MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Eyes feeling stiff in the morning - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Eyes feeling stiff in the morning - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Eyes feeling stiff in the morning (/showthread.php?tid=2752)

Eyes feeling stiff in the morning - AlkalineWater7 - 04-08-2014

How can i prevent my eyes from feeling stiff and unrested when waking up in the morning? I think this is hindering my progress. During the previous day, i would do some bates method related tasks, but once i go to sleep, my results take one step backwards. Eyes are stiff, and vision is blurry. It takes some palming and looking at the eye chart to clear it up some, but i want to eliminate this pattern of stiffness from my life. I want to feel rested when waking up in the morning.

RE: Eyes feeling stiff in the morning - wtfgod - 04-08-2014

I would address whatever is hindering your sleep?

RE: Eyes feeling stiff in the morning - AlkalineWater7 - 04-08-2014

i sleep all the way through. I don't toss and turn. It might be stale air. I should've just thought this through before being too eager to post a question.

RE: Eyes feeling stiff in the morning - Nancy - 04-13-2014

Dr. Bates suggested his patients do Long Swings before going to sleep, maybe 50 or 100 of them, to break up the stare during sleep they might not be aware of. This pattern is fairly common in people with vision problems.

RE: Eyes feeling stiff in the morning - Bifocal - 04-13-2014

(04-08-2014, 12:59 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: How can i prevent my eyes from feeling stiff and unrested when waking up in the morning? I think this is hindering my progress. During the previous day, i would do some bates method related tasks, but once i go to sleep, my results take one step backwards. Eyes are stiff, and vision is blurry. It takes some palming and looking at the eye chart to clear it up some, but i want to eliminate this pattern of stiffness from my life. I want to feel rested when waking up in the morning.

What is your glasses prescription,and have you given up wearing them completely?

RE: Eyes feeling stiff in the morning - AlkalineWater7 - 04-16-2014

(04-13-2014, 05:56 PM)Bifocal Wrote:
(04-08-2014, 12:59 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: How can i prevent my eyes from feeling stiff and unrested when waking up in the morning? I think this is hindering my progress. During the previous day, i would do some bates method related tasks, but once i go to sleep, my results take one step backwards. Eyes are stiff, and vision is blurry. It takes some palming and looking at the eye chart to clear it up some, but i want to eliminate this pattern of stiffness from my life. I want to feel rested when waking up in the morning.

What is your glasses prescription,and have you given up wearing them completely?

Left eye: -3.00 and Right eye: -3.75. These measurements were taken last year. I don't wear the corrective lenses at all.

(04-13-2014, 05:56 PM)Bifocal Wrote:

Left eye: -3.00 and Right eye: -3.75. These measurements were taken last year. I don't wear the corrective lenses at all.