MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Quackwatch - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Quackwatch - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Quackwatch (/showthread.php?tid=3007)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Quackwatch - Aethersky - 01-10-2015

thats interesting. I'm glad you made huge improvements.

Are you able to see around 20/20 with the -4D in bright lighting? im guessing the -8d with -4D astigmatism is severely overprescribed. Do you still notice any "double vision" or "swimming effect" caused by the astigmatism?

RE: Quackwatch - Paul888 - 01-11-2015

Quote:Are you able to see around 20/20 with the -4D in bright lighting? im guessing the -8d with -4D astigmatism is severely overprescribed. Do you still notice any "double vision" or "swimming effect" caused by the astigmatism?
In -4D glasses I can read (20/20) line. But the thing is, if I take my glasses off and start period of vision improvement, very often I can see even better than that, meaning I can read even 20/16 line. Even if you use glasses vision will be not the same compared to without glasses (as normal people can enjoy). Why is that ? I realized, that each dioptre make things smaller and smaller. With my -8D lenses that 20/20 line was very small and impossible to read. With -4D that line is already MUCH bigger, and because details are bigger, you can easly read them. But without glasses even 20/16 line is big enough to read :) (but I can read 20/16 line only during my improvement time period, and with glasses I can read 20/20 everytime).

Quote:"double vision" or "swimming effect" caused by the astigmatism?
In fact it was more than double vision, I could see 3-4 and even 6 objects at once thanks to my astigmatism. Right now my astigmatism is not near that bad, but still I can see it especialy in dim lighting conditions. But with my glasses on (-4D sphere) I can no longer see that problem. These glasses has no cylinders so it my seam strange why I cant see astigmatism in them, but for me it looks like in these -4 sphere glasses my eye muscles are simply strong enough in order to sustain correct cornea shape without problems. Without glasses I can also see periods of time without astigmatism (and see perfectly even in dim lighting conditions), but during that time I really feel that my eyes need to work much more in order to correct that astigmatism problem, and many times I can hear "clicking noise" in my corna from these constant adjustments. That's why I know for a fact, whats Bates found out, it's true. Our eye structure must be somewhat fluid if eye muscles can change eyeball and cornea shape so easly and dynamic during fluctuations, there's no other explanation.

But I dont know if all people can restore their eyesight, I would want to find that out in future. Most young people propably yes, they can still fix even very bad S shaped spine because I was able to do that. But what about someone who has 50 years and even older people ?
[Image: article-2313823-19741FD8000005DC-705_634x535.jpg]
Lets be realistic. People like that may already damaged their bodies to the point, where that damage could be irreversible, especialy after some kind of spine surgery.

RE: Quackwatch - bloobi - 01-11-2015

Thanks Paul888 for your posts in this thread, they help me to stay on the right track.

Your conclusion that vision improvement is something which you should see immediately, not something which you should hope for to happen in the long run is very encouraging for me because I had the same feeling, but not your long time experience.

Also the connection between the neck muscles and the extraocular muscles is clear to me after I saw the video you embedded. When I do vision training I automatically feel my neck straightened without any effort, while normally I walk around like apeman. I've done quite a number of muscle exercises in the past to get a better posture but without any effect. But now that I do vision training it seems to happen automatically.

Just a pity that your valuable posts are buried deep in a Quackwatch thread.

RE: Quackwatch - Paul888 - 01-11-2015

Quote:When I do vision training I automatically feel my neck straightened without any effort, while normally I walk around like apeman
That's correct, and with more serious exercises eye exercises that muscle strain can pull and tillt your whole head :).