MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Bates again - time to restart - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Bates again - time to restart - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Bates again - time to restart (/showthread.php?tid=3014)

Bates again - time to restart - blwegrzyn - 01-19-2015

Few years ago i was learning about Bates and Davids method thx to this forum. All was going well and since then i never put my glasses on.
I was palming, swinging and practicing Davids method hoping for the good to come some day. Recently I was reading a lot and i seemed to over strain my right eye. My astigmatism was always stronger in my right eye.
My prescription is still the same:
OD: pl astigmatism -1.75 x176
OS -0.25 astigmatism -1.50 x005

What changed for me is that before I could cover one eye and move the piece of paper closer to the eye and I would find a distance when letters were clear. I can still do that with left eye but not the right. Letters are kind of distorted.

What is that? Is this extreme over strain?
If i check with glasses the letters get sharp.

I also feel the right eye tight and many times causing pain, itching when moving. I went to see the doctor to get my eyes checked and all seems to be ok.

I need to restart the bates, but I wonder how is the best way to approach it this time with the problems i described.

thx

RE: Bates again - time to restart - David - 01-30-2015

Maybe astigmatism, but who knows. Sometimes eye doctors can diagnose things, sometimes not. But I don't think it really matters where you start from. The application is pretty much the same.