MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Anyone with visual Snow, floaters, etc? - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Anyone with visual Snow, floaters, etc? - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Anyone with visual Snow, floaters, etc? (/showthread.php?tid=905)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Anyone with visual Snow, floaters, etc? - clarknight - 07-31-2008

I see the veins, clear looking with moving particles when i look through binoculars at night near but not at a light.
Its not good to use binoculars, magnifie They strain the eyes, eye muscles but i wanted to mention this phenomena.
Also dont look at/near the sun with binoculars, telescopes.
My friend burned his cornea doing this when the telescopes eye protection piece was not in place.
My cousin got alot of black floaters when withdrawing from caffine, quitting caffine.
Eating unhealthy food and withdrawing from it seems to cause floaters.

Re: Anyone with visual Snow, floaters, etc? - Ram - 07-31-2008

Mihai_alexandru Wrote:There are some variations to it. Sometimes I see it without any flowing floaters, just some big, ugly veins positioned in a circle surrounding the light. They look like tree branches.

So they might be illusions. The floaters are allright but if it were me I would be uncomfortable with the sighting of veins in the field of vision and would certainly get them checked out. As I said earlier the eyes are not the ones to mess with...

Re: Anyone with visual Snow, floaters, etc? - Mihai_alexandru - 08-01-2008

I don't know if they're illussions. They seem to happen when my right eye is dry so we might not know. I'm going to check my eyes soon to make sure everything is alright.

Re: Anyone with visual Snow, floaters, etc? - harold08 - 08-01-2008

Floaters are not optical illusions, but they are entoptic phenomena. These are visual effects whose source is within the eye itself. Anyway thats what i read ;D

Re: Anyone with visual Snow, floaters, etc? - Ram - 08-01-2008

That is one of the mainsteam theories about floaters. Dr.Bates does not really agree with that. Personally I think there is partial truth in both the views. I can see floaters with even closed eyes( even in dark) and I dont think the theory of entoptic phenomena explains that. It is possible that there are floaters of both imaginary and organic origin. The former is purely illusion and the latter is some kind of shadow cast on the retina.

Re: Anyone with visual Snow, floaters, etc? - harold08 - 08-02-2008

Apparently one of the theries is that floaters are caused by the thick fluid that fills ur eyes although i dont think there's any proof of that? If there was, then floaters are also partly responsible due to entoptic phenomena.

Re: Anyone with visual Snow, floaters, etc? - Mihai_alexandru - 08-03-2008

The doctors have no explanation for Visual Snow, which is annoying for very many people (check outhttp://www.visualsnow.com) so they might be completely or partially wrong about floaters too.

RE: Anyone with visual Snow, floaters, etc? - DeadWolffiey - 11-24-2014

(07-20-2008, 10:30 AM)Mihai_alexandru Wrote: I'm way below 35-40.

I don't understand what is a thorough eye check. I went to the doctor 3 months ago and I found out that I have myopia. She said that I have myopia, and nothing else. She put me read the Snellen and then examined my eyes at the special device that Bates also used (can't remember the exact name at the moment). Are there any other ways to check my eyes? ???

The only way to truly check Visual Snow is through a Neurologist. I'm going to one to be diagnosed, Ever since I was little(I'm Sixteen Now) I've had Visual snow, every time I try to explain it to people they say it's Floaters; Which infuriates me. Every once in a while, The Snow will grow so strong to a point where I go temporarily blind in both of my eyes.

Oh and I created this account just to comment on this.