes have a different purpose than plus lenses for someone who can't read without them.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any magic easy answer to correcting impaired vision. People are so hungry for a quick fix, and often grab at something without understanding it fully which may actually be useless or even harmful. I'm glad plus lenses have a bit of a positive track record in helping myopes, but I don't think they're for everyone, and like anything else they can certainly be overdone. Just wanted to add a calmer voice to this topic.

Nancy,
thank you for your post. That Otis Brown guy is kinda strange, I've been reading his posts on this forum here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forum.gettingstronger.org/index.php/board,4.0.html">http://forum.gettingstronger.org/index. ... d,4.0.html</a><!-- m -->

I think he's a bit odd, the way he constructs his posts, not getting to the point. going completely off-topic, many times not adding anything relevant to the discussion, repeating the same thing over and over and over and over. His posts read like a bot wrote them

The only thing I care about now is print pushing. Read my topic "I quit". Everybody needs to try this out NOW ASAP Smile

Re: Reversing Eye Elongation? - clarknight - 10-28-2013

Darn it nick!

Why are you linking so many discussions to Otis Brow's Plus Lens pages? You just told me yesterday you were not going to do that. Then I get on here this morning and you did the opposite of what you said.

The Plus Lens (also called Anti-Corrective) method causes cataract, retina damage, other eye, vision problems.

Otis has ruined many children's vision. He constantly advises that all children must wear glasses.

Re: Reversing Eye Elongation? - NickGrouwen - 10-28-2013

Hi clarknight, I have already given up the reading glasses. I don't remember linking to Otis Brown pages. Yes the forum I linked to has Otis Brown posting there but I just ignore his robot posts. I have given shocker some links to pages talking about the plus lens therapy and print pushing. And then I say that clarknight has turned me off of reading glasses and that I don't advise using them or using them at your own risk. The pages I linked to explain the reasoning behind the plus lens therapy and why it works

It's called "plus lens therapy" but you can do the whole thing without wearing plus lenses at all! Plus lenses pushes everything further away and you can substitute that effect without lenses by simply moving away from your reading material or computer screen!