MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Orthoculogy update... - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Orthoculogy update... - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Orthoculogy update... (/showthread.php?tid=900)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Orthoculogy update... - Varangian - 07-21-2008

good question overkill,

I got the K-reading and prescription. My eyesight went down to around -7 now... :|

However John isn't replying to my emails. I've asked him some questions and what would be the next steps after the readings... but nothing from him..
I'm loosing a bit of faith here.. and I got a bit confused since these lenses jay said that they cost around $300 or so.. while I managed to contact a certain Hilda on <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chikung-unlimited.com/Contact-Lenses.html">http://www.chikung-unlimited.com/Contact-Lenses.html</a><!-- m --> she told me that they are about as much as regular prescription contacts...... she didn't mentioned any private procedure.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - overkill - 07-21-2008

Varangian,

it seems the task of getting John's attention is a matter of luck and perseverance. You have to believe he will respond at some point, but it seems he doesn't really treat this as a commercial venture. I really have no clue as to why you are hearing differing prices. It may just be that he has changed the pricing structure. I think that is natural.

Hang in there. I think this must be worth a try.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - Varangian - 07-23-2008

I think everyone must be on holiday.... jay etc... perhaps john as well..

Re: Orthoculogy update... - overkill - 07-23-2008

Right - I wonder about that. So I guess you have been sending emails to John and he just hasn't replied ?

...Message to "itsme": I have and old version of the book which does not include testimonials. Do you mind posting information here from the tetimonial section ? I would like to contact some of those people just to get some feedback. It is so hard to know what to do and it doesn't feel right to do anything until I communicate with at least a few people who have tried it.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - itsme - 07-23-2008

Hi Overkill.
We might not hear from Jay for a while... He mentioned he was moving to Texas July 30th, so he's probably
busy packing his things. Even then, it will take some time for him to receive the delivery of the contact lenses
over the border from John, and then commence with the procedure...

I think that Jay's blog on Ortho C will be the best testimonial for all of us who are interested ! Why don't you wait a
month or so and see how Jay does. .. Smile I'm sure his blog will be highly informative..
If you still want, I can write out a few testimonials..there are quite several. but I can pick out the best of the best.
Do you still want me to go ahead ?

For now I'm heading off to the beach, so I will look back later today to hear from you.
Regards, Its me Smile

Re: Orthoculogy update... - overkill - 07-23-2008

You're right itsme, I should be more patient with this. Jay really does provide substantial detail in his posts. I guess I was just wondering if he had abondoned this thing, but you're probably right about the move and what not being the hold up.

I guess I must have missed the bit about July 30.

If for whatever reason it doesn't come to be then I will hit on you again for the testimonials.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - itsme - 07-23-2008

OK, Overkill, no worries..
Talk to everyone later!

Regards, Itsme Smile

Re: Orthoculogy update... - Varangian - 07-24-2008

new update - John finally sent an email.....

He said that he will send a weaker prescription glasses... and he needs now as well a PD reading (Or pupil distance reading which is the distance between your pupil which the OD will measure.)....
This is something funny because why is he telling me now instead of before when I went already to the optician for the K-reading and prescription?! The total cost is around $400 dollars, with along some stuff like bottle of solutions, lenses etc..

He said that he is having problems with some people that are keeping him from assisting people, something to do with lawyers... I don't know why.. I fear this can be a scam. if it was only at the original price, I wouldn't mind for $40 on his site.

Jay didn't mention any PD reading either.
what do you think?

Re: Orthoculogy update... - itsme - 07-24-2008

Hi Varangian.

Sounds like John is getting you weaker prescription glasses because you have a very high prescription.
( I think you said you were -6 - -7) This is why he asked you for the PD measurement -for the glasses.
The recommendation for Ortho C is to go WITHOUT glasses/contacts for 2 weeks. Because your prescription is
very high you cannot do that, and so wearing weaker prescription glasses when you have to, will have to be a substitute.
Once you have worn the weaker prescription glasses for 2 weeks you will then start the Ortho C contact lens method.
I believe in the book it mentions that it may take a little longer because your eye muscles haven't relaxed as much as
they could or should. I would probably be a candidate for the weaker glasses as well, but I already have a pair at home.
The prescription you got from your optician is valid and John will need that. With that he will determine again, your weaker glasses prescription, and then later, your unique Ortho C contact lens specifications ( which the K reading is needed).

As for the $ 40, that was only for his book, and not for the contact lenses & John's help/expertise along the way.
I personally, don't think what he's charging is too much - if it works. Things are very expensive here in North America.
I could buy a pair of Jeans alone for $ 40 ! Smile

If you have so many doubts about it being a scam, then just don't do it. I don't think any one of us here (and there's only the 4 of us LOL ..although there seems to be lots lurking ) can convince you ,solely because we don't have a testimonial... but Jay could . Wait a month or 2 and see how Jay does. This may be the answer to build up confidence and reassurance ? Smile

Regards, Itsme Smile

Re: Orthoculogy update... - overkill - 07-24-2008

That's all pretty interesting.

Looks like itsme has explained the price related question.

In my opinion the more important question is the one that comes up regarding the people who he says are attempting to impede his activities. The obvious questions arising from this are: Who is trying to impede him and what are their reasons for doing this. It would be interesting to know the answers to these questions. It may tell us a great deal. Would John be willing to give details on this, I wonder ?

We all want this to be for real but we would be foolish to believe it all outright. We have to approach it with caution. I tend to believe that John is sincere, but it is not possible to make a definitive judgement on this yet. Once again I think itsme has the right formula for this.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - Varangian - 07-25-2008

thanks itsme and overkill...

Hopefully just checked about the doctors prescription that he gave me and there was the pd Smile.

well as overkill said we cannot be 100% sure and good observation to see why and what people are picking on him.. you know what the internet is made up of and how many websites that claim that can heal naturally etc. I'm still confident don't get me wrong, but I get frustrated when you start getting interested about something like this and you say oh only "$40" or so and they you find out that there is a hidden price in it. It's still not expensive but obviously remains a hidden price perse.

I'm still thinking of what the next step should be, if to wait for Jay or not. Since imagine I get these lenses and etc and we correspond by email.. what if he doesn't answer for a long time ?

About the weaker glass prescription... this I wasn't told about and is another new thing now, and I cannot understand why I need that? I have to ask John about it. What will a weaker glass do?

I'm not trying to unsettle this post/thread/whatever... but just to put some light on stuff.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - overkill - 07-25-2008

I think the thing about the weaker glasses is consistent with some of the things he says in his book. The idea is that the contacts will quickly reverse some of the myopia, after which it would not make sense to rely on your stronger glasses. - This is all my interpretation so please let me know if I am making some erroneous statement or assumption.

If my assumption is correct, the fact that he is recommending these weaker glasses can be interpreted as a sign of confidence in the therapeutic value of the treatment.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - overkill - 07-25-2008

Also... Here's something that I think is both interesting and encouraging. I just got this from Hilda in response to a question (and this seems somewhat relevant to your question about the weaker glasses).

The effects are only transitory, if you do nothing afterwards. You must continue wearing the lenses over time to slowly make it permanent. When you first put them on, it will appear as if you can see perfectly well, just as if you were wearing glasses. But after taking them off, the effects will last a few minutes to half an hour. If you continue this over several months, you will notice that your eyesight gradually improves. The improvements are slow and subtle because they happen over a long period of time.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - itsme - 07-25-2008

Thanks for sharing, Overkill.
If you're still in contact with her, it'd be nice to know what her - (minus) was,
and how long it took her to achieve her current vision..
She has a testimonial in John's book, but that specific information is not given.

Regards, Itsme Smile

Re: Orthoculogy update... - overkill - 07-26-2008

I do not know anything about the severity of Hilda's myopia prior to treatment. She did make a statement about how the degree of improvement attainable is proportional to the extent of myopia: The worse the myopia, the more dramatic the improvement.

I think it's important, though to manage expectations. She also said that it is not a miracle cure and that even though it does definitely help, it does have its limitations. I think she said something about how her astigmatism remained a problem after a year of using ortho-c.

One thing worth thinking about is that it seems she has used it for a year without any ill effects (or at least she didn't mention any).