MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
extremely SENSITIVE to light/sun - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
extremely SENSITIVE to light/sun - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: extremely SENSITIVE to light/sun (/showthread.php?tid=3057)

extremely SENSITIVE to light/sun - BETTER - 04-21-2015

i litterly cant keep my head up when iam walking on the street (i leave in a pretty hot country)
is that because of my unrelaxed eyes? and is suning is the soulition?Huh

RE: extremely SENSITIVE to light/sun - vst - 04-22-2015

Yes, sunning is a solution and also a great way to relax your eyes. Mentally reminding yourself that the sun isn't harmful and you don't need to squint also helps; I got rid of most of my photophobia just doing that.

RE: extremely SENSITIVE to light/sun - Nancy - 04-22-2015

(04-22-2015, 07:32 AM)vst Wrote: Yes, sunning is a solution and also a great way to relax your eyes. Mentally reminding yourself that the sun isn't harmful and you don't need to squint also helps; I got rid of most of my photophobia just doing that.
Here is a blog post I wrote several years ago about light sensitivity which might help. You want to gradually get used to the bright light, maybe wear a hat to shade your eyes if it's glaring. Notice how you're fighting it -- that's strain. Good luck!