MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Orthoculogy update... - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Orthoculogy update... - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Orthoculogy update... (/showthread.php?tid=900)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Orthoculogy update... - itsme - 07-26-2008

great, thanks again. RE: a miracle cure.. I agree there is no such thing.. but.. I think that Ortho C has
a lot of potential, and may give 'nonsurgical hope' to the mainstream population..

Regards, Itsme Smile

Re: Orthoculogy update... - overkill - 07-27-2008

It certainly sounds like it has the potential to be big. You mention a key word: "mainstream". I think that for it to become a mainstream therapy it would have to be tried and tested by authorities like the FDA. Given that they have approved ortho-k (which sounds less desirable to me), it doesn't seem like such a stretch. That is assuming that it works, of course. As it stands it is far from mainstream.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - Varangian - 07-28-2008

hehe.... yes.. in the long run I will give them a try. I really hope to hear from jay.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - jaylc185 - 08-01-2008

Hey it's jay.

So basically John tried to courier the orthoculogy to me, however, it took longer than expected and i left to texas before I could get it.

When my mom gets the orthoculogy equipment she will courier it up to me (in texas).

Meanwhile john's been trying to help me out, I managed to get a stack of -4s before I left but they're trials, and surprisingly they gave me 20/20, when i didn't want too strong of contacts.

So john may send down -3.5 to help me out.

I'll update later. I thought I was going to be doing orthoculogy right now but I guess canada's shipping guarantees are that less of a guarantees.

Post later.
Jay.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - itsme - 08-01-2008

Nice to hear from you Jay ! Hope your move to Texas was a good one !
Unfortunate about the delivery, but, most likely it was a customs thing .. Once it lands there, nobody has control :-\

Talk to you later, Itsme Smile

Re: Orthoculogy update... - Varangian - 08-02-2008

hi itsme and Jay....

nice to hear from you jay... I was thinking as well are these RGP lenses easy to put on? since they are hard you know.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - itsme - 08-02-2008

Hi Varangian. My first pair of contact lenses were actually gas permeable (hard) Boston lenses.
I switched a long time ago to soft because the gas perm's used to pop out of my eye by themselves when my eye
was dry. I lost them everywhere and always ended up stepping on them and crushing them when trying to find them
on the floor ! They were the same as the soft when putting them IN the eye, but with the hard you have to use a plunger
to take them OUt as opposed to your fingers with the soft. John's are flexible hard lenses, so I imagine they are easier to work with than what I had and plusyou only have to wear them a short few minutes, the dryness issue isn't an issue... But yes, I'd like to hear what Jay has to say once he gets his...

Regards, Itsme Smile

Re: Orthoculogy update... - overkill - 08-03-2008

Jay, I am trying to understand your references to -3.5 and -4 etc. I figure you are talking about contact lenses and the numbers are the diopter (strength) measure ? I would like to better understand what John is doing for you at this stage. You say he may send you some -3.5. How does this compare with what you have recently been using (stronger / weaker) ? Is he giving you his reasons for doing whatever he is doing ? How communicative is he and how well does he explain things ?

Re: Orthoculogy update... - Varangian - 08-11-2008

what happened to Jay ? I hope he's ok.... any updates? Did you get the lenses by now?

Re: Orthoculogy update... - Varangian - 08-19-2008

did he found out that it was a fraud or what Tongue?

Re: Orthoculogy update... - jaylc185 - 08-19-2008

Hey Varangian.

No it's not a fraud I received the package in the mail like 4 days ago.

Description:
2 blue contacts probably half the size of regular contacts
RGP liquid solution
RGP cleaner solution

How to do it:

take the contact for left eye or right eye
put liquid solution on it genurously
put it on your eye
Go outside for 2 minutes and scan objects 200 ft away, and then furtherest away possible.

my description

Currently I am still learning how to do it.
I didn't prepare properly, I needed -4s before I underwent ortho C

But i've done it about 3 or 4 times without doing the intermittent draws
I only did the continuous draws

I haven't noticed any improvement or anything.
John says I can only seee the improbvement with the glasses, so i'll need to printout a 20/20 chart and see if I have received any improvement.

pros

If it works, then the price is good. and better than lasik.
Nice, helpful guy behind the procedure.
proven to be successful.

cons

Plunger is necessary to remove teh contact, and tried to do it with my fingers, and I can honestly say that DO NOT LOSE the plunger.

Little scary when you have difficulty taking them off, but it comes about easier after teh 2nd or 3rd time.

for overkill, I would recommend you get someone who has knowledge with contacts to assist your daughter in doing this procedure, becasue it is definately not suitable for one who has no experience with contacts.

This is really a weak review and i can't type up a long thing because i am with my family in texas adn cnot really in my own environment.

But I will keep posting and hopefully I will have success to type about.

post later
jay.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - itsme - 08-19-2008

Thanks very much, Jay for your efforts in giving us an update. I hope all is going well with you in Texas ^-^

I look forward to hearing from you again and learning what results you have gained once you get
that eye chart !

Regards, Itsme Smile

Re: Orthoculogy update... - overkill - 08-19-2008

Thanks Jay. I think my daughter will be getting regular contacts soon so she will have some experience by the time we get round to trying ortho-c (if I can get approval from the wife).

Let us know how you get on.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - Varangian - 08-20-2008

good to know there are updates

thanks Jay... I was really looking forward for some kind of updates.
Keep us updated until finally I'll make up my mind in joining you in this reversal eyesight crusade.
Hope it works.

What is a plunger? Is this some kind of device John gives you to remove the lenses or what?

Re: Orthoculogy update... - jaylc185 - 08-20-2008

When your toilet ges blocked, you use a plunger to unblock it

it's about a dime-sized version of that.