MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 (/showthread.php?tid=8)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 - David - 06-08-2008

aurum-femina Wrote:Little confused. Haha. Am I supposed to move my head as a do it to my left and right , or keep it facing the same direction?

Keep facing the same direction as your body, without stiffening your neck. Keep it simple.

Dave

Re: Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 - harold08 - 08-02-2008

When im doin swinging, i feel that i am doin it wrong. Somehow i dont relax, and i dont clear up when apparently, im shifting very fast. I need help on how to do it propaly. Everyone else seems to benefit from this, but maybe because i do not know how to "Let go" of the strain. Anyone plz help for more detailed description on long swng? Thanks Smile

Re: Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 - clarknight - 08-02-2008

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cleareyesight.info">http://www.cleareyesight.info</a><!-- w --> has pictures and description of long swing.
Stay relaxed.
Enjoy swinging.
Start with a shorter, slower swing or the rock (sway).

Re: Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 - cgpan - 08-28-2008

I noticed while doing the swing if I focus on close objects, for example doing the swing in a room, my surrounding goes in the opposite direction of the swing as it should be. But if I look out a window and do the swing things in the distance actually moves in the same direction as the swing. Is this normal?

Re: Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 - Summon-Pretty-Peace - 08-31-2008

Quote:Is this normal?
Yeah, the distant objects are also moving in the opposite direction, only slower. It just creates the illusion of traveling in the same direction relative to things right in front of you. For example, when you look out a car window, near trees seem to zoom past you while background objects, like faraway mountains, move slower.

Re: Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 - clarknight - 09-01-2008

Long swing - everything; eyes, head, body move together left and right.

If doing the sway, a short sway, the head, eyes can stay forward with the body. If the body moves naturally alittle toward the left and right side, move the eyes, head with the body.
See pictures www.cleareyesight.info.

Re: Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 - Summon-Pretty-Peace - 09-01-2008

And this <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dhteumeuleu.com/run/parallax-III/">http://www.dhteumeuleu.com/run/parallax-III/</a><!-- m --> is a good demonstration of long swing parallax Smile

Re: Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 - harold08 - 09-02-2008

Which is more beneficial?
- doing swings in the morning + before u go to sleep
Or
- Doing swings in the afternoon for 15mins or so?

Maybe Both?

Re: Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 - Ram - 09-02-2008

I do some swings in the hot afternoon facing the direction of the sun - that way I combine exposing my skin to sunlight ( produces vitamin D), get used to bright light and glare( because the sun is squarely hitting my eyes) and swing - it is a three in one exercise that saves me plenty of time. Very frequently my visual acuity is doubled for 5-10 min after doing this. The glare was very difficult to handle initially but it is getting easier day by day but I still cant look directly at the sun.

Re: Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 - Mrcondo - 10-17-2008

What exactly are my eyes doing at this point?

I've tried it peering and glancing at the walls, making it a shifting session.
I've tried to bring my look in and glance at finger distance and
I've tried to look at empty space, seeing relatively nothing...

This is confusing me, someone help please!

Re: Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 - clarknight - 10-18-2008

See picture on http://www.cleareyesight.info. navagation chapter 17.
Just move everything together but dont get stiff trying to be perfect.
Relax and swing smoothly, flowing, left and right.
Turn the body to the left - the head/face moves left with the body, together, in scronization.
Turn right - the head/face moves right with the body.

Incorrect would be; turning the body to the right with head/face turned toward left in the opposite direction.

Re: Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 - harold08 - 10-27-2008

the thing about long swing is that - i dont think i benefit from it, even though i try it most of the times. Or it could be that im impatient - how long do i need to do it until i notice some improvement?

Re: Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 - David - 10-27-2008

Give anything at least half an hour. It doesn't take as long as that for something to "work" as we say, but if it's going to take longer than that, it should be more productive to try something else.

Dave

Re: Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 - clarknight - 10-28-2008

The head stays in alignment with the body and moves with the body in the same direction.
Dont try to be perfect or the body will feel stiff.
The head and body move together automatically.
Example; If you look at a object on the left side of the body, head directed to the left, it is more comfortable to also move the body to the left.
Try turning only the head to the left; The neck, head, chest and other areas become stiff, tight.
Now; turn both the head and the body together to the left; No tension.

Re: Method of the Month - Long Swing - Dec 2004 - harold08 - 10-30-2008

while doing the long swing, am i suppose to forget about my eyes? what am i suppose to think about?