MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Help please - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Help please - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Help please (/showthread.php?tid=2791)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Help please - Aureus - 07-03-2014

Look - and one day you'll see.
Relax - and one day you'll be strong.

And if you have some specially fast progress don't forget to share the secrets about it with the rest of the folks here. Cool

P.S. Tension can be stored in layers. You peel one layer off then you realize there's another one under. You remove that one and you see there's another one. You peel off and peel off and wonder is it possible there are so many layers. "This thing seems never be gone." It's possible - because one can strain for years piling up the tension he or she doesn't pay attention.

When I started to palm, at first everything looked rather normal. Then one week later I got fast involuntarily movements that loomed up during palming sessions. I was surprised because they didn't feel very pleasant thing and could last for more than one hour. I palmed a lot, sometimes I had two-hour sessions and I really thought something was very wrong with me and my eyes. Then after more than a month those involuntarily eye movements slowly disappeared and recurred after that only occassionally when my eyes were really stressed.
- That shows how much tension can be stored even in the eyes of someone whose vision is just slightly decreased. (On the other hand, that might have been just some kind of reaction of my eyes to a new way of using them. And when you start your vision recovery program it's a new way of using to your eyes.)

RE: Help please - gekonus - 07-08-2014

My prescription was -1.25D 0.5Cyl in both eyes about 9 months ago, I started eye exercises 50 days ago, so lets talk about that, I now have -1D left eye, and -0.75 right eye (No astigmatism Smile)
I was curious about this: if I managed to remove my astigmatism, do I still need to practice the tibetan wheel/astigmatism charts everyday so that the astigmatism will not come back?
I do palmings, long swings, snellen and sometimes sunning everyday to try and achieve total relaxation and central fixation to reduce the diopter
Are eye rolls, figure of eights and such still beneficial for myopia? or were they more for the astigmatism?

Thanks people

RE: Help please - Nancy - 07-08-2014

Gekonus, first, congratulations! This is great progress in less than 2 months, and should give you lots of confidence. About the tibetan wheel exercises, I'd do them less often, maybe once or twice a week, and see how that feels. Everybody is an experiment of one as we're all different, but with everything else you're doing for your eyes you may not need the tibetan wheel as much any longer. Its purpose is to help you see equally well in all angles (no astigmatism) and it sounds like you've achieved that now. Good work!

RE: Help please - gekonus - 07-08-2014

Thank you very much for your help Nancy Smile I'll take your advice!
Its all about relaxation now I guess, lets gogogogo!

RE: Help please - Aureus - 07-08-2014

Good, good, very good.
Even more than that - it's excellent!

One could almost write off the first month of exercising since the most of progress you had in last 15 days.

As for the Tibetan wheel, I'd continue with it for the next seven to ten days with the same intensity. The first reason: to stabilize your zero cylinder. The second reason is that the biggest proponent of the Tibetan wheel, Leo Angart says it improves even myopia - so you can try and see if that is your case. If not - you don't loose much - it doesn't take much time daily and also at least you got rid of your cylinders. I guess you don't have to be afraid ofastigmatism anymore in your life. If you ever get it again you'll know what to do. (I must say here that it doesn't mean that the Tibetan wheel did all the job. It may be the confluence of all the things you did.) By the way, I'm interested to hear how your eye muscles feel now. You've loosened them entirely?

A couple of extra questions.
You've checked your dioptres at the optometrist/ophtalmologist? His/her reaction?
Have you ckecked your vision acuity? With your current spheres you should be around 20/40 with your left eye and around 20/30-35 with your right eye...

RE: Help please - gekonus - 07-09-2014

Thanks for all your help Aureus! Smile

My eyes do feel a bit more relaxed yeah, I barerly make them strain anymore, I do alot of shifts and I take many breaks while using the computer so basically yeah, they feel a bit better
We cant say for sure that these exercises improved my sight, but I hope they did since I cant find a reason how vision could get better in my age.. usually it only gets worse as you strain more and stuff
Im -1D Left, and -0.75D Right.. sadly my acuity isnt even close to 20/30 haha..

20/50 Right, 20/60 left.. when the second number increases by 10, its usually 0.25D, so basically 20/40 is 0.5D and 20/30 is 0.25D

RE: Help please - Aureus - 07-09-2014

(07-09-2014, 09:19 AM)gekonus Wrote: 20/50 Right, 20/60 left.. when the second number increases by 10, its usually 0.25D, so basically 20/40 is 0.5D and 20/30 is 0.25D

Not really. It's true that different people with the same dioptres can have different vision acuity, since the dioptres are just measures for physical refractive error of your eyes and your vision acuity is the result of what you see in your mind.
But in general most of the people undergo to these relations:

0.25 - 20/20 to 20/25
0.50 - 20/25
0.75 - 20/30
1.00 - 20/40
2.00 - 20/80
3.00 - 20/150
etc...

When you have -0.25 it's really...just slightly impaired vision. Some people can still see 20/20 without any problem. -0.25 usually means "WARNING - pay more attention to your eyes". And as a matter of fact, most people don't realize their vision has been decreased until they leapfrog -0.50.
Funny thing is that some people can see 20/25 with -0.50 and some other only 20/40 because they are unable to compensate. And Dr. Bates had a patient who with 0.25 cylinders had incredible problems!

But the most important is that you saw some improvement in your case.

Just keep it up.
And be patient with yourself.
Vision cannot be improved by force.
Which is the same that can be said about relaxation for example. Surely you noticed that more you try to be relaxed the more unrelaxed you are.

RE: Help please - gekonus - 07-10-2014

Anyway , I am still not able to even see the 20/40 line with my better eye.. forcing vision isnt good of course but when I focus on relaxation, Im paying attention if I strain my eyes and thus stop whatever I just did.. so it might not be bad to focus on relaxing