MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
After years of struggle I come across an Incredibly Fast and soothing cure - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
After years of struggle I come across an Incredibly Fast and soothing cure - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: After years of struggle I come across an Incredibly Fast and soothing cure (/showthread.php?tid=456)

Pages: 1 2

Re: After years of struggle I come across an Incredibly Fast and soothing cure - Jason - 07-12-2007

Kazekage Wrote:I disagree -- Bates frequently mentioned spontaneous cures. It's just a matter of following the one right way and discarding the million other wrong ways. And when you find it, central fixation will kick in - and voila!

Yep, there are probably endless ways to do the Bates techniques wrong. I like to constantly remind myself that the right way is the easiest.

Re: After years of struggle I come across an Incredibly Fast and soothing cure - Mzero - 07-13-2007

Kazekage Wrote:I disagree -- Bates frequently mentioned spontaneous cures. It's just a matter of following the one right way and discarding the million other wrong ways. And when you find it, central fixation will kick in - and voila!

That lets me wonder. Is it possible to have perfect eyesight without central fixation?

Re: After years of struggle I come across an Incredibly Fast and soothing cure - Jason - 07-13-2007

Mzero Wrote:That lets me wonder. Is it possible to have perfect eyesight without central fixation?

Perfect eyesight, no. Perfect visual acuity, maybe (in rare cases). Bates talks about a patient who had extreme eccentric fixation. The person was blind if he looked directly at the Snellen. But he/she reported to be able to see the test card fine by looking at it in the corner of their eye (in the peripheral vision). However, I don't see how it's possible to have perfect vision in your periphery field, because the eye is much more sensitive in the center than it is around the fovea centrialis (center of sight).

The strain that causes blur is different than the strain that causes eccentric fixation. However, it is a fact that if you have an error of refraction, you have at least a slight degree of eccentric fixation. Therefore the main point of the Bates method is to regain central fixation, as perfect central fixation cannot coexist with an error of refraction.

Re: After years of struggle I come across an Incredibly Fast and soothing cure - apavel - 07-13-2007

Mzero Wrote:That lets me wonder. Is it possible to have perfect eyesight without central fixation?

I doubt it, Bates stressed that central fixation is very important in the normal function of the eye.  It seems that perfect eyesight without central fixation is like a car without wheels. 
I'd say this begs the question of how people with imperfect sight are able to see clearly with glasses.  Glasses correct eccentric fixation, which allows the individual to see clearly.  You can note the effect by putting on a positive lens.  Tt actually makes it appear as though your myopia is worse by a certain degree.  You'll notice a clear temporary loss of central fixation.

Paul

Re: After years of struggle I come across an Incredibly Fast and soothing cure - Mike82 - 07-14-2007

Golf, What settings do you set the swing program to? Ie, swingtype, distance, angle, and frequency? Thanks!

Re: After years of struggle I come across an Incredibly Fast and soothing cure - golfr7k1 - 07-14-2007

The settings that work the best for me are Swingtype: random,  Distance: 4, Frequency: 600, and leave the bottom  settings at 50.  If you are reading with this setting on it would be best to begin with the distance at 2 because if you try to jump to a level that you can't handle, you will consciously move your eyes to catch up, defeating the entire purpose of this program.