MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Orthoculogy update... - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Orthoculogy update... - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Orthoculogy update... (/showthread.php?tid=900)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Orthoculogy update... - itsme - 07-14-2008

Hi Varangian. Yes, when you are at the optometrist get your K reading and also your full prescription as for eyeglasses. (diopeters, cylinder/axis if you have astig).

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cnib.ca/en/living/independent-living/prescription-1007/Default.aspx">http://www.cnib.ca/en/living/independen ... fault.aspx</a><!-- m -->

Regards, itsme Smile

Re: Orthoculogy update... - jaylc185 - 07-14-2008

Hey Varangian

I called the book the "sucker"

Saying that I 'read that sucker' means i painstakingly went through the whole book and i understand it well

Me and John are communicating via phone. I've given him my prescription via online
I'm going to get him to talk to my mom.
I've got the pricing and everything.
Once he talks to my mom, i'm sure we will start it.

He's very nice and helpful.

Further thoughts.

I believe that no one can get to -3 diopters or -4 diopters nearsighted without the assistance of glasses or contacts.
If you've never worn contacts or glasses, i'm sure your vision isn't this severe.
Therefore, to promote with the bates method for these severe myopias, it would more than likely
take 5 - 10 years to heal your vision, due to the damaging effects of inorganic, industrial contacts.
That's why, I feel it is necessary to have some type of advanced relaxation tool
to heal your eyes, which would make sense.

Contacts worsen your eyes, contacts help your eyes

It balances out.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - jaylc185 - 07-14-2008

Also,

at my last eye exam, the optometrist states that not wearing your glasses worsens your eyes
because you try to see.

This is true and false

True, because trying to see will worsen vision.

But false, because he is suggesting that one who does not wear glasses, must be trying to see. Which is not always true.

But I was kind of taken back, when after the eye exam,
he said,

"What you are doing may work in about 5 to 10 years"

It's unlike an optometrist to say something like that.

Maybe they do know that vision can improve,

but are still highly skeptical and not supportive; they don't want to put their careers at risk.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - Varangian - 07-15-2008

Hello jaycline1845,

Thanks.. sometimes I don't understand english perfectly, and something like this it's better to understand perfectly.

My diopters are around -6..... do you think I can get improvement? John told me that he can reduce it by half or clear it totally.. but depends a lot on my eyes for that. I'm asking because you said as if only -1 can be healed. Whatever the rate it's always better than nothing that's for sure.

You said you are communicating via phone now?! Did he gave it to you? I'm asking him questions by email and he isn't answering for quite some time now...
that's what irritating me.... I'm really looking forward to try them.

Thanks for keep posting btw.
REgards

Re: Orthoculogy update... - overkill - 07-15-2008

Well done jay - good to hear you're talking to the man. Don't let your guard down, though. Critical thinking is the key.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - Varangian - 07-15-2008

guard?

Re: Orthoculogy update... - jaylc185 - 07-15-2008

Hey Varangian.

Well, the procedure works like this.

He asks you questions to find out whether it is your lens, your eyeball, etc...

He works with you. Trying to discover the cause.

you say you have -6 diopters. First of all, make sure you have a negative prescription contacts/glasses.

Don't ever wear anything that contains -6 diopters. That includes contacts or glasses. -5.5 is better.

He will supply you with your first pair of contacts, with the fee of about 375 to 475 from what I know

Then later on, you get another pair, then another pair, as your eyes become more responsive.

I live in california and he is 3 hours ahead of me. He is a psychologist and a police officer so he has a global phone.

But still I know little because i have yet to do it. But it is legitimate.

I'll call him tomorrow, still need to get him to talk to my mom, then I'm going to start it off quickly. With my first pair.

Until then, that's all i can really say.

I know that the starting price is $375 to 475, which is great considering lasik is 4500 (4 both eyes)

Then to get an extra pair of contacts, you need to pay him extra small fee, of perhaps $50 until you get down to 20/40 or 20/20

So obviously someone who is in the -1 to -2 zone is not going to have to pay as much as someone who is in the -4 zone.

But I am sure to get started tomorrow and make the payment.

Post later
Jay.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - itsme - 07-15-2008

Hi Jay.

This is just a suggestion, but when you start your Ortho C, post a new discussion thread with your name in the subject...
like say, "Jay's Ortho C Blog" or something like that. I even noticed another vision improvement webiste which has a distinct forum called "Vision Blogs"... Anyways, I am very excited for you!

Regards, Itsme Smile

Re: Orthoculogy update... - Varangian - 07-16-2008

I'm quite confused now....

Quote:He asks you questions to find out whether it is your lens, your eyeball, etc...
What do you mean whether it is my lens or eyeball.. what exactly? If so how can I know? He never asked me these questions so far... he asked about to get the K-reading.. and if I ever wore contact lenses before... that's all.

Quote:He works with you. Trying to discover the cause.
Right now he isn't really working with me.... it's more you are working with me Tongue lol

Quote:you say you have -6 diopters. First of all, make sure you have a negative prescription contacts/glasses.
Negative prescription contacts/glasses!? ???

Quote:Don't ever wear anything that contains -6 diopters. That includes contacts or glasses. -5.5 is better.
On this you're right it's true my contacts are less than -6 diopters... the optician had just suggested that.

Quote:He will supply you with your first pair of contacts, with the fee of about 375 to 475 from what I know
$375 or $475 ? on his site from the paypal link it is around $41.95 CAD... there.... For a pair they are that much? You can't just order them from his site using PayPal?

the last part understood

Thanks! Wink

Re: Orthoculogy update... - jaylc185 - 07-16-2008

hey varangia

The book is $40, the contacts are somewhere around $375 to $475

Disregard the part about working with you.
He just gives you starting contacts, and you report to him what's going on, and he'll make the next decision on
the next contacts you get.

The next contacts further your improvement.

I meant to say 'reduced' rather than 'negative' sorry.

He asked you if you wore contact lenses to see if you would be comfortable with the contacts.

And also to see how long you had worn them; he can estimate how long the improvement will take.

He works as a police officer, so he probably doesn't have all the time in the world to explain
something he wrote in a book. But he's a nice guy and I'm sure he'll try his best.

But once you have your prescription, and your k reading, then you can email everything,
and the procedure will start.

Once again I am days away from beginning it. So I will have more information
prior to then

You can wait for me to try it and give a full analysis if you would like.

hope this helps
jay.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - Varangian - 07-17-2008

thanks Jay... it did helped... certain things were confusing me... I'm amazed a bit at the price of the lenses to be honest. ... hope they will serve good.

do you think you need to buy the book?

btw on <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chikung-unlimited.com/Contact-Lenses.html">http://www.chikung-unlimited.com/Contact-Lenses.html</a><!-- m -->
said that the lenses only cost as much as normal lenses......

Re: Orthoculogy update... - jaylc185 - 07-17-2008

I see what you are saying.

It probably covers the private procedure that you conduct with him.

I'm not sure, how much do regular contacts cost without insurance?

Insurance? From malta lenses only cost 14 euros? even less....

the high price sort of pushes me away a bit because it might be a scam..
I got the k-reading and prescription today.... now I need to contact John.... which is seeming to be the mission impossible Smile

Re: Orthoculogy update... - overkill - 07-21-2008

Things have gone a little quiet here. Is everyone still going ahead with their plans ?

How about you jay - are you going ahead with it ?