MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Anyone with visual Snow, floaters, etc?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone with visual Snow, floaters, etc?
I was wondering if there is anyone here with other eye conditions like visual snow, floaters, starbursts,etc. I have ALL of them.

I've got the floaters since my eyes were still 20/20 and I do not remember when I came across the other annoying visual disturbances.

Just like myopia or hyperopia, they are considered by the mainstream to be untreatable. Bates says that floaters are optical illusions, but when I look at the sun and see my whole visual field filled almost 100% with weird lingering stuff they seem pretty real to me.

The visual snow is clearly the MOST annoying. They are the grey dots that flicker, just like on TV. My whole night vision is impaired by this random noise. I can't do palming relaxed because when I close my eyes I see this "snow".

Any experiences here with these types of visual problems?
I have that too sometimes. I find it helpful to not think about it. If you think about it and try to look at the floaters in your visual field it tends to make things worse.
I get all these when consume too much diet pepsi, sugar, staring at computer, drawing board with incorrect posture, neck tension for many hours.
Stress , hormone changes, exposure to chemicals through food, air, skin contact, withdrawal from caffine can cause them to appear.
Alway check with your doctor - many floaters, sudden increase can be detached retina or other problem but most all the time the eye doctor will say the eye is normal, healthy.
Some say they are old cell debris.
Dr Bates used relaxation, shifting, central fixation to remove appearance of floaters.
I notice when I stare, eyes not shiftng freely the floaters appear.
When shift, relax and not concentrate on them, they disappear.
When taking a vision improvement course from Tom quackenbush he said the mind will shut them off if I relax, improve my diet, and shift, central fixation...
At first i did not believe that the mind/brain can do this but it is true.
When my mind, eyes relax, function correct, the floaters disappear.
I got some real bad ones after using a lot of medication eye drops during my eye infection.
Although my kinesiologist said floaters are a sign of a toxic liver, I've been using
CAN C/Nu Eyes N-acetyl carnosine eye drops for about 3 months.The floaters are almost gone and was
told by my optometrist recently that my retinas are very very healthy.

Regards, Itsme Smile
I've noticed that I frequently get some kind of "weird spots" when I look at street lamps late in the night. They're really weird.

I don't know how to describe them. They're like some pretty big circles that appear sometimes in all major light sources (moon, street lamps, etc). They only happen at night and often at very late hours. I can see things in the circles like some veins or something and there are also very many floaters lingering down in the circles.

The weird things can only be seen in the circles, the rest of the visual field is clean.

Also, my right eye hurts after seeing them, like it's dry. But it wasn't dry before.

I don't know if these "weird spots" count as starbursts, but does anyone know anything about them? They're so weird.
Mihai_alexandru Wrote:I've noticed that I frequently get some kind of "weird spots" when I look at street lamps late in the night. They're really weird.

I don't know how to describe them. They're like some pretty big circles that appear sometimes in all major light sources (moon, street lamps, etc). They only happen at night and often at very late hours. I can see things in the circles like some veins or something and there are also very many floaters lingering down in the circles.

The weird things can only be seen in the circles, the rest of the visual field is clean.

Also, my right eye hurts after seeing them, like it's dry. But it wasn't dry before.

I don't know if these "weird spots" count as starbursts, but does anyone know anything about them? They're so weird.

Some of these symptoms dont appear to me to be normal floaters. Circles( and colors) around lights have to be examined by a trained ophthalmologist to rule out serious problems. Please have a slit lamp examination as a precaution. If you experience flashes( or starbursts) have your eyes thoroughly checked.

Though their way of teating myopia is shabby you still need to seek their assistance for other problems. Dont classify all symptoms as myopia and waste precious time in seeking eye care.

I too have floaters and other symptoms but I have myself checked thoroughly every year. If you are above thirty five( or forty) you might have vitreous detachment which can cause all sorts of symptoms and sometimes need medical attention. In some people this can happen early too.
I'm way below 35-40.

I don't understand what is a thorough eye check. I went to the doctor 3 months ago and I found out that I have myopia. She said that I have myopia, and nothing else. She put me read the Snellen and then examined my eyes at the special device that Bates also used (can't remember the exact name at the moment). Are there any other ways to check my eyes? ???
You mean you were tested with a retinoscope? That is used to measure the extent of refractive error. But it cannot reveal the inner structures of the eye.

Many of us have eye pains and various vision symptoms such as floaters, flashes, dryness etc. Myopia can cause all this. But myopia is not the only factor that causes pain, reduced vision and other symptoms. There are conditions such as glaucoma, iritis, retinitis, various detachments etc all of which can cause eye trouble. Pain in the eyeball is not normal while headache and pain in the temple and sorrounding the eye( and even the whole face) are quite normal for myopes. Floaters are not unusual but if you think you experience very abnormal symptoms then the eye must be examined using the slit lamp. I have a form of silent migraine that can cause temporary blindness and strange symptoms but all such symptoms should never be ignored. The eye is too precious for that.
I think the weird circles are labeled as "halos around lights". I got another one 2 hours ago and it is accompanied by a feeling of burn of the eye. I'm going to see the eye doctor at the end of the summer, but do you really think that I have a chance of cataract, glaucoma or anything like that at 16? But the halo is not uniform though, not a perfect circle shape at all. I seem to get it when my right eye is dry.
What exactly do you mean by halos around lights? The normal eye sees a source of light as a sharp point source if it is sufficiently far away. The myopic eye does not see it this way but sees a rather large hazy mass of light and the worse your myopia the uglier and shapeless every light source appears to be. This is more prominent at night when you do not enjoy the pinhole effect of bright light which can mask the above problem. If this is what your problem is you just work on improving your vision to normal and these halos would disappear.

The halos of glaucoma, cataract or optic nerve damage are more prominent and you will usually see coloring around lights too. Dry eye can cause halos too but if your halos are variable and vary throughout the day it is more likely your problem is not serious. With glaucoma it is likely to be very constant. If you are in doubt see a doctor anyway. Given that your vision is only slightly impaired I dont think you have cataracts or glaucoma.
After ruling out serious eye problems; cataracts, glaucoma, retina...detachment; then, the halos around lights can be dust, film on the cornea, maybe temporary astigmatism, lowered vision due to poor diet, eyestrain.
I experienced the veins with moving particles when looking at a halogen lamp in our cellar.
Turned out to be the tiny capiliaries, blood flowing in the eye.
Under certain light, conditions the eyes retina, cones can see tiny parts of the eye.
There is a very thin area of the retina over the cones, rods in the retina.
see Tom Quackenbushes book; Relearning to See
Ram Wrote:What exactly do you mean by halos around lights? The normal eye sees a source of light as a sharp point source if it is sufficiently far away. The myopic eye does not see it this way but sees a rather large hazy mass of light and the worse your myopia the uglier and shapeless every light source appears to be. This is more prominent at night when you do not enjoy the pinhole effect of bright light which can mask the above problem. If this is what your problem is you just work on improving your vision to normal and these halos would disappear.

I know what you are talking about, but it's not the hazy mass. It's something completely different. I've drawn over a picture:

[Image: haloaroundlightpm7.jpg]

Any opinions guys?
Thats a good drawing.
I live in a air polluted city and get something like this when cornea is coated with dirt.
Also can see something similiar to this in peripheral field when stare at the light, infrequent eye movement.
Some eye movement makes floaters move faster, more noticeable.
Faster eye movement, better shifting and relaxation and the floaters are gone.
These dont appear to be the halos of glaucoma etc. I have seen similar thing when looking at the sun with eyes closed. The eyelids are not opaque which would permit such a thing under very bright conditions such as the sun. But such a phenomenon is not easy to explain at night when the inner structures of the eye are very dimly lit. Generally structures inside the eyes will be completely out of focus to be seen. Anything within 5-10cm distance of the eye is out of focus and it is not easy to explain how one can see anything located a few millimetres away. Can the retina see itself? Cant the retina see anything posterior to the eye lens? I dont know. But if we understand that the eye itself is not the seer but the seer is the mind ( rather the soul philosophically) then theoretically you can see your own eye.

Dust on the cornea can cause it temporarily because the dust covered portion of the cornea is temporarily opaque and what you see might be the pattern of opacity. But you cannot normally see these dust particles. Have you tried wearing pinholes? The opaque portions of the glass are extremely out of focus and can hardly be seen once you are used to it. I doubt if objects much closer to the retina can be seen at all especially so clearly depicited by you.

Does the pattern change everytime or is it the same? If they were the same it is probably a phenomenon deeper than the cornea like blood vessels in the retina etc. Or they might just be illusions.
There are some variations to it. Sometimes I see it without any flowing floaters, just some big, ugly veins positioned in a circle surrounding the light. They look like tree branches.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download