MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Orthoculogy update... - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Orthoculogy update... - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Orthoculogy update... (/showthread.php?tid=900)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Orthoculogy update... - Varangian - 11-17-2008

how come changed the opinion all of a sudden?

do you had some improvement or what?

or you were messing with us? ;p

Re: Orthoculogy update... - jaylc185 - 11-17-2008

Dear Varangian.

I was about to give up. I was on the verge of it.
Then one day I went to sleep rather early, maybe
7:30 pm. And right before I woke up at about 6:00 .
I had a dream. In this dream, Dr. William Bates came through my window
and sat down on a chair next to me.

He asked me "Jay, why do you want to give up on my method?"
Now ofcourse, I was very scared and surprised. But amazed
that he was in my room!
"Dr Bates! Well, um... It's just that I haven't noticed any improvement yet."
Dr Bates examined me for a moment and said.
"Jay, my method is proven. But the only way to succeed is to wholeheartedly believe that improvement is on the way.
You must follow my method. Research my principles, and commit lifelong dedication to my purpose. One day, my son,
you will succeed."

That brought a tear to my eye.

I then said. "Okay Dr. Bates, I won't give up. I will palm when there is no palming. I will swing when there is no swinging.
And I will sun when there is no sun."

He said. "That's right my son! You must be willing to fight back against the optometrists that want to hurt you.
You must go the distance. You must be the savior of the broken. The beating of the damned.
Then you will join me in the black parade!"

So as of today I have renewed my enthusiasm to become a Bates master!

Jay.

Re: Orthoculogy update... - itsme - 11-17-2008

Jay, you can't be serious.. Big Grin I broke up in gales of laughter LOL You are too funny ;D
p.s I sent a reply back to you.
Regards, Its Smile me

Re: Orthoculogy update... - otis - 11-18-2008

Dear Jay,

I enjoyed your statement. It is truly a result of frustration -- no question about it.

But I have reviewed Bates original intention in his 1913 study (i.e., start the preventive
methods BEFORE that first minus) and would suggest that Dr. Bates did not
make "claims" (at that point) beyond what he stated in that 1913 study.

Quote:He said. "That's right my son! You must be willing to fight back against the optometrists that want to hurt you.
You must go the distance. You must be the savior of the broken. The beating of the damned.
Then you will join me in the black parade!"

So as of today I have renewed my enthusiasm to become a Bates master!

Jay.

=============

There are many opinions about this issue -- but I have suggested a person be offered a
choice (when his Snellen is 20/50 to 20/60) and his refractive STATE is -1 diopter.

The choice would be to begin use of the preventive method(s) before you even
begin wearing that wretched minus.

If Dr Bates came back -- I am certain he would make that issue even clearer
to us -- than he did in his 1913 study.

But I appreciate and respect your frustration. We all understand it.
That is why I never use the word "cure".

Otis

Re: Orthoculogy update... - Varangian - 11-18-2008

:Smile :-\

Re: Orthoculogy update... - Varangian - 12-02-2008

no one else is going in for it?

Re: Orthoculogy update... - itsme - 12-02-2008

We are waiting on you ! ;D

Re: Orthoculogy update... - noneother - 09-01-2010

so this thing is a scam?