MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Re: bates method for beginners - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Re: bates method for beginners - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Re: bates method for beginners (/showthread.php?tid=300)

Pages: 1 2

Re: bates method for beginners - Urban - 03-03-2007

I seem to have generated a lot of discussion so I will see if I can clarify what I meant. Everyone here knows that the mind has a profound effect on all aspects of the body. To improve a chronic condition such as those we have, the ideal mental state must be cultivated. Just as we just positive affirmations to strengthen our mental state, negative affirmations can be used to break that mental state down. Even if you have 100% faith in the Bates Method, a negative affirmation will still have an effect on you. Quite literally, if you continued to repeat anything, or have anything repeated to you, you would eventually come to believe it. Anything that you believe can easily affect your physical state.

In this vein I suggest that if you wish to maximize all benefits to yourself, you must strive to remove ALL negative affirmations from your life and fill them with positive affirmations. How you go about this, is up to you. If you have no clue what your doing with affirmations look up the book "With Winning in Mind" by Lanny Bassham. It details mental techniques that Olympic level athletes use and rest assured they can work for you too.

Re: bates method for beginners - Daniel - 03-03-2007

Elias Wrote:Well, Yes Daniel,

Envy may be the case, they can't see you get rid of glasses forever and they intend to put forward some obstacles to delay your progress. Good people want good for everyone.

I wasn't suggesting envy as a motivation for a friend not being supportive, though I guess it could be.  What I was thinking was that perhaps he sees you as trying to change the unchangable.  For instance, suppose your friend has same-sex desires, has long wished to change that, perhaps got the message that it could be done, tried who-knows-what, but eventually concluded that it wasn't possible and he had been lied to.  How would you then expect him to react to you trying to change something about yourself which conventional science says can't be changed?