MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How Long Is This Supposed To Take? - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
How Long Is This Supposed To Take? - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: How Long Is This Supposed To Take? (/showthread.php?tid=3135)

Pages: 1 2

RE: How Long Is This Supposed To Take? - Kabuto - 12-27-2015

(12-24-2015, 04:27 PM)hammer Wrote:
(12-23-2015, 02:26 AM)Kabuto Wrote: ...
So, I'm left with many questions:

1) Are reduced prescription lens necessary? I've heard a mix of answers saying that one should get reduced lenses or one should use their naked eye.
Hammer: There is no rule here. It depends on what kind of situation you are in. The naked eye is better because you get more bio-feedback out of it. The reduced prescription lens might on the other hand relax the eye when you really need to read lots of information (where blur only would tense the eye).
If you are outdoors a lot with lots of sun I should go for the naked eye.

2) Just how often should we blink? I notice that motion of the eyes incur blinking, but I'm not sure how often we should use our eyes. There are times that motion feels great, and others where motion feels forced. It's extraordinarily difficult to tell the difference
Hammer:
The blinking should be soft, very relaxed, automatic, closing the eyes just very slightly like a butterfly that is flying.
Try blinking fast for 20 times and after this your natural blinking should come automatically. Try pointing your eyes in several directions (often outwards looking at the periphery) and notice in every direction if your blinking seem to cleanse and moisture the eyes in the right way. If not you should blink several times while still pointing your eyes in that direction. Also notice that there is a slight improvement in clarity after you have blinked repeatedly.
You should definitely not do any strained hard blinking, that is creating more blur in the long run.

3) How often should we look into the distance, especially when we already have a fair amount of myopia?
Hammer:
It depends on what you are looking at. Are you looking at details of blur, then it is okay to look as long as you like at far distance. It doesn't strain your eyes. Do you really need to read text at far distance and have trouble reading it due to the blur, well, use your glasses, the blur in this case would strain your eyes too much in this case.
Is it healthy to remain in the distance a fair amount, or should we be movingback and forth from close to distance at extraordinarily rapid rates?
Hammer:
Moving back and forth from close to distance very rapidly is quite meaningless. You might see a slight improvement, but that is it.
You should of course look at different distances though, but you need to take your time to notice each point clearly.
Again, it is very difficult to tell whether distance vision is healthy or very detrimental.
Hammer:
Distance vision is associated with a mental sort of feeling. You know in advance if the distance vision will bring you into more relaxation or just cause you more strain. You need to distinguish between this and make the right flexible adaptations here, it is possible if you are present in the moment mentally.

4) How often do we need to go outside?
Hammer:
Hmm, well you can very well look out of the window also, just sitting in a chair.
This is a big one for me because I'm definitely a homebody....is there a way to do a lot of this improvement indoors?
Hammer:
You can do a lot of Bates training in front of the computer. I do this.
But, I get better result when I am outdoors of course.
I know I should take a walk outside in the morning every day.

1) Unforunately, I feel a lot of tension when using my naked eye. Very very strong blur that tenses the eyes. I can't even stay outside for too long Sad

2) Well this is pretty clear, try to blink a fair amount

3( So looking at different distances is important, I get that much... Still vague on details.

4) How on Earth would you practice on the computer?

Sadly, I wind up totally lost in regards to what I should be doing, my vision is even worse than when I started due to all the distance strain. Some may claim that I'm doing the methods wrong, but how on Earth do I know if these methods work to begin with?

Sorry I sound so cynical and skeptical, I'm just frustrated because all these months of effort and devotion appear tp be for naught...

RE: How Long Is This Supposed To Take? - sleepmaster - 12-31-2015

my vision is even worse than when I started due to all the distance strain.

what were your diopters when you started?

RE: How Long Is This Supposed To Take? - Kabuto - 12-31-2015

(12-31-2015, 07:28 AM)sleepmaster Wrote: my vision is even worse than when I started due to all the distance strain.

what were your diopters when you started?

I unfortunately do not have a reading of my diopters upon starting nor my diopters now- but if I were to estimate, I have dropped from -2 to -3...

RE: How Long Is This Supposed To Take? - sleepmaster - 12-31-2015

If you are -3 or less you shouldn't be wearing lenses at all. Keep it simple, lot of time outside, and make yourself feel a little zoned out when looking into the distance, opposite of focusing intensely. Try to stay a little zoned out through the eye strain caused by distance in front of you. When you are outside, look for places that are as left-right symmetrical as possible, and are both wide and far away, with more far away than wide. A good example is a long small straight residential street near you where you can walk in the middle of.